Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] STH/1901 seats for European *home* games

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Wonder if the club will dare kick out The Tunnel Club folks in favour of UEFA bigshots so soon after its opening? Funny either way really :lol:

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I mentioned this before somewhere or other, but the club previously mentioned to me that UEFA's requirements for access to seats for fixtures in their competitions means that all STHs and 1901ers may not have access to their own seat for our European home games.

I would guess that they require fewer seats for Europa League than for the Champions League, so maybe it won't be an issue.

I had a quick scan here, but can't see anything: https://documents.uefa.com/r/Regula...pa-League-2022/23/Article-38-Ticketing-Online
I guess it could to be more of a problem for fellas like yourself in the West Stand?, than say the North?

Would imagine more prime E and W seating towards half way lines is where the most will be required?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I would have thought, and maybe I'm completely wrong, that if you are a 1901 member you hold the license to your seat. So effectively it's yours? You'd think that at least 1901ers should be able to sit in their seats.

I believe that isn’t the case. When I read the T&Cs a couple of years ago it said that in the event us us qualifying for European competitions the UEFA could request the entire WSM 1901 shelf, and that we’d be required to sit elsewhere. On top of that they also removed the ‘entry for all men’s first team competitive games’ part and changed it to ‘entry for all men’s first team competitive domestic games’, or words to that effect.

Last edited:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I would have thought, and maybe I'm completely wrong, that if you are a 1901 member you hold the license to your seat. So effectively it's yours? You'd think that at least 1901ers should be able to sit in their seats.
You would, but unlikely to be the case.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I believe that isn’t the case. When I read the T&Cs a couple of years ago it said that in the event us us qualifying for European competitions the UEFA could request the entire WSM 1901 shelf, and that we’d be required to sit elsewhere. On top of that they also removed the ‘entry for all men’s first team competitive games’ part and changed it to ‘entry for all men’s first team competitive domestic games’, or words to that effect.
Yay, I hope they take that and not the WSL :lolol:

Now where is that ladder Jack? :wink:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Ah, but you could move around the ground at will and sample all the delights of the gents bogs around the stadium.
Tincture of ammonia and sadness smells the same from whatever direction your willy is pointing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here