For the ridiculous foul at an awful time by Dunk
By the awful cross by Murphy which should have given Wilson an easy goal
For Hemed's miss
For Wilson's lazy (for whatever reason) performance
For 2 crucial injuries
That somehow Stockdale was the only player booked
For Dyches post match comments
That Boro won due to an equally dodgy lino the night before

And yet we played really well against a top team, had one massive decision go our way, are massively ahead if where I thought we'd be at the start of the season and are still in contention for an automatic spot. But my overwhelming feeling is that this combination of factors will have sucked the spirit out of the team and given Burnley the boost to get them over the line. Hope I'm wrong and we give Brum a tonking but I can't see it.

More or less agree, but not on the team spirit thing - going to take more than a late equaliser to upset this lot - 8 games without a win didn't even manage to do that. Got more of a sense that they will come out at Brum seething at the perceived injustice, and give Brum a proper hammering.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Dunk did not foul, he got the ball. Hemed was not sublime, he was impressive but should have scored. Other than roll on Tuesday, we can do this

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
I'm angry, but I'm GLAD I'm angry. Football should be a disproportionate part of my life and for the last 18 months or so I've been a bit "Meh" about all things Albion.

Being totally pissed off with the world this morning means I have my Albion Mojo back, mainly due to Joey Barton fellating Andy Naylor and his smug post match analysis tweets.

The next five games are winnable, especially if we play as we did yesterday.

Kayal was outstanding, Tony K a box of tricks, Hemed sublime.

Throw a sickie, bunk off school, cancel the dentist appointment, miss the funeral (including you [MENTION=288]Harty[/MENTION]) as being at the match is what they would have wanted anyway, and get your arse to St. Andrews on Tuesday.

Let's soccer those Birmingham DINS.

All of this especially the Naylor bit. Not been as annoyed at a game that much since THAT Palace game. Well up for Tuesday. Birmingham are beatable.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
More disappointed than annoyed, only cause,for annoyance was Sidwell substitution. Barton and the rest of Burnley played the ref well. That's life, rugby players do it all the time. We did our share of gamemanship at the MKD pen two weeks ago.

Lets face it: Burnley had 9 corners and if they could have headed straight would have scored 4 or 5. Dyche said in post match that they has spotted we concede from set pieces (even quoting 26% of our goals conceded so had done their homework). The pen at their place also resulted from corner so perhaps we should have learnt? Hughton accepted their physicality and blamed missed chances. That seems right to me.

Of the 6 games up to last week, this was the one that was most important not to lose. Dyche is using kidology (and fair enough for doing so) to say we had to win. Had MKD pen been scored or Wolves not found an equalizer two weeks ago, it would have been a must win. As is, we are still in there, just. Boro have to play Burnley yet as well as us.

Lastly, take solace from fact that the last goal we conceded from open play was at Cardiff, over 6.5 matches ago. The defence has been really good since the comedy show in the first 30 mins at Cardiff.

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
Anyone else woken up still just as annoyed as yesterday for -
At an utterly incompetent ref
At Joey Barton
For the negative substitution
For Hemed's miss
For 2 crucial injuries

And yet we played really well against a top team, had one massive decision go our way, are massively ahead if where I thought we'd be at the start of the season and are still in contention for an automatic spot. But my overwhelming feeling is that this combination of factors will have sucked the spirit out of the team and given Burnley the boost to get them over the line. Hope I'm wrong and we give Brum a tonking but I can't see it.

Yep.

throbinson

Feb 18, 2009
Shropshire
I just feel that we may have blown the chance of auto promotion when we should be right back in it only a point behind Burnley. I don't see us pulling it back now. I agree with quite a few, although not all of the op's points. But yes I am no less pissed off about it this morning than I was at the end of the game, I need to get over it.

7 games and 21 points to play for only 1 point of 2nd not blown a thing. Great performance against a in form Burnley all to play for. Next 2 games are massive

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Burnley have to play Boro - we need one point more than Hull assuming they win their game in hand and then we play Boro - not exactly in our own hands, but plenty of scope for it to turn back our way of we pick up wins in the coming games

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
First time since Euro 96 Semi V Germany I've felt this ****ed off the next day.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
A lot of people thought we would lose yesterday in the manner that we lost against Middlesborough. The fact that we played very well and ended up drawing the top team is a positive. Automatic is still in reach and if not bring on the excitement of the play offs.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I am getting over my irritation.
1. Burnley had a good goal disallowed
2. I don't like their brand of football but do like ours
3. Most of their supporters had to go back home to Burnley - not nice
4. We are still in the mix and I feel there are twists and turns still to come

All of this. We're STILL in contention for automatic promotion. Get happy everyone!

Our angry and determined squad will smash Brum to pieces if we play like we did yesterday. Forest have hung their boots up for the season so we'll have 6 points in the bag when the boys return to the Amex. All to play for!

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Exactly this. My mood is angry, my mojo is thriving the thing is Chris Hughton still keeps his negative head on when he doesn't have to. Perfect tactics for 70mins, crap tactics for 20mins. Will he except it's his mistakes like Adams would have done, more importantly will he adopt these last 20 mins tactics for the rest of the season.

Sometimes those last 20 minute tactics have actually worked and we have picked up lots of points from it. Look at the amount of times we have won by one goal so really those tactics work more often than not.

Yes sometimes it hasn't worked and when it doesn't work that's when he is going to take the flak but those tactics have taken us to 3rd in the table if you were to truly analyse the whole season. You can't cut the guy into bits and pick the parts which tickle your ears. That's his style and for the most part it has worked.

Will he continue that way. I think probably YES

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
No, disappointed a bit but, the anger has gone.
What I am feeling, and I hope the team is too, is that we are a better side than Burnley, and now we need to get the points that prove it.
I will absolutely love it if we push them into the play offs.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
I'd just got over it and now after the cricket I'm back to being bloody furious again. It's the hope that kills you.

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
I'd just got over it and now after the cricket I'm back to being bloody furious again. It's the hope that kills you.

The hope indeed. Never mind, normal Albion service will be resumed when we fail to go up and sell our best assets (Kayal, Goldson et al) to the circling Premiership vultures in the summer.

:thumbsup:

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
Anyone else woken up still just as annoyed as yesterday for -
At an utterly incompetent ref
At Joey Barton
For the negative substitution
For Hemed's miss
For 2 crucial injuries

That's how i felt and still bloody do.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here