[Albion] Still keeping the faith with Potter?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
When was our last clean sheet? If you concede every game you have to score two to win, and we aren't winning.

Totally agree. However today, the goal should have been at best a consolation given the chances we had.

Everyone wanted to ditch Hughton’s defensive pragmatism last season and be prepared to concede goals by being more attacking. We had 24 shots today, but you have to score. We’ll never know if we would have needed 2 if we’d taken one of our clear chances.:shrug:

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
GP please just pick your best 11 and then barring injuries just stick with them. The constant tinkering is now ruining any continuity within the team..

teammelli

Jul 25, 2018
He changes the team so much that rather than throw off the opposition it makes us confused. Also subs are consistently too late. What are AJ and Alzate supposed to do in 11 minutes??

Biscuit Barrel

Jan 28, 2014
Southwick
Stick with Potter and we will be relegated imo.

TB has got to cut his losses and sack Potter as soon as possible. He then needs to hope who ever he brings in can muster the 3 wins we need to stay in this division.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
The team changes are what get me. What did Bernardo do wrong to justify being dropped as soon as Burn was fit? (Or half-fit). Alzate is at least one of our two best central midfield players but hasn't started there since, er ... can't remember. Right back is a revolving door. One up front, two up front, then one again. Mooy out of position as a holding midfield player against Watford, then swapped around with Gross who is equally uncomfortable there, while Alzate is on the bench. It makes no sense.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The team changes are what get me. What did Bernardo do wrong to justify being dropped as soon as Burn was fit? (Or half-fit). Alzate is at least one of our two best central midfield players but hasn't started there since, er ... can't remember. Right back is a revolving door. One up front, two up front, then one again. Mooy out of position as a holding midfield player against Watford, then swapped around with Gross who is equally uncomfortable there, while Alzate is on the bench. It makes no sense.

Fair points, you’re the journalist, have you posed the questions to GP?

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
The biggest issue is that we were not very good today. Defending was shocking. If Palace were OK (not even good) they would have had 4. We held the ball in our half and midfield (not always with comfort) and then had mostly feeble shots from distance. We rarely cut through them. The stats flattered a poor performance. We had at least 3 simple chances and blew them. So we could have won, and I would have felt good if we had, I feel bad now. But to say we were good is wrong. I worry that Potter may actually think that was OK as a performance.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Absolutely keeping the faith. Thought we were very good today. Better quality/a bit of luck and we'd have had 2 or 3.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

We really weren’t very good today.

Far be it for me to point out we lost to a very average team. If that was very good, heaven knows what you think is awful,

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham

It’s borderline chaos. How on Earth are we supposed to grow as a team when no one is given any time to develop relationships on the pitch or even get time to grow into a specific role.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I’m sorry to say but I’m starting to lose the faith.

Repeatedly failing to win is not an encouraging sign, despite how well we are playing.

I also think he made a critical error in letting Andone go, without replacing him. Signing up a good striker in the last couple of windows should’ve been an utterly essential move.

I’m trying to stay positive but these results are pushing my faith to the limit.

sagaman

Dec 25, 2005
Brighton
Have said for weeks his constant tinkering with team, formation etc is absurd
That couple with hopeless recruitment in last two years

The real pity is we are doing worse than in Chris first year in PL despite squandering tens of millions

The team today missed the guts and spine of key people who have been with us since the Championship like Duffy and Stephens. We are going backwards

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Who ever made the decision not to sign a striker in the summer or winter window is to blame here, not Potter.

Maybe they should have a thread.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

Prettyboyshaw

Feb 20, 2004
Saltdean
Totally out of his depth. Constant changes, same bland excuses and a team that can’t break down some of the poorest defences you could wish to meet.

We are toothless and have been this season the season before but at least we scored occasionally from corners or free kicks. Giant defence corners go low, midfield when they finally shoot scare the seagulls on top of the stand and strickers that are so starved of service they even dive in and block or own shots.

Bloom got him on the cheap and it’s backfired badly.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Who ever made the decision not to sign a striker in the summer or winter window is to blame here, not Potter.

Maybe they should have a thread.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

The restrictive wage structure means any striker any good we get outbid on.

So not their fault.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
The restrictive wage structure means any striker any good we get outbid on.

So not their fault.

So perhaps this is just where we are as a club at the moment.

Maybe we don't need someone to blame?

We just keep on keeping on

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports