Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stephen Ward - suspect we might know soon

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Gut feeling is that he won't be signing for us. I've been impressed with what I've seen of Chicksen though so although I'll be sorry if Ward goes, it could be the making of Chicksen.

Can't see us agreeing to anywhere near the 12k he is on at the moment but there are clubs who'll pay that to him no problem so why would he choose a managerless club paying him less money?

Yes, feel the same way, after a difficult start he was steady when he stepped up. He's a young chap all part of his development.

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
As others have said even if chicksen can step up we will still need another left back(along with 8 more since the squad only has 13 players at the moment!)

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
As others have said even if chicksen can step up we will still need another left back(along with 8 more since the squad only has 13 players at the moment!)

That's a lot of left backs innit?

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Won't be coming to us.

Why do you say that with so much certainty? He may have had approaches from a couple of Premiership clubs but potentially as a reserve LB. alternatively it could be 'spin' from his agent to get a better deal. I think he wants to come here and if we have offered him a reasonable deal I think he will.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
With the lack of news about Ankergren, Calderon and Bruno signing new deals, and Ward seemingly unlikely to sign, it's all getting a bit depressing now.

Without these 4, we need 11 new players, even if we don't sell Ulloa and Walton.

Why do want Ankergren to stay? I thought we were hoping to rebuild. Ank or Brez, weren't very good, so time to move on.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
Yes, feel the same way, after a difficult start he was steady when he stepped up. He's a young chap all part of his development.

I do hope he steps up soon and starts to justify the fee we paid for him. When people talk about Chicksen I get the feeling they think of him as being a young lad when in fact he is older than Dunk, Ince, March and JFC.
Fans talk about him as though he is a real youngster, but in fact he played over 70 league games for MK Dons and there are 5 players younger than him in England's world cup squad.

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
I do hope he steps up soon and starts to justify the fee we paid for him. When people talk about Chicksen I get the feeling they think of him as being a young lad when in fact he is older than Dunk, Ince, March and JFC.
Fans talk about him as though he is a real youngster, but in fact he played over 70 league games for MK Dons and there are 5 players younger than him in England's world cup squad.
Can only step up if he is picked. Did alright when he played. If he played the number of games as the other DS players then he would have got better as they did

Stumpy Tim

afraid the play-offs illustrated the youngsters ain't there yet......I know a lot of the senior ones weren't either

A little unfair I think. Ince, Dunk, JFC and March most definitely are there. Chicksen has looked decent every time he's played, and I wouldn't mind him being our number one left-back though Ward is certainly better right now.

Derby are a better team than us, but let's not forget we lost Upson and Greer for the second leg. Without those two we were always going to struggle

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Good point, but when he played in the latter part he did ok. I think we would all prefer Ward, but he is steady.

It is a big difference from League 1 to the Championship.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
No one will sign until we have the elusive manager in place, so the longer it goes on possibly the more the target list will reduce

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

Perhaps you would like to enlighten us on how much we DID pay for him?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Stephen Ward ? I remember when he procured prostitutes and good time girls for MP's and Russian diplomats.
What short memories us Brighton fans have.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here