Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stephen Ward - **UPDATE@14:00: signs on season-long loan**

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
So team for Saturday will (probably) be ? >>
Kus, Calderon, Upson, Greer, Ward, Agustien, Andrews, SpanishDave, LuaLua/Buckley, Barnes, Ulloa ??

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Kus, Calderon, Upson, Greer, Ward, Agustien, Andrews, SpanishDave, LuaLua/Buckley, Barnes, Ulloa ??
Could well be. Has Ward played recently?

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
That'll be a division 1 player brought in then?
Nothing like ambitious signings I say!

A - **** off this has nothing to do with a trolling prick who supports Oxford ****ing United.

B - he's a full international with a huge amount of appearances at this level and above. Yeovil are getting Hennesey on loan from Wolves too are you trolling their forums about signing league one players? Stick to the Rochdale and Fleetwood forums as that's the level your pile of shite mix with.

armchairclubber

Aug 8, 2010
Bexhill
Perhaps an incentive for both Ward and Andrews to come here was an opportunity to push for a place back in Rep Ire World Cup Qualifiers / Squad next year, lets hope they can link up well and impress Trapattoni, think they may help each other along

Last edited:

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
second Irish international in a week, is Burke from the Emerald Isle?

I like him as a player as it happens, and fills that left-back spot.

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii

Sweet baby Jesus and the orphans is that really our side on paper. punk::rave::O:drool:

Seems a solid astute signing. Good luck to Mr. Ward in the stripes. Let hope he is just as successful as his namesake was.

damo1971

Jun 21, 2011
Like most people on here I don't remember seeing ward play so I will judge him on how he plays for us. Also I don't care if Oscar spotted him or if Burke spotted him or if the cleaner spotted him as long as he plays well at left back.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Another Burke punt .. let Oscar bring his own in ffs

Surely you don't think that Mr Burke would bring in players without making sure that mr Garcia is happy about it? if that were the case, the place would be seriously dysfunctional.

I just hope it is not the same Stephen Ward who was involved in the Profumo Affair with Christine Keeler et al. He must be at least in his 70's

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
I have to say I'm not entirely overcome with excitement at this signing. Time will tell how good Ward is I guess.

LewesTom

Apr 27, 2013
Good to get someone with decent experience...however he is one of the ones we sang 'you stupid b*stards, you let your team down' at a few months back.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I have to say I'm not entirely overcome with excitement at this signing. Time will tell how good Ward is I guess.

We were never going to get a player of Bridge's quality so just about anyone would seem a bit of a letdown. Hopefully he'll give us some pace and steel at the back. It seems he likes to attack too. The fact that he had a double relegation may give him more desire and I doubt he'll be as niggly injury prone as Bridge was so he may play most games, if he's good enough.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Stephen Ward

An extremely good signing - played premier league and could work really well in the way I think Oscar wants us to play! Needs to have bags of pace and energy!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here