Stockdale

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Southy

Jul 7, 2003
Come on he's kept us in it 2 games in a row in tough away matches after a bad game before. That shows at least he has bottle and is willing to stand up and be counted unlike some of this squad. Give him the credit.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Whenever stockdale plays well the whiners always say regulation saves blah blah blah. Just give the man a bit of credit for playing well and 2 clean sheets away from home, is it really that hard to say well done

Exactly this. Regulation saves or not, they had to be made and he made them.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Which is what is expected of him. Doing a regulation save does not excuse the number of games he has cost us this season.

That is balanced out by games where he's kept us in it, like Rotherham and Fulham, neither of which had 'routine saves' but darned good saves.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Whenever stockdale plays well the whiners always say regulation saves blah blah blah. Just give the man a bit of credit for playing well and 2 clean sheets away from home, is it really that hard to say well done

JFC wasn't playing, so somebody has to be blamed for something.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
That is balanced out by games where he's kept us in it, like Rotherham and Fulham, neither of which had 'routine saves' but darned good saves.

Agreed. JFC wasn't playing today so Stockdale is bound to get the brunt of the criticism isn't he ? Would have thought failure to score against two crap teams, whilst keeping clean sheets ourself, points to a problem at the other end really.

Feb 14, 2010

No its not. I expect keepers to make match winning saves every now and again, I dont expect them to make howler after howler after howler after howler month in month out. He has been garbage this season. You cant kid the fans who see it with their own eyes. As we saw CMS not being as good as Murray the first time we saw him play. How these bloody scouts and managers cant see it is beyond belief.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
He needs these clean sheets to give him confidence, as well as reassure the defence. It's a positive we should take from this game in addition to the fact that it's our first point there for decades.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
No its not. I expect keepers to make match winning saves every now and again, I dont expect them to make howler after howler after howler after howler month in month out. He has been garbage this season. You cant kid the fans who see it with their own eyes. As we saw CMS not being as good as Murray the first time we saw him play. How these bloody scouts and managers cant see it is beyond belief.

I have seen it with my own eyes. I didn't go to Sheffield today but I have been to 9 away games this season, & have a season ticket.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Bet you are not happy today ****

I think Stockdale has been mainly shite and cost us a lot of points. However, I'm delighted with his pen save today - it was probably a turning point in the game, and I hope it marks a tuning point in his form. After all, I'm a Brighton fan; why wouldn't I be?

Juror#13

Banned
Jan 14, 2015
Stockdale contract is 3 years so no premiership football then. Wow, he saved a penalty so now is a world class keeper. He's so shocking it's unreal, he's cost us at least 12 pts. Law of averages says he'll have a good game or two but Jesus, the man is a clown and we paid over £1m for him.

He's best calamity moments are yet to come and someone should tell him the game doesn't start after conceding after their first shot on target and how many has he let in after the first shot, I've lost count now.

jay d

jay d n coke
Nov 16, 2014
brighton
Stockdale contract is 3 years so no premiership football then. Wow, he saved a penalty so now is a world class keeper. He's so shocking it's unreal, he's cost us at least 12 pts. Law of averages says he'll have a good game or two but Jesus, the man is a clown and we paid over £1m for him.

He's best calamity moments are yet to come and someone should tell him the game doesn't start after conceding after their first shot on target and how many has he let in after the first shot, I've lost count now.

He also made a massive clanger today, instead of catching a long shot, he punches it strait to a bham player in the centre of the box.
Luckily there player shot high and over cos should of scoref

Juror#13

Banned
Jan 14, 2015
He also made a massive clanger today, instead of catching a long shot, he punches it strait to a bham player in the centre of the box.
Luckily there player shot high and over cos should of scoref

And not forgetting the saves whereas he pushes the shots back out instead of pushing them out for a corner. We could be here all night discussing his faults instead of his strengths as he has none. What worry's me is Houghton comments when he said that he wouldn't ever drop Stockdale and that is scary.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports