Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stephen Dobbie

Black Rod

Jan 19, 2013
As already said, a panic buy replacement for Mackail-Smith who then didn't actually leave means he was never going to get a real chance here. Bit of a catch 22 as the player didn't look interested because he knew he would never get a fair crack of the whip, even after scoring in two games in a row he was back on the bench. Can't argue with his record in terms of being involved in sides promoted from this division.

Black Rod

Jan 19, 2013
No way good enough for premiership, strange signing.

He played a part in getting them promoted. Nothing strange about that - another club in the Championship will look at his being part of three promoted sides in the last few seasons and take him should they decide he isn't going to be good enough for the Premier League.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
The loan deal was to get around Dobbie not being able to sign for a 3rd club during the season. In all likelihood there was an agreement that Dobbie couldn't play for Palace against us and he would sign a permanent deal with THE SCUM after his contract at The Albion is terminated on June 30th.
This is right, he was effectively signed permanently when he went to Palace on loan, fee, his contract and all details were worked out before the loan happened which included him being ineligible to play in any play off game if Brighton were also in the play offs, not just any game against us.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I heard he had to go to pay Upsons wages not sure if that was the case, but ultimately he helped get Palace into the play offs which was the joke of the whole sorry saga.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
From what I have seen on Dobbie, he is a very neat and tidy player who looks for the forward pass, so not really a Poyet type player.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Dobbie just didn't work out, because of Poyet? But you'd have to expect any new manager will see the benefits of a CMS ULLOA partnership. Mouthwatering!!

This is what I'm looking forward to! Hopefully the new Manager (if GP doesn't stay) will feel the same way!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here