Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stewarding which cost me the game on sat.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
No I'm not, alright let me try one example, before I give up entirely. I'm 6 feet tall, I play football with both feet and tennis with both hands, I also wear glasses and read alot of books. You don't know me, so I ask, do you believe all that? If you don't, it doesn't mean I'm a liar, because matter of fact, all of what I said is true. But it doesn't mean you're going to blindly believe me, and it doesn't mean you neccessarily think I'm lying to you. Do you see what I'm saying?

And no, I don't know London Irish.

Does anyone remember what we were SEARCHED by a POLICE officer, EVERY TIme we wanted to get into the Goldstone to watch a game.

personally, being fingered by a jobsworth in a n orange jacket who just needs to be reminded, if he steps out of line, that he's there for no other reason than MY safety is fine by me.........

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
personally, being fingered by a jobsworth in a n orange jacket who just needs to be reminded, if he steps out of line, that he's there for no other reason than MY safety is fine by me.........

You're not a tad concerned about the various allegations of hands being put in pockets /cock-touching then? If independently confirmed, seems a trifle ARDENT ???

Last edited:

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
No I'm not, alright let me try one example, before I give up entirely. I'm 6 feet tall, I play football with both feet and tennis with both hands, I also wear glasses and read alot of books. You don't know me, so I ask, do you believe all that? If you don't, it doesn't mean I'm a liar, because matter of fact, all of what I said is true. But it doesn't mean you're going to blindly believe me, and it doesn't mean you neccessarily think I'm lying to you. Do you see what I'm saying?

And no, I don't know London Irish.

You are saying you do not believe people's versions of events, so you are suggesting they are lying. However spin it how you want as it helps pass the time.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
I'm not calling him a liar, I'm saying I don't believe him. Before saturday if you'd told me you'd seen the future and we were going to lose 4-0 I wouldn't have believed you, but that doesn't mean to say I would be calling you a liar. The drunk driver thing is a bad example in my opinion, but I take your point. I won't apologise, I've not said anything to apologise for and I won't retract my comment for the same reason, I've said nothing which needs retracting. If people have had problems with stewards, that's a shame and I'm sorry for you, but I struggle to belive some of what has been written on here. If any of this paragraph doesn't make sense to anyone, then you're not going to understand me.

I don't really understand pot noodle person's comments, very unconstructive and unneccessary in my opinion, just moaning and not contributing, how does that help? ???

Are you Fred Goodwin in disguise?

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Nah, I've had my say in the thread. I will make one final comment though, I'm sure the stewards had a reason to treat certain people the way they allegedly have. And it's probably the same reason they let me walk straight past them. :thumbsup:

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Look, Ninja, I too have never had a problem with the stewards. Also two really good friends of mine are or have been stewards at Withdean. I am not anti-steward.

But ... when The Large One and Uncle Buck (both of whom I've met in real life), tell me that they've both had bad experiences then, despite the fact that it's never happened to me, I believe them as I know they're not the kind of people to make that kind of stuff up. OK?

PS - London Irish was a former poster on NSC who would frequently try and retreat behind semantics whenever he lost an arguement - which was usually when his right-on New Labour opinions actually came into contact with reality.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Nah, I've had my say in the thread. I will make one final comment though, I'm sure the stewards had a reason to treat certain people the way they allegedly have. And it's probably the same reason they let me walk straight past them. :thumbsup:

What happened to innocent until proven guilty. What right has a steward got to go through somebodies wallet?

In my case I have never been thrown out of Withdean and do not sit in H Block, so do not have any part in the Withdean steward baiting, yet I get a steward telling me that he throw me out of a game I was not at. So what did I do wrong?

You really are digging yourself a big hole here and in the process looking somewhat, well, special.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

I know a sideswipe when I see one, and I'm not letting that one pass.

I have never given stewards reason to treat me like that. The only possibility that even remotely considers rearing its head is that the steward in question may have recognised me from years past, and decided to behave like the nob-end he was when he worked on other doors in the city at night-time a few years ago. Why, I've no idea.

Apart from that, keep your ignorant disbelief to yourself.

I'm of the opinion you treat people as you expect to be treated yourself. By the sounds of things you lot have made a rod for your back therefore deserve little or no respect what so ever.

If the fella had an adult ticket why on earth would you need to know his age? Is there an age restriction at Withdean now?

Do you think that perhaps he was acting poorly before he was asked his age?

Personally, I have never had to ask any fan their age - but then most have acted theirs. There was one occasion I suppose, where a couple of 40year-old were saying "look, that's one of those that stops us from smoking" and pointing at me, for which I found them somewhat immature and pointless. Most people comport themselves well, and with normal behaviour at a football match (even when they are giving the dugout some verbal).

So, to underline the point - people who do NOT act well when in this environment, stand out. Wouldn't you agree with that scenario?

Now, since you feel this outlook doesn't deserve respect, how would you feel if a person acting badly were seated right next to you all match?

"steward....can you please take care of this situation I'm having with an idiot next to me...."
Not too far fetched, that.

Eh? What authority is it that I'm claiming then? Typical NMH. You were doing so well then couldn't resist the knee-jerk "must defend the stewards even though I wasn't there and didn't see the incident"

Strange that it's only you who thinks that Ninja Elephant is making a good point. Actually it isn't. If one person could be relied upon to defend the absurd it would be you.

My apologies Pot Noodles, I had read a single post from you and pre-judged that. You might notice I had edited it that post within half a minute - because I then saw the reason for your stance in the post, more clearly outlined.

Regarding TLO and UB experiences, there's no doubt that a large body of people will not all act exactly the same, or always according to every procedure as trained. Just as crowds don't all act the same, so there are anomalies with human organizations and behaviour therein.

Having just recently been trained in searching procedures, it does appear to be a story of a wrongly carried-out search if the steward goes into the pocket of a customer.
I would not do it, but request to be shown any articles that are in any doubt - be it in a bag, or in pockets that have just been padded down.
Male stewards do not search female fans either, incidentally.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
When you pay peanuts - you get monkeys...

There are (or were the last time I went) a few stewards which time and brain cells had forgotten, if you so much as look at their shoelaces the wrong way they'll have it in for you...I never had trouble, but with a couple of stewards thats more luck than anything...

On the other hand there are quite a few very good stewards....Sadly as with all things in life - the minority spoil it for the majority.

I believe all of what is written on here about the stewards, but just keep in mind sometimes beer goggles cloud what really happened!! :lol:

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
When you pay peanuts - you get monkeys...

There are (or were the last time I went) a few stewards which time and brain cells had forgotten, if you so much as look at their shoelaces the wrong way they'll have it in for you...I never had trouble, but with a couple of stewards thats more luck than anything...

On the other hand there are quite a few very good stewards....Sadly as with all things in life - the minority spoil it for the majority.

I believe all of what is written on here about the stewards, but just keep in mind sometimes beer goggles cloud what really happened!! :lol:
Fancy visiting my bedroom?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here