Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stockdale Injured?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
hope so.

Would like him to get the shirt and keep it.

DS had a good season but still costs us too many points for what a top keeper in our div should. Discussed before so no need go there again.

All the time people keep spouting this kind of drivel, we DO need to 'go there again'.

Stockdale had a great season and was rightly in the running for PotS. People can yearn for the perfect keeper, who never makes a single mistake, all they like, but he doesn't exist.

By the criteria you haters like to 'judge' Stockdale by, Lloris 'got beaten at the near post' last night, and then 'failed to come for a cross'. Buffon got 'beaten at his near post' by Ozil on Saturday...

Basically they are ALL liabilities, by those stupidly impossible standards.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
All the time people keep spouting this kind of drivel, we DO need to 'go there again'.

Stockdale had a great season and was rightly in the running for PotS. People can yearn for the perfect keeper, who never makes a single mistake, all they like, but he doesn't exist.

By the criteria you haters like to 'judge' Stockdale by, Lloris 'got beaten at the near post' last night, and then 'failed to come for a cross'. Buffon got 'beaten at his near post' by Ozil on Saturday...

Not even a hater.

Wasn't a fan at all but last year he did well.

No where near as extreme as the knockers on here so not going there

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Judging by the photo's on the official site from training in Tenerife, it appears that Robert Sanchez has gone on the tour as the second goalkeeper along with Maenpaa

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;7498228 said:
But Christian Walton will be training with Luton, hence the Sanchez photos. He'll be third choice back up this season.

No, we have Casper Ankergren for third choice. Walton has gone on a season long loan.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
hope so.

Would like him to get the shirt and keep it.

DS had a good season but still costs us too many points for what a top keeper in our div should. Discussed before so no need go there again.

Hopefully he will be fit but doesn't mean disaster if not.

So how was your last year at work then, perfect I assume.

Still let's ignore the points he WON us

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Dallison and Hunt have a good chance of staying with the first team squad at least until we sign defensive cover so possibly until the end of August. If they grasp the opportunity and maybe get a smidgeon of good luck in that time, who knows?
If we are waiting for Ridgewell as flexible cover he may well not be available until January.
I can't see Sanchez being there beyond (hopefully) the first pre-season games when Stockdale should be back?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset

Agree with all of that. If Stockdale's return is delayed for any reason I won't worry about starting Maenpaa. He's a good shot stopper although from memory before he came to us seemed prone to the odd silly mistake. As long as there aren't too many though you'd have to say, what keeper isn't? Stockdale made less last year than the season before. He is our number one when fit but I won't press the panic button if Maenpaa plays and Ankergren is on the bench.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
If there had been another injury then Stockdale would have probably been in the England squad.

I think he should have been anyway. Give me a valid argument on how he would have done worse than Joe "schoolboy positioning" Hart?

Anyone?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
If there had been another injury then Stockdale would have probably been in the England squad.

I think he should have been anyway. Give me a valid argument on how he would have done worse than Joe "schoolboy positioning" Hart?

Anyone?

You are probably right, but personally Forster is a lot better than all of them and should probably have played

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here