Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stockdale

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
It is ok stockdale answering albion fans on Twitter that is his right and all power to his typing digit.

The thing that comes across is that I honestly don't think the players know how seriously pissed off we all are at this complete shitehouse of a season and to be frank, we haven't as fans really given the players a load of stick at all...ok best was boooooed off, but actually I was booing hughton for taking him off and not playing the headless chicken together with him. He at least looked like he could win the ball!

If we do not perform on Saturday, I really do feel there could be a backlash .....whether we are safe or not.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
It is ok stockdale answering albion fans on Twitter that is his right and all power to his typing digit.

The thing that comes across is that I honestly don't think the players know how seriously pissed off we all are at this complete shitehouse of a season and to be frank, we haven't as fans really given the players a load of stick at all...ok best was boooooed off, but actually I was booing hughton for taking him off and not playing the headless chicken together with him. He at least looked like he could win the ball!

If we do not perform on Saturday, I really do feel there could be a backlash .....whether we are safe or not.

I guess there was the Millwall (i think) where the atmosphere got a bit poisonous but i guess that was aimed at Sami

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
Stockdale may have a few howlers in him, but he also makes a number of top quality saves that prevent what should have been a goal.

He's not the reason for our current predicament; it's the complete and utter lack of guile in attack. Nobody in the bottom half has conceded fewer goals than we have, but only the bottom four and Sheffield Wednesday have a goalscoring record worse than
ours.

I don't need to agree - even though I do - the stats speak for themselves.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
This has been said on many threads about him. What made you suggest this again today? Did you fault him for their goal or goals. I will watch the FL Show later. Brother reckoned the 2nd was due to a defender getting badly turned but couldnt identify who it was.

Halford according to the wireless. Mistakes he has made (no more than any other keeper) have been massively magnified due to our complete inability up front. WE ARE FIGHTING RELEGATION BECAUSE WE CAN'T SCORE, not because of Stockdale or the defence.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Most games Stockdale does his job well. You couldn't say that for most of our attacking players.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Halford according to the wireless. Mistakes he has made (no more than any other keeper) have been massively magnified due to our complete inability up front. WE ARE FIGHTING RELEGATION BECAUSE WE CAN'T SCORE, not because of Stockdale or the defence.

It was Halford at fault - I was at the game. Our goal difference is keeping us out of real trouble and that's down to Stockdale's saves. He stopped a one on one with McClean just before half time which would have put us 2-0 down. Today was the first time we'd conceded two goals away from home since last December.
The team switched off about 15 mins after we equalised as they seemed to think it was job done. There were far worse players out there than Stockdale today.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Stockdale may have a few howlers in him, but he also makes a number of top quality saves that prevent what should have been a goal.

He's not the reason for our current predicament; it's the complete and utter lack of guile in attack. Nobody in the bottom half has conceded fewer goals than we have, but only the bottom four and Sheffield Wednesday have a goalscoring record worse than ours.

This. Certainly wasn't at fault for the first goal but waiting to see the second on the FL show as it was at the far end. However, had KLL scored it wouldn't have mattered. Completely missed the target when it would have been easier to score!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I actually think he has the talent and technique to be a quality goalkeeper. His kicking is magnificent, he is very good on crosses (albeit prone to the occasional poor decision on when to leave his line) and he makes a lot of good saves. He just needs to work on his concentration, because he can switch off and allow a harmless situation to become a problem, but generally I am impressed with him. We've got seven or eight worse players in our eleven every week in my opinion.

Most games Stockdale does his job well. You couldn't say that for most of our attacking players.

Both spot on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here