Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stockdale

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Stockdale made some excellent saves before and after his howler. Is he a bit too prone to costly mistakes as Adam Virgo thinks? Possibly, time will tell. What is often overlooked though is how exposed he is. I'm a big fan of both Joe Bennett and Bruno, but at least once a game they get completely done and a wide player has far too much time and space to put in a killer ball.

I agree that Stockdale's defence leave him very little cover.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I don't understand the stick Stockdale gets on here. Anyone who seriously thinks he cost us two points yesterday as opposed to saving us one is so biased their opinion should be ignored. He could have done better with the goal but he kept us in the game before that and made an incredible save at the end to earn a point.

On the other hand, Kuszczak, who lots of people go on about on here, made a mistake for our goal and was lucky to get away with pushing the ball back into play for our disallowed goal. If you want to look at what cost us two points yesterday, it was the chances we missed (especially CMS).

Having seen the Reading first goal, it looks more Ince's fault than Stockdale's. People keep going on about how few mistakes Kuszczak made for us. However, on the terms of what is called a mistake for Stockdale, he probably made lots more. It seems it is what Kuszczak wasn't blamed for on here is now being marked as Stockdale's fault by a minority on here who are very vocal. No doubt I'll be slagged off by London Irish and others for supporting the team but I am allowed an opinion.

I don't think anyone, including you can ignore the goal he conceded should have been saved. His other contributions are irrelevant really as he's a goalkeeper - he's meant to make saves.

However I wouldn't blame Stockdale for us dropping 2 points anymore than I'd blame CMS for missing several guilt edged chances. To be fair to Stockade, his last few performances at the Amex have been excellent, the Derby win especially was a top drawer performance; it made the mistake on Saturday a little more annoying given his form has been so good.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Yet another top drawer performance from Stockdale today, resulting in a SIXTH clean sheet in his last ten games. Very impressive.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Disagree.

A good keeper would have caught the cross.
Surely a good keeper would have stopped the cross at source. :lol:

I say we get rid of the clean sheet liability now, so we can move on to ruining the career of a 19 year old.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Nonsense, yesterday's clean sheet was all due to Dunk.

According to the radio commentators the referee gets the assist on the clean sheet as their goal shouldn't have been disallowed because Stockdale wasn't fouled when he fumbled it. Had that stood this would be another wolves: 3 point keeping saves v 1 points costing error.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
According to the radio commentators the referee gets the assist on the clean sheet as their goal shouldn't have been disallowed because Stockdale wasn't fouled when he fumbled it. Had that stood this would be another wolves: 3 point keeping saves v 1 points costing error.

According to the people standing behind the goal when it happened (i.e. me and my mates) it was a clear foul, and Rhodes didn't even protest when the ref blew the whistle, which is indicative of how non-controversial the decision was.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London

I haven't seen a replay but it was right in front of the away end and it looked clear that Rhodes jumped at Stockdale and fouled him.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Stockdale will be an Albion cult figure by this time next year. He has turned around an absolute nightmare start in a team that was struggling from the off. I am still not 100% convinced by him but if he was error free he wouldn't be playing for us.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Stockdale will be an Albion cult figure by this time next year. He has turned around an absolute nightmare start in a team that was struggling from the off. I am still not 100% convinced by him but if he was error free he wouldn't be playing for us.
Fluff and piffle.

He's a wrong'un I tells yer, wrong'un.

I should know I've stood on the terraces and ruined the careers of plenty better than him playing for MY team, with my negativity.

Booooooooo

Thank god KFC got on the pitch yesterday.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
According to the people standing behind the goal when it happened (i.e. me and my mates) it was a clear foul, and Rhodes didn't even protest when the ref blew the whistle, which is indicative of how non-controversial the decision was.

I haven't seen a replay but it was right in front of the away end and it looked clear that Rhodes jumped at Stockdale and fouled him.

The commentators did have the benefit replay evidence.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here