Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stiliyan Petrov - and what I'm going to do about it

imissworthing2

Mar 15, 2008
In the Valleys
Here's a picture from earlier. He's starting to walk around using the chair. He also looks reasonably well all considered. :)

AwJ1F3SCQAEVjdz.jpg

Glorious scenes. :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Oh no!! Here comes the tears again

God, I need to man up abit :smile:

Also, I've posted the justgiving link on my FB wall and got afew likes so u never know, might get afew more donations.

Gwm

Oct 25, 2011
Hi Jim

I did a Good deed this week for someone and they text me this message "we would like to make a donation to a charity of your choice to repay your kindness, can you let me know which one ? "

I have sent them your just giving page and they will add something to the pot.

Hope the little fella is still improving day by day.

G

Big Jim

Big Jim
Feb 19, 2007
Hi Jim

I did a Good deed this week for someone and they text me this message "we would like to make a donation to a charity of your choice to repay your kindness, can you let me know which one ? "

I have sent them your just giving page and they will add something to the pot.

Hope the little fella is still improving day by day.

G

Brilliant, that is so very kind. I really appreciate your support - it helps take the edge of things. :)

Big Jim

Big Jim
Feb 19, 2007
Just an update on William.
He had another check up yesterday at the Marsden and they've upped his steroids a little bit. He definately has low level Graft Verses Host Disease (a nasty itchy rash), but this is good as hopefully it's a sign that he is also experiencing Graft Verses Leukaemia affect (or tumour in the USA).

We just need to keep an eye on things and hope he doesn't get Viral or too bad GVHD.

Big Jim

Big Jim
Feb 19, 2007
Just an update on William. He's still fever free and his rash is slightly improved, so not much has changed. However his Hickman line hasn;t bleed back for the past few days, so this is a worry as it's not possible to check his blood counts and various levels., We're hoping it'll be ok on monday as it looks like a problem with his positioning rather than a block, but I suppose worst case is he'll need it replaced. The Hickman line is the one you can't see and gains access to his blood via his chest.

Training is going ok. managed 41 miles on Thursday which for me is good. Body felt ok, but a bit headachy after. Any hints on how to avoid dehydration? I mean obviously drink, but drink what and how ofter? What sort of foods I should eat?

Here's a picture from earlier today.

AxMBOwCCIAAsnq2.jpg

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
Just an update on William. He's still fever free and his rash is slightly improved, so not much has changed. However his Hickman line hasn;t bleed back for the past few days, so this is a worry as it's not possible to check his blood counts and various levels., We're hoping it'll be ok on monday as it looks like a problem with his positioning rather than a block, but I suppose worst case is he'll need it replaced. The Hickman line is the one you can't see and gains access to his blood via his chest.

Training is going ok. managed 41 miles on Thursday which for me is good. Body felt ok, but a bit headachy after. Any hints on how to avoid dehydration? I mean obviously drink, but drink what and how ofter? What sort of foods I should eat?

Here's a picture from earlier today.

AxMBOwCCIAAsnq2.jpg

Hey Jim, thanks for the update. Hope all went well today.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Drink an isotonic drink. I used to get headaches after long runs, couldn't work out why because I thought I was drinking plenty of water afterwards.

Turns out it was to do with salt levels. You sweat out lots of salt, then when you drink plain water, it dilutes your salt levels down even further, which causes the headaches. Drink something like Lucozade Sport (or Tesco's own stuff, about a third of the price!) & that should do the trick
:thumbsup:

Big Jim

Big Jim
Feb 19, 2007
Drink an isotonic drink. I used to get headaches after long runs, couldn't work out why because I thought I was drinking plenty of water afterwards.

Turns out it was to do with salt levels. You sweat out lots of salt, then when you drink plain water, it dilutes your salt levels down even further, which causes the headaches. Drink something like Lucozade Sport (or Tesco's own stuff, about a third of the price!) & that should do the trick
:thumbsup:
Thanks. Bought loads of stuff from Amazon the other day so will try that.

:)

William's still doing ok. No change really to his condition. Still crossing fingers

Last edited:

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
Thanks. Bought loads of stuff from Amazon the other day so will try that.

:)

William's still doing ok. No change really to his condition. Still crossing fingers

About time we had an update Jim?

Big Jim

Big Jim
Feb 19, 2007
opps sorry. was away last week, and under the weather on my return, so been a bit slack :S.

All is still fine with William health wise. His Hickman line (in his chest) decided to stop bleeding back a few weeks back, which is a pain. So they (The Marsden) put him in for it to be removed last Tuesday and a "Port" to be inserted instead. Unfortunately he had a bit of a coldy type thing going on + had a spike of a fever on the Monday when he arrived, but improved over night and was ok on the day of the op. So, he was literally gowned up and at the point of going in when the consultant anaesthetist pulled the plug. So that was that. I think it was also because he still had some other virus’s showing up on the MPA swab which he’d been carrying for months and months, though funnily enough the MPA swab he had the day of the operation showed he was now clear of them (but the results take a few days to come through if that makes sense).

Funnily he’s been better since last Tuesday, though obviously they still can’t get blood out of him. Currently they’re going to try Brighton I think to see if they can slot him in. Because we’re just west of the east Sussex border, we come under Worthing and they can’t really perform this kind of operation.

So really in summary, his rash is better, though he picked up a new cold type thing from his sister, he seems to have coped ok. He’s still coldy, but not worryingly so. Really we’re just treading water and hoping that 1, he doesn’t pick up anything nasty which he can’t fight. 2, His Graft verses host disease starts to calm down and the rash starts to improve (which it seems to be). 3, Most importantly I think that the Leukaemia doesn’t come back.

My Twitter is currently playing me up, so waiting for that to come up again and i’ll post a picture so you can see the difference in him.
I managed 53 miles on my bike on Sunday, but had a bit of knee pain near the end which isn’t good.
Just got to try and keep it up I suppose. drunk loads of isotonic drinks and the headaches weren't quite so bad. Just need to lose more of the belly now really :)

Last edited:

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Thinking about you and your family, stay strong!

lost in london

Dec 10, 2003
London
All the very best, I really don't know how you are managing to cope with it all, it must be heartbreaking to see your little one suffer.

Changing tack wildly - on the hydration point try these: Wiggle | High5 Zero Drink Energy Recovery Drink

And for your sore knee, have a look at your saddle height, I have found that moving the saddle up even a fraction can make a difference. Depends on where the pain is obviously, but that has worked for me. Once you have the right saddle height score a little line on the tube so you know where to put it back to if you ever have to take the saddle off.

Big Jim

Big Jim
Feb 19, 2007
All the very best, I really don't know how you are managing to cope with it all, it must be heartbreaking to see your little one suffer.

Changing tack wildly - on the hydration point try these: Wiggle | High5 Zero Drink Energy Recovery Drink

And for your sore knee, have a look at your saddle height, I have found that moving the saddle up even a fraction can make a difference. Depends on where the pain is obviously, but that has worked for me. Once you have the right saddle height score a little line on the tube so you know where to put it back to if you ever have to take the saddle off.

Will try both suggestions - thanks for that :)

I used to struggle with knee pain 3 or 4 years ago, and it put me off playing footy. Then I thought sod it I'll give it a go and that seemed to sort it out. weird. perhaps I helped build them up a bit. knee pain is my worst nightmare really, as it can linger for ages.

feels pretty good today, so hoping it's not gonna be an issue. but will try the saddle height for sure.

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
opps sorry. was away last week, and under the weather on my return, so been a bit slack :S.

All is still fine with William health wise. His Hickman line (in his chest) decided to stop bleeding back a few weeks back, which is a pain. So they (The Marsden) put him in for it to be removed last Tuesday and a "Port" to be inserted instead. Unfortunately he had a bit of a coldy type thing going on + had a spike of a fever on the Monday when he arrived, but improved over night and was ok on the day of the op. So, he was literally gowned up and at the point of going in when the consultant anaesthetist pulled the plug. So that was that. I think it was also because he still had some other virus’s showing up on the MPA swab which he’d been carrying for months and months, though funnily enough the MPA swab he had the day of the operation showed he was now clear of them (but the results take a few days to come through if that makes sense).

Funnily he’s been better since last Tuesday, though obviously they still can’t get blood out of him. Currently they’re going to try Brighton I think to see if they can slot him in. Because we’re just west of the east Sussex border, we come under Worthing and they can’t really perform this kind of operation.

So really in summary, his rash is better, though he picked up a new cold type thing from his sister, he seems to have coped ok. He’s still coldy, but not worryingly so. Really we’re just treading water and hoping that 1, he doesn’t pick up anything nasty which he can’t fight. 2, His Graft verses host disease starts to calm down and the rash starts to improve (which it seems to be). 3, Most importantly I think that the Leukaemia doesn’t come back.

My Twitter is currently playing me up, so waiting for that to come up again and i’ll post a picture so you can see the difference in him.
I managed 53 miles on my bike on Sunday, but had a bit of knee pain near the end which isn’t good.
Just got to try and keep it up I suppose. drunk loads of isotonic drinks and the headaches weren't quite so bad. Just need to lose more of the belly now really :)

Thanks Jim. Please the progress remains positive.

Incidently I am giving blood this Friday as inspired by William.

Big Jim

Big Jim
Feb 19, 2007
Thanks Jim. Please the progress remains positive.

Incidently I am giving blood this Friday as inspired by William.
Excellent. I'm sure the recipient will be very grateful.

As I think I mentioned a while back, William (therefore I) have a massive debt to pay back of blood. Every person who is inspired to give blood eases my burden that little bit. So that's great news on a lovely day :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here