Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Still sneaking under Sky Sports News radar, good thing or insulting?

Thoughts?

• Piss take!

Votes: 16 17.6%
  • Long may it continue

Votes: 75 82.4%

• Total voters

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Given that our last 2 matches have been live on Sky, 3 further games in December are on the telly, presumably because we're er, in the running for promotion, this idea that we're "under the radar" on Sky at least is a load of old nonsense.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
We hardly ever get a mention no matter how we are going, couldn't care less

Normski1989

Apr 15, 2015
Hove
In 2016 - we'd have been live or scheduled to be on Sky 13 times in the calendar year. 13 times...!.

That's true. But even when we're on Sky, they always talk about the other team with more respect, as if they hold them in higher regard. I'm expecting it to be no different when we play Leeds soon, even though they haven't done anything for years.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Long may it continue. It does seem weird that Sky are more than happy to interrupt our season by broadcasting us every other week yet still seem to feel that we are plucky contenders.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Given that our last 2 matches have been live on Sky, 3 further games in December are on the telly, presumably because we're er, in the running for promotion, this idea that we're "under the radar" on Sky at least is a load of old nonsense.

That's because we are playing BIG clubs who are expected to be in the mix, rather than because Brighton are a draw, obviously :wink:

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
That's true. But even when we're on Sky, they always talk about the other team with more respect, as if they hold them in higher regard. I'm expecting it to be no different when we play Leeds soon, even though they haven't done anything for years.
Did you watch the Bristol match (on sky, not there!). They couldn't praise us highly enough, it was a Brighton love in.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Cobblers. That certainly wasn't the case last season when we yanked down Leeds's trollies, bent them over a barrel and royally SMASHED them up the chocolate starfish inside half an hour. Even though we declared at half time, they were raving about us during the game and in the studio (I was a bad fan that night and watched it from a barstool).

Hughton is always spoken about in reverent terms on Sky, and the punditry whenever I've heard it is nearly always very positive about us. Why wouldn't it be ? That waffling buffoon Holloway almost gets a semi on half the time when he discusses us. Nope, I think some folk are getting a bit needy. I know I'm watching the best Albion team in generations, I don't feel the need for little pats on the head from Sky or the media in general to affirm that. We were Sky's BEST box office team outside of the PL last season - they know we're brilliant, that's why we're always on.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Cobblers. That certainly wasn't the case last season when we yanked down Leeds's trollies, bent them over a barrel and royally SMASHED them up the chocolate starfish inside half an hour. Even though we declared at half time, they were raving about us during the game and in the studio (I was a bad fan that night and watched it from a barstool).

Hughton is always spoken about in reverent terms on Sky, and the punditry whenever I've heard it is nearly always very positive about us. Why wouldn't it be ? That waffling buffoon Holloway almost gets a semi on half the time when he discusses us. Nope, I think some folk are getting a bit needy. I know I'm watching the best Albion team in generations, I don't feel the need for little pats on the head from Sky or the media in general to affirm that. We were Sky's BEST box office team outside of the PL last season - they know we're brilliant, that's why we're always on.

This,100%

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012

As Easy 10 says. We're on the telly the whole time and they praise the team and the manager. Sky's pundits go on about us especially Holloway before he jumped ship to save QPR. They make montages that show off our rather fine players and our brilliant goals. Lua Lua is in their bloody advert.
This whole we're hard done by , by Sky is a load of old guff.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
We get SSN here on the ship, & it's on constantly in my office. As others have said, our lack of coverage is astonishing. They absolutely love Newcastle, Villa, Leeds, Norwich (now & again), even Reading, Sheff Weds & Huddersfield get mentioned before a quick "Brighton remain in 2nd place" towards the end of any Championship round up.
It would be so good to upset the love in & stick it up 'em. Today they were talking about how many points Newcastle would win it by! As a former Toon manager once said, "I would love it if we beat them!"

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
My views are we have 29 games to go and folks are getting carried away.

Whilst I totally agree with you. The discussion was about promotion as of today. We're 2nd 4 points of clear of 3rd and we get no mention but to be fair neither did Hudds or Brum. Reading only seemed to be getting a mention because they are on a good run and they have a high profile manager (albeit high profile as a player not a manager). Reading are a ****ing noddy club with noddy support in a noddy ground and their only contribution to the premier league is making Cech wear that daft hat every week. The other 4 sides I get. Newcastle should win the league at a canter. Norwich are a big club who are having a shit spell after a good start. Leeds are a big club who are having a good spell after a bad start. Villa are a car crash which at the moment they are hopeful of finding some survivors.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
OK, but to my mind better that we are not completely in the focus of the media and EVEN BETTER that we, as supporters are not bigging it up big time !

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
It's not just sky though, five live are pretty bad too. "After Newcastle, Norwich in the chasing pack were dealt a blow by getting beaten 5. 0" something like that anyway.

SussexSeahawk

Jun 2, 2016
Football Weekly a few weeks ago (I think just before the Norwich game) said something like: Newcastle in the lead with Norwich, Sheffield Wednesday and Huddersfield not too far behind.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
the media see us as bottlers , and the facts suggest they are correct , thing is , this season we will pop that champagne bottle cork in may and they can all do one .

I don't think they do / we are bottlers as such. They are just obsessed with everything prem league and only seem to bang on about sides that have prem history. There have been some very nice pieces about us on the other side of the fence and football on 5 always talk about us very highly as do most pundits in there.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
We get loads of coverage and to be frank I don't care if we get loads or not as it means jack shite....Sky are premiership obsessed and ex prem players and managers normally get creamed over.
We're a big gun in this league regardless of the parachute money and over paid ex prem players etc that many have :)

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
It's highly insulting. Missed out by 1 goal last season and clear in second place this season. Play-offs in 3 of the last 4 seasons. They should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves, especially with Sidwell in the studio. Amateur wankers.

Palace twats in the editorial team at Murdoch Sports.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I think we get too much at the moment. I don't want it now - I want it at the end of May.

We are highly regarded now and rightly
so but I don't want that to feed to the players and have them becoming complacent. I want us to be confident but not complacent. I want us to be aggressive but not arrogant and finally I want us to be respectful of our opposition and also be respected by them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here