Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Still need a striker? (merged)

Seagulls1984

Aug 8, 2011
Steyning
After all of that still think we need a striker,dobbie would be more suited to playing in the Barnes role. Hope for a loan signing

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Knowing Gus, when Dobbie makes his debut, CMS will be on the bench.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I think Hammond signing on loan is a bit odd - surplus to what we need? With all the midfield strength we've got now, can't see Dicker or Harley getting another look in.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
As a serious last post before bed though, having missed out on a target man, we can be expected to play more like Spain / Barca. Hasn't exactly done them any harm and 3 of the 4 players we have brought in are technical with Hammond more blood and guts. I think we'll see some flair-tastic stuff this season.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Would still like a more physical presence up front, but its been a good night. I'm surprised we didn't see more outgoings Harley etc.....

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
As a serious last post before bed though, having missed out on a target man, we can be expected to play more like Spain / Barca. Hasn't exactly done them any harm and 3 of the 4 players we have brought in are technical with Hammond more blood and guts. I think we'll see some flair-tastic stuff this season.

I guess Hammond is back up for Bridcutt and Crofts if they get crocked... Hope Lualua's still in Gus's plans, thought we'd see more of him now that Noone's gone but with the new signings not so sure...

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
I think Hammond signing on loan is a bit odd - surplus to what we need? With all the midfield strength we've got now, can't see Dicker or Harley getting another look in.

You've got feel sorry for Dicker as he has been playing really well.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Kuszczak
Bruno Greer elAbd Bridge
Bridcutt Lopez Hammond
Buckley Barnes Dobbie

subs: Ankergren Calderon Orlandi Vicente LuaLua CMS Agdestein

Where are the DS playing tomorrow? Dunk seems to have travelled with them going by the twitter feeds?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I can see us getting a 'big unit' loan in for a bit of power and presence up front, i also thought we were in the market for a CB so maybe two loans?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here