Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Still need a striker? (merged)

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
On reflection, forget the next loan window - just need to use that for getting a few off the wage bill, and saving as much cash as possible.

A striker in January, though, would be most welcome - if we can generate enough pie profit in the next 4 months.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Well if this is the case then Gus woulda sold him wouldnt he.

Nope. Let me throw some words at you. Squad. Injury. Rotation. Options. Impact. What someone has shown on a post somewhere else is that we now have 2 players for every position. We don't need a target man because, thank f***, we're not going to play good old British hoof ball.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
I beg to differ. He has been playing really well over the last 3 games and his passing has been spot on. He also reads the game very well.

So you would continue to play him and leave the undoubted quality we have just brought in on the bench?

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Nope. Let me throw some words at you. Squad. Injury. Rotation. Options. Impact. What someone has shown on a post somewhere else is that we now have 2 players for every position. We don't need a target man because, thank f***, we're not going to play good old British hoof ball.

I dont think we need a target man either, never did, but Dobbie is a decent aquisition. Reckon his finishing will be superior to what we currently have on offer.

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
Still need a striker!

Blimey lets see how all the new signings progress before jumping the gun.

BearwoodSeagull

Feb 2, 2012
Chalkhouse Green, Oxon

Absolutely.Couldn't have put it any better myself.....
Just thinking how much I now love watching BHAFC playing lovely tippy tippy football.....so much so that when England (yes, England with the multisquillion Pound players in that squad) played against Italy in the last Euros, and Joe Hart had the most possesion and passes because we played shite hoofball, I actually felt sick and longed to be back at The Amex again.

Last edited:

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I think last season, with the players we had, we lacked a tall striker to get the ball forward to. We didn't create chances and struggled to score as a result.

This season our tactics have changed. We are playing more to the strengths of CMS and have brought in better players at the back and in central midfield to allow our attacking players more freedom. Both our full backs are now great options going forward too.

As a result of these changes in personnel and tactics, we have had the most shots in the league after three games. This means that we don't necessarily need a target man, just a striker to put away the chances. Dobbie sounds like that striker according to what I have seen of him and what Swansea fans say. We have also added depth in midfield and will be a real force.

The only position where we lack depth is defence once you go past our two main reserves in Calderon and Dunk but I am sure we will get cover in on loan if there is a problem there.

finlaych

Apr 16, 2011
Brighton, United Kingdom
You don't need height to be a good
Striker, all that matters is if we/he scores goals
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346498471.491721.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346498533.394051.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346498541.701802.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1346498547.793741.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here