Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stockdale Injured?

Smirko

Aug 19, 2011
Brighton
Was carrying an injury around 6 weeks before end of season, club kept it quiet until end of season then he had his Op. Was wearing protective boot etc. Said he would be ok for new season.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Well we have good cover with Maenpaa

hope so.

Would like him to get the shirt and keep it.

DS had a good season but still costs us too many points for what a top keeper in our div should. Discussed before so no need go there again.

Hopefully he will be fit but doesn't mean disaster if not.

Razzoo

Sep 11, 2011
N. Yorkshire
hope so.

DS had a good season but still costs us too many points for what a top keeper in our div should. Discussed before so no need go there again.

:wozza:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
We all think and hope but as yet not tested.

Don't you watch cup games?

hope so.

Exactly which games did he cost us points? Name one.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Do you know the standard of Finlands keepers, they may well be poor and him the best , I dont know.

I'd imagine the coaching staff who have been training him for a year will have a good idea.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Do you know the standard of Finlands keepers, they may well be poor and him the best , I dont know.

Fair shout.

I used to watch Bromley a lot and at one stage we had 'former Moroccan number 1' Chuck Martini.

Marvelous scenes at a few matches, one sticks in the mind. chuck came up to take a free kick by half way and spannered it too far, cue loads of abuse from the fans apart from one guy just constantly shouting 'Don't listen Chuck! International number one son, international number 1'

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Reading Away.

Stockdale like all keepers can make mistakes, big loss if not fit though.

I'll grant you Reading away, but from Napper's post it sounded like at least three games, if not more, were solely down to Stockdale's mistakes, which is ludicrous.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I'll grant you Reading away, but from Napper's post it sounded like at least three games, if not more, were solely down to Stockdale's mistakes, which is ludicrous.

I agree. I was being a bit picky - sorry. Probably should have saved the first at Sheff Wed as well, but all of this needs to be weighed up with the ones he saved. Some of which looked unsaveable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I agree. I was being a bit picky - sorry. Probably should have saved the first at Sheff Wed as well, but all of this needs to be weighed up with the ones he saved. Some of which looked unsaveable.

He was unsighted at Hillsbrough by a Wednesday player.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
He was unsighted at Hillsbrough by a Wednesday player.

Very generous considering he conceded the same goal again in the next game against the same opposition and player.

I'm not having a go at Stockdale though, he's clearly our first choice and he's more than sufficient at this level, he made some saves last season at crucial times to keep us in games - Charlton nearly went 3-0 up at the Amex for example. His value was greatly exaggerated last season but he saved us more points than he cost which is all you can really ask. We have no goalkeeping concerns, and with Ankergren as third choice I think we're pretty nicely set.

Maccers

Apr 16, 2015
He mentioned to us at the Camping On The Pitch (late-May) that he had ruptured/agitated a nerve in his ankle (or foot I can't remember). He was hobbling on the day with a bandage round it, but had full weight bearing & wasn't using crutches or anything.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here