Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Steve Cooper.

BluesRockDJ

Jan 24, 2020
I read yesterday hed just fired his manager of Olympiacos, after they won and went top!!

If Cooper wasnt so popular with the fanbase, he'd have been gone already imho.

Marinakis is probably contientious of that. You'd guess he'd feel he has to give Cooper a little leeway to keep the fans onside due Cooper popularity.

I have to give kudos to the Forest fans for sticking by their manager.

That said, Potter had worse runs than Cooper and there was never any official suggestion he'd be fired. I doubt Potter will find another owner as good and as patient as uncle Tone. He wouldve been fired under Marinakis.
Is that the same Kudos we were after in the summer ?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Hope he isn't sacked, best dressed Premier League manager by a country mile and loyal to home City, always wears Paul Smith (bet he gets a discount)

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Where is this guy?

Sure, he's a tough job for the PR and graphics team and both Nottingham and Swansea played awful football.
But you could argue it was out of necessity both times: Swansea didn't really have a squad, and Nottingham had a meh one both in the Championship and Premier League.

Yet - he has consistently overperformed results. He is very good with young players, he won the U17 World Cup with England and helped a lot of (mainly loan) players in Swansea and Nottingham to reach higher levels.

Personally I don't really like him. The thought of waking up and having him staring at me (even if through the lense of a camera at a presser) just isn't pleasant. But how on earth isn't he mentioned? Surely he must at least be considered?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Where is this guy?

Sure, he's a tough job for the PR and graphics team and both Nottingham and Swansea played awful football.
But you could argue it was out of necessity both times: Swansea didn't really have a squad, and Nottingham had a meh one both in the Championship and Premier League.

Yet - he has consistently overperformed results. He is very good with young players, he won the U17 World Cup with England and helped a lot of (mainly loan) players in Swansea and Nottingham to reach higher levels.

Personally I don't really like him. The thought of waking up and having him staring at me (even if through the lense of a camera at a presser) just isn't pleasant. But how on earth isn't he mentioned? Surely he must at least be considered?
Well as l was the OP who started this thread nigh on two years ago, l can only agree with you!

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Where is this guy?

He’s one of the names mentioned for Burnley. Wouldn’t be surprised if he’s in running for other top end Championship vacancies.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Why would there be a race for someone who was sacked from his last job after no wins in 13 odd games?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Forget trump. This is the story of the night !!!!
I think it's called a fable.

Firstly, he didn't relegate Forest and secondly there are no top ten teams looking to change their manager except, perhaps United. And they wouldn't go for him.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Why would there be a race for someone who was sacked from his last job after no wins in 13 odd games?
All part of the PR hype process .... Even ugly cooper has a team these days. Build up cooper to be some in demand demi god and the giants of Sheffield utd , Burnley and Brighton (not to mention a top half EPL team , * yea right) will be frothing at the gash.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Makes the most sense. We have been Interested before, he's out of work (which bloom likes) and he's good with young players. He's also cheap !!
Any evidence for that ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here