Still No News from the Amex.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
If the club were to release a statement that said 'the investigation is still ongoing' would that be enough for those that want to be kept in the know, or would you want more? If it was enough, how is it different to the current situation? You'd be just as informed then as you are now.

Personally, I think it's a matter of trust. I'm happy not knowing anything as I trust that whatever the outcome is, it'll be the best solution for the future. I do hope that if it turns out that Gus wasn't as in the wrong as has been assumed then that would also get said. Despite the apparent short memories of some fans he's been very good for us and I'd hate to see his career damaged by something daft (if it was).

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
News isn't just confined to the Gus, Tanno & Charlie situation although I feel some form of an update is needed. It would also be good to know how things are progressing on the contract front and whether the club are active in arranging any pre-season friendlies or whether all that is on hold as well. At the moment it feels like the whole club is suspended not just Gus, Tanno & Charlie.

You just dont get it, there is a PRIVATE investigation going on into what breach of contract has occured. If the club go and then tell the media whats going on, then Gus, Charlie and Tanno have grounds to take the club to court.

Oh and some friendlies should be announced this week, just the local club ones though.

You can certainly tell who are the ones who trust Tony during this time, as they arent the ones whining.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
News isn't just confined to the Gus, Tanno & Charlie situation although I feel some form of an update is needed. It would also be good to know how things are progressing on the contract front and whether the club are active in arranging any pre-season friendlies or whether all that is on hold as well. At the moment it feels like the whole club is suspended not just Gus, Tanno & Charlie.

What sort of update? They are suspended nothing more to add until something is decided one way or the other
On the contract front, we offered contracts to David and El-Abd and are awaiting their response. Nothing else to say really is there.
Friendlies will be announced in due course, the season only (officially) ended yesterday give them a chance.

I don't get what some people want regarding news/statements. When there is something to say they will say it

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
You can certainly tell who are the ones who trust Tony during this time, as they arent the ones whining.

And those of us who remember what has happened before take a slightly less "blind faith" approach to what is going on. It's taking far too long for the club to deal with ( the recent court case took less time ! ) and the silence should be setting off alarm bells. History often repeats itself you know.

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
I think the issue seems to be that as we are hearing nothing then many people think that nothing is happening about things like friendlies etc. The club could issue a statement to say that the preparation for the new season is still underay and on track and friendlies will be announced in about x days time etc.

At least that would stop people from thinking we are going to pitch up on day one of the new season having had no preparation at all or several weeks behind where we need to be

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
You just dont get it, there is a PRIVATE investigation going on into what breach of contract has occured. If the club go and then tell the media whats going on, then Gus, Charlie and Tanno have grounds to take the club to court.

Oh and some friendlies should be announced this week, just the local club ones though.

For somebody who's trying to claim your not worried about the situation you seem to have a hell of a lot to say about it. And Yes I do understand what a private investigation is but I also understand that the club can still release certain information about the footballing side of things without being sued.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
A further statement at this time is only going to lead to more questions, i imagine a lot is going on behind closed doors in a manageable fashion.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
For somebody who's trying to claim your not worried about the situation you seem to have a hell of a lot to say about it. And Yes I do understand what a private investigation is but I also understand that the club can still release certain information about the footballing side of things without being sued.

Im not worried, im just replying to what your posting. Its a forum, thats what happens.

And its now the end of season, now as i recall that isnt the most frequent of times to get news to do with football. Lots of club staff are now on holiday too.

A further statement at this time is only going to lead to more questions, i imagine a lot is going on behind closed doors in a manageable fashion.

Exactly. The same people moaning now would moan that they arent being told enough if the club put a statement out saying "Investigations are Ongoing". The club is never going to win. Id rather we did it all private unlike how Wolves and Blackburn conduct themselves when EVERYTHING is done in public.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I'm not interested in the fact there is no news, but a few reassuring words from Uncle Tony wouldn't go amiss.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
And those of us who remember what has happened before take a slightly less "blind faith" approach to what is going on. It's taking far too long for the club to deal with ( the recent court case took less time ! ) and the silence should be setting off alarm bells. History often repeats itself you know.

£ 56.00
£ 140, 000,000

That is without doubt quite an insulting post towards Tony Bloom. If you are hearing alarm bells going off because of your ridiculous comparison then you need to get your ears checked.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
What sort of update? They are suspended nothing more to add until something is decided one way or the other
On the contract front, we offered contracts to David and El-Abd and are awaiting their response. Nothing else to say really is there.
Friendlies will be announced in due course, the season only (officially) ended yesterday give them a chance.

I don't get what some people want regarding news/statements. When there is something to say they will say it

If your happy with the situation then fair enough it's your choice at least your not being rude about it, From my point of view the longer this drags on and the longer people hear nothing from the club the more people are going to become concerned and the more of a negative affect it could have on next season.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
If your happy with the situation then fair enough it's your choice at least your not being rude about it, From my point of view the longer this drags on and the longer people hear nothing from the club the more people are going to become concerned and the more of a negative affect it could have on next season.

I'm not happy about it, I think the whole thing is a mess and as a club we could clearly have done without it, but from a legal point of view I see the problem the club has. I would love a statement saying all is rosy and going to plan but can see why they are unable to do that. The sooner it is sorted the better but I fail to see how a statement that in reality will say nothing we don't already know will change matters.
Other footballing matters (contracts, friendlies etc) will be announced in due course, if the whole Poyet situation hadn't arisen would people be demanding to know when the Burgess Hill or Worthing friendly is going to be played?

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
I'm not happy about it, I think the whole thing is a mess and as a club we could clearly have done without it, but from a legal point of view I see the problem the club has. I would love a statement saying all is rosy and going to plan but can see why they are unable to do that. The sooner it is sorted the better but I fail to see how a statement that in reality will say nothing we don't already know will change matters.
Other footballing matters (contracts, friendlies etc) will be announced in due course, if the whole Poyet situation hadn't arisen would people be demanding to know when the Burgess Hill or Worthing friendly is going to be played?

Just ignore then like what I'm doing now, they are just in a doom and gloom world of their own and they sound like a broken record. They cant get their head around the fact that businesses need to follow employment law and they cant do what they like.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

No, people would be moaning that they don't know whether the pre-season tour was in Portugal or Spain this year.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I'm not interested in the fact there is no news, but a few reassuring words from Uncle Tony wouldn't go amiss.

I'm with you on this, Sim. All it would take is a wee statement from TB to sooth my concern. I don't think that's too much to ask - given the circumstances. :shrug:

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Another good reason not to release a "nothing is decided yet" letter is that this will generate further [adverse] publicity at a time when those involved need to get their heads down and find a solution.

My personal speculation ("no facts here, move along!") is that we won't hear anything at all until Gus's exit is a signed deal (with/without compensation) - I really can't see a way back from what's been in the press even if not all is true. Once that is out of the way the floodgates will open on the other news... AEA, Spanish Dave, Matt, Wayne, etc etc. Once new guy has got his seat warm then we'll see the interesting activity on new players/loanees to set up us for the pre-season and beyond.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
£ 56.00
£ 140, 000,000

That is without doubt quite an insulting post towards Tony Bloom. If you are hearing alarm bells going off because of your ridiculous comparison then you need to get your ears checked.

There are plenty of clubs that have had / continue to have very rich owners who have pumped money into them - not always for the right reasons. I'll continue to hold a cynical view and not believe everything the club says or does is correct thank you. When @Henfield One starts to worry, as he has, then I'd suggest things might not be as rosey as some people think.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
No news is bad news!

Until the current situation is resolved the club remains in a form of limbo.

Yes the new season may not have started but that doesn't mean that there isn't a lot of pre-season planning that needs to be carried out which is normally in the remit of the manager and which will affect our future performance as a team.

The fans do have an investment in that performance both emotionally and financially.

Why do you assume this is not being done? When Gus refused to speak to players about their contracts, people stepped in to make sure they were spoken with. I'm assuming that the same is being done with scouting, pre-season friendlies etc. The biggest issue caused by not knowing who the manager will be at the start of the season I would think is negotiating with target players. They will want to know who they will be playing for.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports