Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] STH/1901 seats for European *home* games

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I mentioned this before somewhere or other, but the club previously mentioned to me that UEFA's requirements for access to seats for fixtures in their competitions means that all STHs and 1901ers may not have access to their own seat for our European home games.

I would guess that they require fewer seats for Europa League than for the Champions League, so maybe it won't be an issue.

I had a quick scan here, but can't see anything: https://documents.uefa.com/r/Regula...pa-League-2022/23/Article-38-Ticketing-Online

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
I mentioned this before somewhere or other, but the club previously mentioned to me that UEFA's requirements for access to seats for fixtures in their competitions means that all STHs and 1901ers may not have access to their own seat for our European home games.

I would guess that they require fewer seats for Europa League than for the Champions League, so maybe it won't be an issue.

I had a quick scan here, but can't see anything: https://documents.uefa.com/r/Regula...pa-League-2022/23/Article-38-Ticketing-Online
They also do odd things about the pitch side adverts, often blocking off the front few rows, etc etc. They won’t succeed in dampening down the good mood and spirit, but they will try their best I’m sure!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Does that mean different seats would be available? I would hope that all season ticket holders would have a seat.
I think so as the away requirement is different (5% v 10%) to Premier League fixtures, so that would give the club an extra 1,500 seats to play with.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
You're right about the screens around the pitch. So they can be seen better they cover the first few rows of seats. Guessing that anyone in those seats will just move back 3 rows. As not all seats are STH it should work out.
Yes to the 5% away fans so that's 1500 but there will be lots of press and family. Again a guess but expect the 'other 5%' would be given to these people.
Not forgetting Gianni Infantino, he'll want a week away in Brighton (at our expence).

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR

Stadium requirements and facilities afaik are downgraded for Europa League compared to CL. Union Berlin have intimated should they qualify for the CL they will probably have to play at the Olympic Stadium whereas EL, they could play at their home stadium in Köpenick which is circa 80% terracing.

Bod

Dec 8, 2015
So, looking at that link visiting clubs are entitled to 200 ‘top category’ tickets which will presumably be 1901 tickets.

At least 20 representatives from the visiting club get complimentary hospitality seats which will probably be in the boardroom.

UEFA representatives also seem to get complimentary hospitality seats but it is not clear how many they are entitled to:oops:

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I think my dad was told he wouldn't be able to get his seats (1901 East) if we got to Europe but he'd be guaranteed to be able to buy equivalent tickets

Krafty

Apr 19, 2023
Do we know which sets of fans will be able to attend Europa League matches at the AMEX?

Will there be tickets available for members and general sale?

Jul 7, 2003
What is all the fretting about, everyone will get seats, it will be fine.
I like moving around the stadium.
Speak for yourself - I took ten years developing the arse groove in my WSU seat only for them to change it when they added the extra seats in. I'm just getting my new seat comfortable after two years so don't want someone else to ruin my hard work.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
What is all the fretting about, everyone will get seats, it will be fine.
I like moving around the stadium.
Where is anyone fretting?

I was just passing on something I'd been told before, which has now become relevant.

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
Pedant alert! He's FIFA now not EUFA, just saying.
Didn’t know he’d been in EUFA?

Inspired by a successfully and passionately run model in Québec, the Prix collégial du cinéma québécois (PCCQ), Filmfest Hamburg and the European Film Academy (EFA) launched in 2016 the European University Film Award (EUFA) - presented and voted by European university students. The aim of this initiative is to involve a younger audience, to spread the "European idea" and to transport the spirit of European cinema to an audience of university students. It shall also support film dissemination, film education and the culture of debating. In 2019 it became an official category of the European Film Awards.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Does that mean different seats would be available? I would hope that all season ticket holders would have a seat.
Well as long as season ticket holders are guaranteed a seat that's the bottom line, whether it's their usual seat or elsewhere isn't too much of an issue l wouldn't have thought.

All the rest is just conjecture anyway until we know better.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here