Never fitted in Brighton style of play can't just blame the player

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Have to give home credit for helping us towards the £160 million payout
Never fitted in Brighton style of play can't just blame the player

Disagree strongly. He was LAZY, pure and simple. People can cite 'personality clashes' and 'styles of play' all they like, but there's never, ever an excuse for a lack of EFFORT.

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
Disagree strongly. He was LAZY, pure and simple. People can cite 'personality clashes' and 'styles of play' all they like, but there's never, ever an excuse for a lack of EFFORT.

Indeed. Something that clashes when you try to play as a team like we do - not reliant on one or two individuals...

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne

This, his 2 goals were a penalty which was a simple tap in and he was simply in the right place for the other one. Charlton away he was absolutely awful, some of the DS guys would have gave a better performance than him that day.

850k is great business, nice to know we have 1 tiny thing to laugh at Palace about - using under 1/120th of their millions to sign a player who couldnt give 2 shits....

brighton rock

Jul 5, 2003
lancing
He put the effort in for palace
And if he can't cut the mustard next season I'm sure he be loaned back to the championship

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Whilst I think Gus has acted like an idiot re his career, in terms of his managerial ability he deserves some credit. Most of his signing were successful and even one that wasn't makes us half a mill. His 'hit' ratio was excellent.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
I really think the telegraph have put an extra zero on the end by mistake. There is no way that anyone in their right mind would pay £850k for Dobbie. He was diabolically lazy.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
He put the effort in for palace
And if he can't cut the mustard next season I'm sure he be loaned back to the championship

A Swansea fan i know (yes they exist) put it well with Dobbie - "When hes on loan to you, he is brilliant. But once he signs the contract he turns to shit". Wouldnt be surprised if that happens with you.

D

Deleted member 22389

To be fair he's a £3 million forward who could not hit a barn door

We never got the best out of him. No point playing CMS up on his own all match which happened in nearly every single match he played. Ulloa and CMS is what we want to see. What CMS lacked in goals he made up in work rate. No defender wants to come up against his pace.

brighton rock

Jul 5, 2003
lancing
We never got the best out of him. No point playing CMS up on his own all match which happened in nearly every single match he played. Ulloa and CMS is what we want to see. What CMS lacked in goals he made up in work rate. No defender wants to come up against his pace.

Fair post
Will be interesting to see how he does this season with a different style of manager when his knee fixes properly

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here