Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stockdale

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
It was at least partially, his fault, if you are looking to apportion blame. Dunk challenged for it, no more than 6 yards from the goal line, and the keeper was nowhere. Not that we need take your opinion too seriously, if you think it came from a corner.

My mistake , yes it was a free kick a yard away from the corner flag , there were lots of players in the six yard box making it difficult for the keeper , also it was a very good free kick hit with a lot of power , unlike the free kick which led to Forest first goal

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I genuinely think Stockdale is a very good keeper, the first goal Saturday was clearly an error on his part though, however I do believe that ball should have been won by either Dunk or Greer, it's why I would like Halford in for Geeer and Hughes in at right back for Bruno to give us a lot more on set pieces defending and attacking.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Can't wait to see Ince, kayal and Stephens as our central 3, 3 proper men in there that all do hard work and have ability to go with it.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
We may have to disagree re the third, however excellent point re Kuipers, he possibly would have saved it, as perhaps in the 40 years I've watched I'm not sure we've had a better keeper on his line.

Perfectly happy to do so, I'm frequently overly critical of our goalkeepers because of Kuipers! I'm of a generation for whom Kuipers was our first proper goalkeeper, we'd struggled along through Nicky Rust, Mark Ormerod and Mark Walton and then along comes Kuipers with his dire debut and odd background. Cartwright gets injured, Kuipers steps in and boom - he never looked back. Ben Roberts was better than him, but nobody else was until age caught up with him.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Perfectly happy to do so, I'm frequently overly critical of our goalkeepers because of Kuipers! I'm of a generation for whom Kuipers was our first proper goalkeeper, we'd struggled along through Nicky Rust, Mark Ormerod and Mark Walton and then along comes Kuipers with his dire debut and odd background. Cartwright gets injured, Kuipers steps in and boom - he never looked back. Ben Roberts was better than him, but nobody else was until age caught up with him.

Ben Roberts was good. Personally I liked Mark Beeney for all round ability. Peter Grummit was dominant in the box and a good all round keeper and of course another great shot stopper was Perry Digweed. Was never that bothered about Moseley and Eric Steele, though of course Mose did produce 2 brilliant saves in the cup semi-final.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
Just watched the highlights again. 1st goal was 100% savable by any keeper on his line. 2nd was a complete lottery. Smash the ball through 20 legs and you are very lucky that it gets to the goal. Not savable unless you are just as lucky as the shooter. 3rd not his fault but the defence.

This is simply the truth !!!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
My favourite was Eric Gill but still think Kuszczak at his best was probably our best. Grummitt and Corrigan were on the way down as their careers were nearing the end.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
No he was not ,it was a good corner lots of people in the box , no way was it the keepers fault
If it was Stockdale it would have been judged "awful" - standard ball crossed to the middle of the six yard box, keeper flapped and missed completely...

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Can't wait to see Ince, kayal and Stephens as our central 3, 3 proper men in there that all do hard work and have ability to go with it.
As per the start of the 'Cardiff team' thread.
Having waited 4 seasons for proper delivery from dead balls why kick Holla out at the first available opportunity?
All the more reason not to if he's acting as Ince's 'safety blanket'.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Two saves to get us a point today, surely that cannot be right, my ears must have deceived me - I guess the whiners will blame him for not scoring tonight

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Two saves to get us a point today, surely that cannot be right, my ears must have deceived me - I guess the whiners will blame him for not scoring tonight
No I think you'll find they were regulation saves that every keeper would make.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Whenever stockdale plays well the whiners always say regulation saves blah blah blah. Just give the man a bit of credit for playing well and 2 clean sheets away from home, is it really that hard to say well done

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here