Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stephen Dobbie

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Amazing. Palace fans don't reckon that Bridcutt - one of our best players - is worth more than 3m, yet a lazy forward with no pace who's championship class at best is worth £850k. And that fee was agreed before they were promoted and guaranteed the premier league gazillions.

Lurker

56 years and counting ...
Mar 8, 2010
West Midlands

The source is a newspaper article.
I must have missed the day the law was passed that said every word printed in a newspaper must be the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

I'll be keeping my hand off of my willy until I see a bit more reliable confirmation.

Having said that ... fantastic business if it turns out to be accurate!

Looking at that article ... unless Dale Jennings has gone backwards since moving to Germany, I would suggest Barnsley have done a great bit of business in getting him for only £250k (if accurate!).

Red'n'Blue

Jan 6, 2011
It's not true. It has been said many times that we are paying what you did + his wages during his time at Brighton.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
It's not true. It has been said many times that we are paying what you did + his wages during his time at Brighton.

The figure sounds right then, he was one of our top paid players. (I nearly said earners there)

eagles #1

May 7, 2004
London
hahaha thank google for that...Something to laugh at Palace about again...What a bunch of mugs!

Believe me, after the month just gone, you'll never be able to laugh at Palace again.

We, Crystal Palace FC, are the whole reason you're in this complete shambolic mess.

:D

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Given that it was his goals and assists that kept them in the play offs toward the end of the season, I imagine Palace are happy with it, too.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
....the fee we received or will receive as of 1st July, is £850,000!

:ohmy:

Wow, that will help towards the lawyers' fees :lol:

Now how much can we get for Harley?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Believe me, after the month just gone, you'll never be able to laugh at Palace again.

Oh, don't worry, we will.

We, Crystal Palace FC, are the whole reason you're in this complete shambolic mess.

Poyet's relationship with the club reached the point of no return in March, and it was widely accepted amongst those in the know that he was leaving at the end of the season regardless. This mess was heading our way without your help, thanks.

Iamapen15

May 17, 2009
Back of the North Stand

:ffsparr:

eagles #1

May 7, 2004
London
Oh, don't worry, we will.

Poyet's relationship with the club reached the point of no return in March, and it was widely accepted amongst those in the know that he was leaving at the end of the season regardless. This mess was heading our way without your help, thanks.

No, no honestly you wont. NOTHING will ever beat spanking you in your own back yard, in a play off semi final, to reach Wembley. Not even winning the thing beats it. Seeing thousands of you streaming for the exit with 10 minutes to go (again), those happy clapper things that even made your own manager want to die of embarrassment, the players celebrating on your pitch, the shit, the immediate suspensions, the sacking of your manager live on BBC...I've got to stop, the thought of Mark McGhee in as manager is going to make me piss myself.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
hahaha thank google for that...Something to laugh at Palace about again...What a bunch of mugs!

Who are the mugs? He was instrumental in keeping them in the playoffs and they are now in the Premier League.
Good bit of business but I'm not laughing.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
you'll never be able to laugh at Palace again.

We DEFINITELY will. Unquestionably, long term, we'll have the last laugh. Genuinely enjoy EVERY DAY of next season. Cling to it.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
No, no honestly you wont. NOTHING will ever beat spanking you in your own back yard, in a play off semi final, to reach Wembley. Not even winning the thing beats it. Seeing thousands of you streaming for the exit with 10 minutes to go (again), those happy clapper things that even made your own manager want to die of embarrassment, the players celebrating on your pitch, the shit, the immediate suspensions, the sacking of your manager live on BBC...I've got to stop, the thought of Mark McGhee in as manager is going to make me piss myself.

I imagine that's all hilarious, and obviously we'd love the shoe to be on the other foot, but you really think that means that we are NEVER going to laugh at your sorry excuse of a club again? EVER? I think you need to have a little think, petal.

You don't think we'll laugh when Chelsea put 8 (EIGHT) past you?
Or when you start spunking your windfall on Prem journeymen on long contracts?
Or when your game at home to Hull pulls in the lowest premier league attendance since records began?
Or when you beat Derby's points record?
Or when your relegation is confirmed in March?
Or when we beat you next year, despite your 'Premiership squad'?
Or on 100 other occassions in the future?

EVER is a long time.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
:D Of course you will sunshine, course ya will.

You're right, what am I thinking? You're much more geared up for long term success and stability than us...

what?

VHA on NSC

Banned
May 17, 2013
A town near Charlotte, NC
Amazing. Palace fans don't reckon that Bridcutt - one of our best players - is worth more than 3m, yet a lazy forward with no pace who's championship class at best is worth £850k. And that fee was agreed before they were promoted and guaranteed the premier league gazillions.

Yes, it is amazing that our owners, with their record of financial prudence and shrewd transfer dealings would sanction a transfer for a player whose value has seemingly increased by two and a half times the fee the selling club bought him for, despite him rotting in the reserves almost his entire time at the club. Even more astonishing that a club renowned for being mugged in the transfer market would have the gall to command such a fee.

It's almost as if a bunch of people whose world is falling in are painfully grasping at straws, desperate for a ray of light in the darkness. Let them have their moment, I say. When the nuclear fallout dust finally settles over Falmer, one fan's dying words to his comrade can be "at least we got that money for Dobbie".....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here