Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Stephens to Burnley (deal now confirmed)

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Good player for us but the right time. We're stacked at the position and he finally deserves his move to that racist sh*thole. They might really struggle this season if get a few injuries.

Best of luck to him though (except when playing against us).

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
If true... sad to see him go as he has been a great servant for us but it's the right time. Last year his effectiveness was starting to wane and I think Bissouma is an upgrade.

Good luck Dale (but not against us)

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Nice fit for Burnley if it happens , will do well in a Dyche set up as the deepest midfielder I'd imagine , been a good player for us , he had the disappointment of not being able to move on when he wanted to but got his head down and did his job .

Not 100% sure I like the idea of losing a player with his experience to a rival of similar if not better league placings standard but if he gets a 3 year deal there then goid luck to the bloke .

Sadly, I bet they’ve paid about the same as we paid for Lamptey as he is in his last year of his contract with us. Not a lot to reinvest.

Dale is perfect for Dyche and will improve them, much like Barnes did when they grabbed him from us for next to nothing as well.

I only hope we do the decent thing and relieve them of 6 points this season.

I’d certainly not be too disappointed if Burnley join WBA and Fulham in the Championship this time next year but this signing of Stephens could scupper that.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I’m feeling rather guilty about the criticism I’ve given him over the years. In my defence, I wasn’t to know he was going to Burnley, but still.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I think a loan would be most likely, I'm not sure Burnley would be keen to commit to a multi-year contract straight away, see how he does and then offer him a deal in the summer when his contract with us is up.
Why would we allow that !!? We might as well keep him. They need to pay up or p1ss off.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Stephens going to Burnley

Yet you don't get a reference that it's older than I am? It's from Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy.

Either you're properly ancient, or not as old as you think.

Watched it once - thought it was crap.....
Not for me - still none the wiser [emoji2]

Edit - Just googled - had never heard of it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I remember when we signed Dale. My son was playing football in the park with a young Charlton fan who was absolutely gutted that we were taking away his favourite player.

Dale has not been many Albion fans favourite player but we have been very, very spoiled during his time with us. An outstanding footballer who contributed hugely to some brilliant matches and seasons.

If the rumour is correct, or indeed if not, then all best wishes and thanks to Dale.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Douglas Adams reference.

Meanwhile, I can see nothing at all actually linking Stephens with Burrnley apart from their failed 4m bid a few years ago :shrug:

Same here, I’m wondering if this is a really sick joke.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
If he goes good luck to him. Top man and player. I will hopefully get to clap him back at the Amex one day soon.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
So far this is just Twitter rumours isn't it?

Anything credible yet?

No. There is no reporting.
He came off injured against Portstmouth which explains his absence from the squad yesterday.
Do Burnley need another midfielder ?

Martlet

Jul 15, 2003
I remember when we signed Dale. My son was playing football in the park with a young Charlton fan who was absolutely gutted that we were taking away his favourite player.

Dale has not been many Albion fans favourite player but we have been very, very spoiled during his time with us. An outstanding footballer who contributed hugely to some brilliant matches and seasons.

If the rumour is correct, or indeed if not, then all best wishes and thanks to Dale.

This 100% (other than the kids football bit which I can't comment on).

Dale deserves a fantastic place in our history - a great club man, always did what was asked of him (took the abuse undeservedly imo), first-choice midfielder under five Brighton managers, and made the step-up to the Prem when many others didn't.

He's also a really good bloke - my son was mascot on his birthday a few years ago and Dale looked after him brilliantly. I'll be sorry to see him go, and wish him nothing but success (until we play him, obvs).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here