Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Stephens to Burnley (deal now confirmed)

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
We'd be mad to let Molumby go if Stephens is going.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
would be a good move for Stephens , great player on his day but I have to sadly say the number of 'his days' has been decreasing each season with prolonged dips in form.

think we have good cover in central midfield so would not be surprised if no new player in for that role , even Gross played the holding role recently so cant see it being a problem area given the depth in squad

bhafcjack

Nov 3, 2018
Brighton
Please be true. Respect to Dale, was brilliant in the championship and had some good performances in the prem but the last 3 years have mostly been painful watching him.

albionalbino

Nov 1, 2009
West Sussex
Andy Naylor [MENTION=14853]andy[/MENTION]NaylorBHAFC
·
16m
Exclusive breaking news from our Transfer Tracker. Burnley are back in for Dale Stephens.
They have made a bid, four years after a persistent attempt to sign the midfielder. #BHAFC

Transfer news tracker: Burnley bid for Brighton midfielder...
This is what's really going on in the summer transfer window...
theathletic.com

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
·
16m
Exclusive breaking news from our Transfer Tracker. Burnley are back in for Dale Stephens.
They have made a bid, four years after a persistent attempt to sign the midfielder. #BHAFC

theathletic.com

Before anyone revs up the car, and offers to drive him there themselves, the 16m at the top of this thread is 16 minutes (ago) when it was posted on Twitter, NOT a £16 million bid for Dale.

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
·
16m

theathletic.com

edit: beaten to it.

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
At first I read that as 16 million!

I thought wow we'd take that all day long, then realised it probably meant 16 minutes!

Edit - just seen the above post! 16 mil really would have been football gone mad!

Gully Forever

May 9, 2011
Never been a fan of Sideways/Backwards Stephens. But I admit that he played very well in the cup vs Portsmouth. I agree he is worth at least £2million.
Burnley will have gained a very experienced player. Although they may find going forward a bit stinted with him in the centre half . :smile:

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I'll be sad to see him go.

I gave him stick for too much sideways passing, but he was reliable and always did the job asked of him.

He took us up. Massive round of applause from me.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
If he is going let's hope we get some decent money for him to help balance our books. Sometimes we're too nice and let players go for too little.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I hope the bit about Molumby changes if Stephens goes.

Suspect there's either a bit of fishing or trolling involved in those suggestions. I know we're not very good at getting top whack for players we sell, but £750K for Stephens? Troll on!

And as you say, if Stephens does go, we certainly shouldn't get rid of Molumby too.

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
In the same way that Alax let Veltmann go for low fee after all his years of service, I've no problem with Dale being let go for a small sum. But then again it's not my money!

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Always been a fan. Very talented player, very underrated. He's not ideally suited to how Potter wants to play, but is probably ideal for how Burnley go about their games. Always given his all on the pitch, and been a key player in transforming our mentality.

If he goes, feel it will be a rubber stamp on Molumby being ready. If he stays, still think he is an excellent option for us.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I know we're not very good at getting top whack for players we sell, but £750K for Stephens? Troll on!

??. Albion for multiple windows now - don't sell first choice players so unlikely to be getting top whack for anyone. And even when they do sell - can make decent profits (Knockaert to Fulham for example)

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Suspect there's either a bit of fishing or trolling involved in those suggestions. I know we're not very good at getting top whack for players we sell, but £750K for Stephens? Troll on!

And as you say, if Stephens does go, we certainly shouldn't get rid of Molumby too.

This ^

He's not crap or become a bad player, we've just changed to a system and style not best suited to him.

He'd flourish in a Burnley, West Ham, Newcastle system. He's got great experience, good enough for most of bottom halfs squads, and at 31 with a good 3 to 4 years in the engine that's worth more than 750k

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Never been a fan of Sideways/Backwards Stephens. But I admit that he played very well in the cup vs Portsmouth. I agree he is worth at least £2million.
Burnley will have gained a very experienced player. Although they may find going forward a bit stinted with him in the centre half . :smile:

It’s another one like Duffy. Stephens is barely worth 2mill to a Potter team but maybe 8-10mill elsewhere.
Given that he never really had any pace, I could see Stephens doing a Jimmy Case , when he left for Stains.
I am uncomfortable selling him to a direct rival.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009

The goal away at Boro in play off semi....the angled pass to Knocky at Selhurst before the wonder goal.

Down west Street off his tits after promotion. We'll miss our vice captain when he's gone.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here