Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Steve Coppell on Bobby's sale.

Mullers

Banned
Jul 6, 2003
Good old Sussex by the sea!
He told the Argus:
Albion manager Steve Coppell said: "I've only spoken briefly to the chairman (Knight) about the situation. The fee is the chairman's call.

"I don't think it comes as a big surprise Bobby is going. Most people have been expecting it.

"He has been saying for quite a while he wants to play in the Premiership. Most of the fans were expecting him to go and were just hoping he'd stay.

"I'm disappointed as none of my options for a striker as are as good as having Bobby Zamora playing for Brighton.

"It blows a huge hole in any plans I had. It is a massive problem.

"He is someone capable of exceeding 20 goals a season for us and those sort of players are hard to find.

"But I will carry on trying.

"The fans, like me, will be disappointed he's gone. "But they were among those who were expecting it. It's the way of the world."

So he can't have wanted him to go!

:(

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
next 2 weeks will be crutial in the transfer market for us I think.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Mullers, i can't wait for the day when you waltz into this forum, whistling a merry little ditty with a great big cheesy grin on your face because there is something on this planet that happens that you agree with.
I don't know what occurence could prompt this delirium, but i pray for its arrival.

:D

Mullers

Banned
Jul 6, 2003
Meade's_Ball said:
Mullers, i can't wait for the day when you waltz into this forum, whistling a merry little ditty with a great big cheesy grin on your face because there is something on this planet that happens that you agree with.
I don't know what occurence could prompt this delirium, but i pray for its arrival.

You mean like Dick Tight has resigned!:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:
:dance: :dance: :banana: :cheers: :thumbsup:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Mullers said:
Why, do we need to sell Danny as well?:(
heh nah I meant as in brining in players, SC has said all along he wants to bring in 2 new strikers and theres only 3 weeks til the season (its coming up fast) starts and no doubt he would want to get them settled in before it all kicks off!

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Mullers said:
You mean like Dick Tight has resigned!

If DK resigns it would mean only one thing, Arsegas headline:
FALMER FALLS THROUGH....KNIGHT RESIGNS

Now tell me....do you REALLY want that to happen?

:glare:

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Mullers said:

Jeez, thats some party.
Once Dick resigns and you take over, you can get the players to collectively seethe at your behest.
Its gonna be some day!! Bring on the dancing girls!!

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
For a person who was apparently looking forward to BZ going it strikes me that we have a bit of a git for a manager.

Well SC, BZ is now gone, you wanted it, you got it. Thanks for describing your credibility.

Credibility ? Gone Steve, as you should be.

Weezle

Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Lets put it all in perspective. We've had 3 yrs good service out of Bobby, it's not fair on us to expect him to drop down a division again - he's got his own career to think of. £1.5m is fair in the current market. Second, if it wasn't for DK we'd never have got Bobby in the first place and we wouldn't be looking ahead to Falmer or have experienced such great years since the dark days. Remember what you've got, it's so easy to criticise!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
bhaexpress said:
For a person who was apparently looking forward to BZ going it strikes me that we have a bit of a git for a manager.

Well SC, BZ is now gone, you wanted it, you got it. Thanks for describing your credibility.

Credibility ? Gone Steve, as you should be.

I must be missing something. This is a genuine question, not a piss take, but where does it say that he's pleased he's gone? All I can see is SC saying he is disappointed...

Mullers

Banned
Jul 6, 2003
CrabtreeBHA said:
If DK resigns it would mean only one thing, Arsegas headline:
FALMER FALLS THROUGH....KNIGHT RESIGNS

Now tell me....do you REALLY want that to happen?

:glare:

I do! It's too f***ing small, and can't be extended! Also it will still have f***ing park and ride! The whole thing is typical of Dick Tight's lack of ambition! We need a ground that is either bigger, or has similar ability to expand in future to the Madj Stads!:mad:

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
Mullers said:

God almighty. Say Dick resigns tomorrow (I assume he'll ask for his investment back)

Who takes over the running of the club and the entire Falmer process? Martin Perry is already the world's busiest man, so I can't see him coping with the extra work for much longer.

Yes, he's made mistakes, for which we were right to criticise him, but since 1997 Dick Knight has saved our club and given it a future (what's that? Two league titles as well? I'd forgotten about those). He might make more mistakes and be not great at PR, but he's trying his bloody hardest.

I often sit and read NSC in astonishment and wonder about the people who are so quick to call for the chairman's head. How many of you went to Mellor to protest outside Archer's house? How many of you -- to quote someone in Build a Bonfire -- would wait another hour at an M6 service station at three in the morning for a chance to shout at David Bellotti? How many of you were present at Chester City when we asked Bill Archer when he was going to reliquish control, to hear him reply: "What the f***'s it got to do with you?"

Wake up and smell the f***ing coffee.

Mullers

Banned
Jul 6, 2003
The Clown of Pevensey Bay said:
God almighty. Say Dick resigns tomorrow (I assume he'll ask for his investment back)

Who takes over the running of the club and the entire Falmer process? Martin Perry is already the world's busiest man, so I can't see him coping with the extra work for much longer.

Yes, he's made mistakes, for which we were right to criticise him, but since 1997 Dick Knight has saved our club and given it a future (what's that? Two league titles as well? I'd forgotten about those). He might make more mistakes and be not great at PR, but he's trying his bloody hardest.

I often sit and read NSC in astonishment and wonder about the people who are so quick to call for the chairman's head. How many of you went to Mellor to protest outside Archer's house? How many of you -- to quote someone in Build a Bonfire -- would wait another hour at an M6 service station at three in the morning for a chance to shout at David Bellotti? How many of you were present at Chester City when we asked Bill Archer when he was going to reliquish control, to hear him reply: "What the f***'s it got to do with you?"

Wake up and smell the f***ing coffee.

If you have such a great memory, why have you forgotten the broken promises that Tight made us to get our support?:nono:

Like £2m of new money for players! If the **** could not deliver, he should never have made the promise. What's that? He did not know what he was getting into? Well he must be a complete wanker!:mad:

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
Mullers said:
If you have such a great memory, why have you forgotten the broken promises that Tight made us to get our support?:nono:

Like £2m of new money for players! If the **** could not deliver, he should never have made the promise. What's that? He did not know what he was getting into? Well he must be a complete wanker!:mad:

Maybe that makes him slightly lacking in business acumen and foresight about the economic climate in football (and how many football chairmen suffer those traits??)

Wankers try and profit from the collapse of a club and the sale of its ground.

I'm now going to the pub, and I'm not going to talk about football for the rest of the evening.

Mullers

Banned
Jul 6, 2003
The Clown of Pevensey Bay said:
Maybe that makes him slightly lacking in business acumen and foresight about the economic climate in football (and how many football chairmen suffer those traits??)

Wankers try and profit from the collapse of a club and the sale of its ground.

I'm now going to the pub, and I'm not going to talk about football for the rest of the evening.

I bet you do! Everyone keeps trying to wind me up on the subject 'cos they know i am a big Brighton fan. If people know you are, someone is bound to start!:D

Mullers said:
I do! It's too f***ing small, and can't be extended! Also it will still have f***ing park and ride! The whole thing is typical of Dick Tight's lack of ambition! We need a ground that is either bigger, or has similar ability to expand in future to the Madj Stads!:mad:

Geez you are a f***ing hard monkey to please :nono:

What we should have done is put in planning permission for a 60,000 all seater, it's not like anyone would object is it? ???

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Mullers, you really do drive me up the wall. :)
I imagine your face to be constantly red beneath the cloud of steam pouring from your nostrils. Your hands wring punishingly and anyone who dares cross your righteous path may be smited by odorous rage and an illegally-bought broadsword.
Am i right?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here