Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stewart Lee at the Dome tonight

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I thought he was great last night…. First time live for me although I’m an avid watcher on YouTube… The bit about taking your wife was so close for me although she did say she was pleasantly surprised
Yes. Very funny. Heaven knows why some people were still taking their seats 20 mins past the start time, but it did give him some excellent bonus material to play with.

I assume you've got your light jazz going in your head right now?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I’ve always thought the basis for his stand-up is how ridiculous stand-up is. He’s a master, the comedian’s comedian, the audience are part of the act, drawn in, loved and ridiculed in equal measure, skewering those that think they get him, twisting and turning through the entirety of an act, he reacts to the audience, plays off any uncertainy, their laughing at bits he wasn’t expecting, or not getting a well crafted joke he’s layered in, or the people who are there because they’ve been dragged along. It’s all part of the comedian / audience dynamic, loving that there will be those sitting there thinking ‘what the hell is this all about’ preferring that to an audience of fans like me hanging on every word he says.
The dynamic is the interesting part with him As he often switches his mindset part way through a routine.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
I remember him speculating that when Thatcher talked about opening the back door for negotiations with the IRA, it was actually code to Denis, that allowed him to perform a certain sex act as a birthday present. He working out where the speech was given and where Denis was at the time. It all seemed well researched.

Last edited:

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
I'll spoiler this for anyone who is going this evening, but this is a recording of the 1989 routine that he recycles in the first half.

These old clips of Comedy Network are fascinating. Frankie Boyle, Kevin Eldon, Julian Barrett, Ed Byrne, Noel Fielding etc. all before they were names. Look for Comedy Network - Before They Were Famous if you're interested.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I liked him a lot in Fist of Fun and This Morning with Richard Not Judy. His red button interviews after Comedy Vehicle with Armando Iannucci and Chris Morris(?) are absolute gold too.

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
Saw him last night at the Dome - first time Mrs Dolphins and I had seen him live and we both really enjoyed it! We see a lot of live comedy and not sure why we'd not seen him before, but will be definitely along for the next tour.

Not sure what was meant about previous nights referring to an "incident"?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here