Stephen Ward - **UPDATE@14:00: signs on season-long loan**

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
OK so he's not top half of the prem like Bridge but who would be who'd play in the Champ without ridiculous wages. Look at fortune Parker will be on.

He's a VERY solid player, seen a few times and never been bad. Exactly what we needed realistically.

Oh and Baines is too short :p :moo:

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
From that Wolves site - Love this quote from Jez Moxey in 2011:
“We are kidding ourselves if we think we can usurp Manchester United, but we think we can get to just below that level – in the top three, four or five clubs where we can be competing in Europe. :lol:

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Very good signing I think. Remember him as an attacking left back for Wolves so hopefully will fit in well with our style of play.

Like this from the Wolves forum:
Good enough for one of the best teams in the Championship but was never good enough for us apparently...

Good luck to him, one of my favourite players of recent years. Always gave 100% for the Wolves unlike many others and was one of our better players despite the experts scapegoating him at every available opportunity.

Hope Brighton get promoted with him.

How many (ex-)internationals do we have now?

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
His last competitive match was against us.

I bumped into Jamie O'Hara's old man a week or so ago, he told me his son wouldn't be playing for Wolves again as they had to offload him - Along with a few other high earners. I assume Ward is one of those. He also told me that the lowest point of watching his sons career came at the Amex last season, he seemed genuinely upset at the abuse his boy got from the Wolves fans.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I expect he'll play on Saturday. Good move by the Albion.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
If this is true I would be very happy with that. Despite Wolves having a disaster of a season last year they still have some very good players they probably cannot afford. I would not mind having that Bacary Sako from them either. Who on earth are people expecting to sign as a left back then? No pleasing some people

acrossthepond

Jan 30, 2006
Ruritania
Good full backs win you football matches, and this is a great signing for us. He fits our style of play, and will get forward a lot more effectively than Maks does.

The first thing that Gus did when he joined was fix the full back spots with Calde and Paints. Then he fixed them again with Bruno and Bridge. If this is part of us doing the same again then that works for me. Whoever holds in the middle has to be good, and cover a lot of ground intelligently. Rohan was encouraging, but we need Bridcutt back or for Andrews to hold effectively.

Most important positions on the pitch.

Atp, spokesman for the national union of fullbacks....

Last edited:

BHseagull

Aug 5, 2008
Brighton
Stephen Ward

I bumped into Jamie O'Hara's old man a week or so ago, he told me his son wouldn't be playing for Wolves again as they had to offload him - Along with a few other high earners. I assume Ward is one of those. He also told me that the lowest point of watching his sons career came at the Amex last season, he seemed genuinely upset at the abuse his boy got from the Wolves fans.

He should be ashamed of his son. The way he reacted to the Wolves fans was appalling.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports