Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Still keeping the faith with Potter?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
We had better hope that Lamptey and Mac Allister can bring something different as this team do not look like they believe. Maybe pick an 11 and stick with them for a few games. Sheffield United team choice was spot on but the tinkering has to stop now. For me Ali J deserves more game time from the off, but what do I know. I actually laughed when Mooy got MOTM as I thought he was really slow and ponderous today. I’d also give Stephens his place back and play Alzate.

My lowest ebb of the season this afternoon. We should not have lost that game. Time to dig really deep.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
Everyone wanted Potter to be a success but even Stevie Wonder can see for the last 3 months he hasn't got a scooby doo about winning matches or even holding onto winning positions, changes the team every week, changes the tactics every week , nobody has a clue what he is trying to do.

No way would he be able to get a team promoted from the Championship either

A winning position? What’s that? Need to score the first goal to be in a winning position.
Potterball experiment is wearing thin. He’s coming across as a bit clueless.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
The people defending Potter are utterly delusional. The bloke hasn't a clue what he's doing.

3 or 4 changes to starting line up every single game

Players being played in different positions every week

Players going from first 11 to completely out the squad then straight back to the starting 11 then completely out the squad again.

Zero clue what his best team is.

Complete inability to coach the team to keep a clean sheet for months.

Shocking defending leading to goals conceded commonplace.

Gets given an Argentine international that's just been player of the tournament in U23 Olympic qualifying that we actually PAY to prize away from a happy loan at his dream boyhood club and then refuses to even put him on the bench.

Fails to lead the team to victory against Villa, Bournemouth, Watford, West Ham, and Palace in our most crucial phase of the whole season.

Failure to win in two months in 2020, literally the worst form in all four divisions.

Transition to full on Hyppia mode is now complete. Almost impossible to see where the next win is coming from, I'll be astounded if we stay up.

Last edited:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
He’s lost the players. The ones he never picks. Their balls must be missing from the velvet bag

:smile:

Easy to imagine this.

“The first ball out is number 18, that’s number 18, Aaron Mooy. Now for the next, it’s number 11, that’s number 11, Leondro Trossard”.

With Alzate’s and Bernardo’s remain hidden in GP’s desk drawer”.

Last edited:

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Clearly things are bad, and it seems like GP is struggling to keep a lot of you guys on board.

But.

The way I see it though, GP is responsible for the team and the tacticsm, and the frustrating reality is that we play well almost every week, and very well most weeks.

Today was a case in point. If it was boxing and judged on points we win hands down. We created more, we kept the ball more, we were the better side.

The one thing GP cannot do is finish a chance, he can't put the ball in the net, that is up to the players.

Maybe recruitment is an issue, maybe there are other factors around the mentality of the players, but the reality is that everything GP can be held directly responsible for is working.

I was as unhappy with today as anyone else, but not really unhappy with the performance overall. It was individual mistakes and failures on the pitch which cost us, and have been costing us. I can't honestly hold GP entirely responsible for that.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Why wasn't Hughton backed properly? They gave Potter a 6 year contract for what reason?

Oh do **** off you tedious troll. Anyone who was a Brighton fan would know Hughton’s contract was extended or improved every time he succeeded with a target. We broke our transfer record over and over again. It just turns out that we brought in poor quality players (or perhaps those commensurate with our budget) and then undermined him by bringing in Ashworth

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

elwheelio

Amateur Sleuth
Jan 24, 2006
Brighton
This is a total myth. If you defend like garbage week in week out you are not playing well.

I couldn't agree more. We're not playing well. A team playing well is effective, durable and (often) exciting. We are none of these.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
3 or 4 changes to starting line up every single game

Players being played in different positions every week

Players going from first 11 to completely out the squad then straight back to the starting 11 then completely out the squad again.

Zero clue what his best team is.

This is where I’m at, although The zero clue about the best team is interesting, I think he over thinks it. The players don’t seem to know whose making the runs where at times.

Desperately want him to succeed and hope another summer with the team (and a Mitrovic type striker) will make the difference. Fingers crossed we get some luck and three points soon

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here