[Albion] Steve Cooper.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
We’ve been ripped apart. We will do the same to someone else if we have to.

We have got £20m from potter and paying him £2m a year so that’s £22m we have to offer someone a 3 year deal.

£7m a year. Should be able to get poch for that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Without a ticket to Europe?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
It doesn't. Their ground holds about the same as ours. Their owner is not as rich as ours. Their fanbase is similar. We have a far better current position .History counts for nothing it's now that counts. As their fans are stating almost to a man if we offered Cooper the job he'd be mad not to take it.

Something tells me history isn't your fave subject. :rolleyes:

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Quite a few seem to think Cooper is an honourable and loyal man, oh dear!

Yep, we all know how that works out. Reading the figures bandied about regarding the remuneration Potter was offered, I am not at all surprised he took the risk. It has just hardened my hatred of modern football and the PL and the way it's financed and run. Chelsea have been able to eviscerate us with impunity and now they are laughing. They may have destroyed something really special. But we will act the same just further down the pecking order.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
Would be extremely underwhelmed if we went for him

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Something tells me history isn't your fave subject. :rolleyes:

Love history but you live in the here and now. Brighton currently are a bigger club. It's like comparing us to Notts County and saying they're a bigger club as they have far more honours than us and had larger crowds than we have ever had. They're not though are they?

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
A no from me, he would probably want Tony to sanction £200k+ a week salaries to get 'named' players in.

D

Deleted member 2719

I know a Forest season ticket who loves him. Apparently Cooper has fallen out with the owners and didn't want half the players they bought... that kind of stuff affects performances on the pitch. I would be supportive of Cooper for sure

Cooper could change things "just like that".

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Sorry but there are threads about various other candidates, so l'm just joining the throng, and starting one about my man. :yawn:

The one time heir apparent to many on NSC should GP ever move on, but seemingly less support for him on here now.

Very similar footballing philosophy to you know who, also served his appreticeship in the Championship, turned Forest from relegation candidates to promotion winners in an instant.

l hope Tony knows the std code for Nottingham.

std ? I think our younger members might be puzzled...

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
For me any top level manager should have eyes that both point in the same direction.

It's right at the top of my candidate specification, here's an excerpt:

• Eyes that point in the same direction
  • Preference for heavy rock and roll
  • Knows what a Hammond B3 looks like and can identify it
  • Can list all the Deep Purple mk1, 2, 3 & 4 albums chronologically
  • Likes football
  • Is loyal.
  • Won't want to sign a striker - ever.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I suppose he could win me around but I'd be seriously underwhelmed at his appointment

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Not excited by him at all. Forrest are a tin pot club living off past glories and just think throwing endless cash at players is the answer.

Not sure Cooper would fit into our pragmatic approach to running the club sustainably. Forrest are likely to fall foul of FFP in practically 1 season. It's a no from me.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports