Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Still No News from the Amex.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
No but you can issue occasional press releases to keep fans updated without going into legal details, The stone cold silence from the club is doing very little to reassure fans concerns.

Saying what? There is not a lot the club can say at the moment. There is a process that they have to follow like every other employer in the land.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
In all probability, what is "going on" is stuff that we would get into trouble for if it was publically known.

If sackings are likely to happen, then we can't pre-empt the disciplinary hearing (or even the appeal) by telling the local press. This is the real World of Employment Law, and not a Blackadder sketch where Melchett can done the black hat before hearing the evidence of the Flanders Pigeon Murderer.

Likewise, there is no way the club would be sitting on their hands regarding the replacement, if that is where it's heading towards. They would have a shortlist of candidates, maybe even interviewing them on the quiet, which could even include identifying transfer targets. But again, NONE of that would be appropriate to have in the press.

TB does NOT have to talk us through his diary on a daily basis. All we have to do is trust him. Personally, I have 100% faith in the man.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
au contraire.....the club is a business and I pay monthly into that business so as I can watch a match. However, if I don't agree with the person running the business (manager) on my behalf, I would appreciate being told sooner rather than later, what is going on.
Someone in authority should be saying something about what's happening , imo .

So if you do weekly shopping in Sainsburys and they suspend a member of staff in your local store for reasons you aren't 100% clear about - would you expect daily updates on that ? After all, it's a business that you pay money into. This is no different and people are too impatient.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
It's called when you suspend staff members, you have procedures to follow. If the employer doesn't follow them then it means they can be taken to court. The club is simply being careful so it can't be taken to court, like any other business. Wouldn't be surprised if TB had replacements lined-up though to sort it out quickly.

Yes, I'm sure that the club are already thinking about a replacement but, not actually seeking one as this could show bias in the result of the internal investigation. The club have to remain squeaky clean until the decision is made and the legal niceties tied up. It is frustrating but there is nothing that anyone can do from the outside.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
andy naylor on holiday,club waiting for his return ?sure hes sharpning his pencil right now!

I would be very surprised - nay, gobsmacked - if the club were waiting for Mr Naylor to return before it does anything.

If there is nothing to report, there is nothing to report.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
So you expect constant statements saying "There is no change in the clubs position at this time" on a daily basis ? Sometimes no news is good news. Just trust TB in sorting it out and let them get on with it !!

No I, Along with lots of other fans expect some kind of occasional statement from the club to keep us a little bit informed of which direction we as a club are heading in and what we're investing our money in.

The Legend that IS Lawro

It's 'canard' Del
May 8, 2013
Burgess Hill
Personally I have every confidence that significant steps will be being taken with regards to the future even as we speak, although whilst there are outstanding procedural issues to sort out now would not be either a prudent nor possible time for public airing.
Patience will be a virtue in this case no doubt, for the long term good of the club which after all is the paramount goal.

:albion2: :wink:

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
So if you do weekly shopping in Sainsburys and they suspend a member of staff in your local store for reasons you aren't 100% clear about - would you expect daily updates on that ? After all, it's a business that you pay money into. This is no different and people are too impatient.

GP's position is/was somewhat different to a member of staff in a local Sainsbury's store.

If it was a key member of Sainsbury's management team that had been suspended for breaching their contract you can bet your bottom dollar they would have reacted far more quickly and released far more information than BHAFC have because failure to do so would hit their share price hard.

The difference is that with BHAFC there is no publicly quoted share price.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
I do agree that they cannot share certain elements of the investigations, but I am sure they could provide planned timescales for some of this stuff to try and reduce the feelings of frustration among some fans.Something along the lines of:

we intend to complete the internal investigation by....... and the club hope to be able to make an announcement by....... but these dates are subject to change etc....

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

Most fans of BHAFC don't go to Sainsbury's and chant "stand up if you hate Tesco" in the carpark every two weeks.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Why do people assume that no news = bad news? If there's an investigation going on, they can't really go public with the details and if they just said 'investigations are ongoing' then people would complain that it's a non-news story...it's a lose-lose situation to keep the whingers happy.

It'll be sorted when it's sorted.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
No I, Along with lots of other fans expect some kind of occasional statement from the club to keep us a little bit informed of which direction we as a club are heading in and what we're investing our money in.

Again, saying what? I have no idea what people expect the club to say. The first I expect is something along the lines of 'the investigation is finished Gus et al have been sacked/reinstated'.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
Why do people assume that no news = bad news? If there's an investigation going on, they can't really go public with the details and if they just said 'investigations are ongoing' then people would complain that it's a non-news story...it's a lose-lose situation to keep the whingers happy.

It'll be sorted when it's sorted.

No news is bad news!

Until the current situation is resolved the club remains in a form of limbo.

Yes the new season may not have started but that doesn't mean that there isn't a lot of pre-season planning that needs to be carried out which is normally in the remit of the manager and which will affect our future performance as a team.

The fans do have an investment in that performance both emotionally and financially.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
It is unusual for the club to go this long without any news coming out about anything. That was my point.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
No news is bad news!

Until the current situation is resolved the club remains in a form of limbo.

Yes the new season may not have started but that doesn't mean that there isn't a lot of pre-season planning that needs to be carried out which is normally in the remit of the manager and which will affect our future performance as a team.

The fans do have an investment in that performance both emotionally and financially.

this is a very good post

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
Trust bloom 100% to resolve this in the best interests of the club, but like others I am concerned about a protracted saga. I hope we will hear something this week.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Again, saying what? I have no idea what people expect the club to say. The first I expect is something along the lines of 'the investigation is finished Gus et al have been sacked/reinstated'.

News isn't just confined to the Gus, Tanno & Charlie situation although I feel some form of an update is needed. It would also be good to know how things are progressing on the contract front and whether the club are active in arranging any pre-season friendlies or whether all that is on hold as well. At the moment it feels like the whole club is suspended not just Gus, Tanno & Charlie.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here