Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stiliyan Petrov - and what I'm going to do about it

Big Jim

Big Jim
Feb 19, 2007
Excellent. Many thanks for your support. I've seen some hearbreaking scenes of children with blood cancers at the Marsden, and know that this money will help find a cure. thanks again.Just seen your running the marathon.best of luck with that.

Richy_Seagull

Oct 7, 2003
Brighton
Excellent. Many thanks for your support. I've seen some hearbreaking scenes of children with blood cancers at the Marsden, and know that this money will help find a cure. thanks again.Just seen your running the marathon.best of luck with that.

And thanks for your donation too.

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
Hi Chaps,
I heard the sad news about Stiliyan Petrov, and this brought home very much my personal situation where my little 3 year old boy has AML (a nasty form of Leukeamia) and is about to have a bone marrow transplant with 50:50 chance of survival.

With this I have decided to do a long bike ride around the island of Zealand in Denmark this Autumn in aid of Leukeamia and Lymphoma Research.

Leukeamia is a horrendous diesease and anything I can do to prevent future generations getting it is worth while imo. I've already had 2 members of my family pass away with blood cancers, so having my little boy with it is pretty horrible.

Please support me if you can: http://www.justgiving.com/williamlyne

cheers
p.s. I hope the mods don't mind me doing this? sorry if it's against the forum rules.

Hopefully it has helped.

Has this thread been highlighted to any one official at the club..

Big Jim

Big Jim
Feb 19, 2007
Wanted to upload a picture of my boy in a Brighton shirt, but just realised I haven't got one. Will do so soon.

Here's a picture of him last year. Brighton shirt on the hospital bed with Brighton teddy.

Attachments

• DSCF0082.JPG
    DSCF0082.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 59

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
Hi Chaps,
I heard the sad news about Stiliyan Petrov, and this brought home very much my personal situation where my little 3 year old boy has AML (a nasty form of Leukeamia) and is about to have a bone marrow transplant with 50:50 chance of survival.

With this I have decided to do a long bike ride around the island of Zealand in Denmark this Autumn in aid of Leukeamia and Lymphoma Research.

Leukeamia is a horrendous diesease and anything I can do to prevent future generations getting it is worth while imo. I've already had 2 members of my family pass away with blood cancers, so having my little boy with it is pretty horrible.

cheers
p.s. I hope the mods don't mind me doing this? sorry if it's against the forum rules.

Chucked it on here as well, you never know. Just got to keep it out there and keep a momentum going.

Brighton v Reading news – Reading Chat - Page 3

ILIKECANDLES

Banned
Sep 1, 2010
Hi Chaps,

cheers

I'm on this.

ILIKECANDLES

Banned
Sep 1, 2010
You certainly are.

You're a top bloke. Extremely generous. You're heart is well and truly in the right place. It'll all help me get through the ride.
:clap2:

My pleasure. I've done the easy bit. You and he are doing the tough stuff. All the best. G

Big Jim

Big Jim
Feb 19, 2007
My pleasure. I've done the easy bit. You and he are doing the tough stuff. All the best. G

Wise words.

I've heard many an athelete/ footballer who've had Cancer say that their biggest challenge by far was the big 'C'. I know exactly what they mean, and we're still fighting stronger and harder than ever (as are all the kids and parents in the Marsden and teenagers and adults). Supporting this charity will make our chances of winning that bit better in the future.

Thanks again. top bloke. :thumbsup:

Gwm

Oct 25, 2011
Thought I would bump this back upto the top.

Also Hope The boys score a few goals tonight as my offer of £5 a goal still stands !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here