Stoke beating Bolton....

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
...still early days though. 2-0, Etherington and Huth.

Lots of empty seats at Wembley, which rather illustrates the point that the semis shouldn't be played there. The irony being, the teams that actually reach the final receive considerably fewer tickets than they do for the semi, thanks to the FA needing to offer freebies out to all their corporate mates as well as the old gimmers at every county FA in the country.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Good, hope Stoke beat City, nice to think we went out to the eventual winners. Plus the fact Stoke are long overdue for some success especially against Manchester (more money than sense) City.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Marc1901

Peace out.
Apr 26, 2009
The Championship.
Hope Man City win the F.A Cup. I was speaking to City fans yesterday and they all come across very nice people. They were saying that after the game yesterday United fans were in a line outside waiting for them and throwing bottles and bricks. :nono:

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Pleased for stoke. Wasn't that long ago we were beating them to the div 2 title and now look at them. And their footy no way as bad as some might say, they're tough, sure, but have some good players and talent out wide, any side would be proud of their goals today

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Hope Man City win the F.A Cup. I was speaking to City fans yesterday and they all come across very nice people. They were saying that after the game yesterday United fans were in a line outside waiting for them and throwing bottles and bricks. :nono:

City fans are nicer that's quite true. I have good memories of when we played them. Remember walking up Neville Road with several and commiserating with them after we had beaten them 4-0, no rancour just compliments. Mind you they actually come from Manchester.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
...still early days though. 2-0, Etherington and Huth.

Lots of empty seats at Wembley, which rather illustrates the point that the semis shouldn't be played there. The irony being, the teams that actually reach the final receive considerably fewer tickets than they do for the semi, thanks to the FA needing to offer freebies out to all their corporate mates as well as the old gimmers at every county FA in the country.

The FA Cup has lost a lot of it's allure. First of all leaving Wembley didn't help. Then Manure deciding to play in it devalued it even more, frankly they should have been told that if they didn't think it was worth their while then not playing in it for five years would be an idea. Now they play the semis at Wembley has only further devalued it's worth. I seldom watch the final these days although I think a City V Stoke game would be a hell of a lot more interesting than say Pompey V Cardiff.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Come on Stoke !!!
Took 6.8 on betfair last night to win the cup

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
The FA Cup has lost a lot of it's allure. First of all leaving Wembley didn't help. Then Manure deciding to play in it devalued it even more, frankly they should have been told that if they didn't think it was worth their while then not playing in it for five years would be an idea. Now they play the semis at Wembley has only further devalued it's worth. I seldom watch the final these days although I think a City V Stoke game would be a hell of a lot more interesting than say Pompey V Cardiff.

Agreed, fed up with the same old teams getting in it every year. Watching two of the supposed Big Four playing each other is getting tedious, and even when only one of them makes it, the other team is usually someone so crap the result is a foregone conclusion. And then even when two complete outsiders (Pompey and Cardiff) got there, I didn't want either of them to win.

So City v Stoke might actually be one worth watching, because it's two "new" teams, both sets of fans will actually care (as opposed to it being the tenth time they've been to Wembley in the last decade), and because both teams will think they can win it.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Judging by the fact that Stoke are now 4-0 up it's now odds on to be a City v City final. Given the styles of play each teams adopt it could well be a Beauty and the Beast game. Should be interesting to see how Pulis' direct style and economy players match up against Man City's overpriced heros.

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
Seems utterly pointless they played this game at Wembley, All those empty seats even before the Bolton fans started leaving is frankly embarrasing.

Instead of making the Bolton & Stoke fans trek half way across the country surely playing it in Manchester or at Villa Park would've made better sense.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
A monumentally crap journey home for Bolton fans. What on earth happened??

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Aside from this game, how are your Tootsies Edna?

Not good, hence I posed the question on the official running thread about losing toenails! :eek:

It doesn't hurt so long as I'm not wearing any shoes. Which is a bit of an issue, as they tend to frown on flip flops in my line of work :rolleyes:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports