Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stoke - £10 return

Tomnorthi

Jan 2, 2010
BN15
This is great. Get a southern daysave to Milton Keynes to £6, then this for £10 brilliant.

arismendi's-stereo

Mar 8, 2010
London
So...to recap;

Euston to Stoke dep 10.46 arr 13.13

Stoke to Northampton dep 17.54 arr 19.41
Northampton to Euston dep 20.00 arr 21.09

Sorted!

I'll be on those trains, so when we've beaten you 3-nil....be nice ;)

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Ah yes you're right.

But you can do Stoke-Northampton then Northampton-Euston on LM and because its unlimited offpeak travel (which their site is saying allows these trains) 18:51, 19:05, 19:31 or the 20:00 to Euston on this deal.

Hmm... Just had a proper look at the timetable, mate. Where did you get your train times from?!

As far as I can see from the London Midland website, if the voucher deal only allows you to use London Midland trains the last train that'll get you back to Euston is the 18:54 from Stoke to Northampton, then either get the 21:00 (arrives 22:11), the 21:14 (arrives 22:36) or the 22:05 (arrives 23:27) from Northampton to Euston.

There are later trains from Stoke to Northampton (via Birmingham New Street), but they're all Cross Country trains from Stoke to Birmingham, so the voucher wouldn't be allowed on them.

So it looks like the 18:54 from Stoke is the last train you can get after the game - a 3hrs 15 mins to Euston if you connect with the first one out of Northampton.

Last edited:

arismendi's-stereo

Mar 8, 2010
London
Hmm... Just had a proper look at the timetable, mate. Where did you get your train times from?!

As far as I can see from the London Midland website, if the voucher deal only allows you to use London Midland trains the last train that'll get back to Euston is to leave Stoke on the 18:54 to Northampton, then either get the 21:00 (arrives 22:11), the 21:14 (arrives 22:36) or the 22:05 (arrives 23:27) from Northampton to Euston.

There are later trains from Stoke to Northampton (via Birmingham New Street), but they're all Cross Country trains from Stoke to Birmingham, so the voucher wouldn't be allowed on them.

So it looks like the 18:54 from Stoke is the last train you can get after the game - a 3hrs 15 mins to Euston if you connect with the first one out of Northampton.

Try this;

National Rail Enquiries

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009

As far as I can see from the London Midland website, if the voucher deal only allows you to use London Midland trains the last train that'll get you back to Euston is the 18:54 from Stoke to Northampton, then either get the 21:00 (arrives 22:11), the 21:14 (arrives 22:36) or the 22:05 (arrives 23:27) from Northampton to Euston.

just using the Journey Planner on the London Midlands site

I searched for Stoke-On-Trent to Northampton departing after 5pm, and then Northampton-Euston departing after 6pm.

All the trains I checked were London Midland trains.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
just using the Journey Planner on the London Midlands site

I searched for Stoke-On-Trent to Northampton departing after 5pm, and then Northampton-Euston departing after 6pm.

All the trains I checked were London Midland trains.

That's what I did. Think you got the dates wrong or something, then. Because only two LM trains work out, the 17:54 and the 18:54 from Stoke to Northampton.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
That's what I did. Think you got the dates wrong or something, then. Because only two LM trains work out, the 17:54 and the 18:54 from Stoke to Northampton.

Oh, the multiple trains to Euston are out of Northampton, I ran with the two trains at 54 past the hour out of Stoke to N'Hampton. :lolol: sorry i didn't make it clear!

So you get either the 1754 or the 1854 to Northampton then can get any of the four trains I mentioned (depending on which train you get out of stoke) to Euston.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Oh, the multiple trains to Euston are out of Northampton, I ran with the two trains at 54 past the hour out of Stoke to N'Hampton. :lolol: sorry i didn't make it clear!

So you get either the 1754 or the 1854 to Northampton then can get any of the four trains I mentioned (depending on which train you get out of stoke) to Euston.

Oh, FFS! That's an hour wasted, then!!! :lolol:

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
I would keep any eye on Virgin, yesterday they had no advance fares for Sat 19th but now they do. Problem is they are nearly double the price of standard off peak fares which somewhat defeats the object but it wouldn't suprise me if cheaper advance fares suddenly appear - I travel quite a bit on Virgin trains and their website is renowned for being 'unpredictable'.

Fact thar Crawley play ManU on same day shouldn't be an issue, games are at different times & they run every 20 mins throughout the day so loads of room for all.

Won't beat £10 return though!!

Aldo

Ruffian Revolution. STH.
Jul 15, 2008
Hove
Bump for people currently asking for train help

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Earliest date you can select now is Sunday so presume these have all gone now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here