Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stephen Dobbie - signed on 3 year deal from Swansea (merged)

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
I'm certain that I know more than you

200px-Trollface.svg.png

Aug 30, 2012
Hmm doesn't really add up with the info you fed us last night from your source who knows someone who knows someone on the board. Does it?

Bless.

O.K, let me explain this to you. I do know a person who has connections with the board, and they told me not to expect a striker today. It is possible that one more player is coming in, but I do not expect it to be a striker.

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
Sky Sports sources understand Brighton & Hove Albion are closing in on the signing of Swansea City's Stephen Dobbie.
by Peter Fraser 7:51 PM

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
My year? I've been long out of school. I may sound pompous, but I'm fed up of people doubting my info.

Oooooh, get you! If you're fed up, why don't you just fack off?

Any reason why you choose to ignore any of the questions I've asked of you?

Phoenix Arrow

Mitoma Enthusiast
Aug 18, 2009
Sverige
My year? I've been long out of school. I may sound pompous, but I'm fed up of people doubting my info.
You're going on an internet forum and saying "we'll sign one player, his first is in beach but not in fate". Why would anyone believe you? You're sweet though, don't be upset.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one

Why would people doubt you. You come on here giving it the large 'I'm in the know'. Then show us nothing. So obviously people will doubt you. I could go around saying so and so hasn't signed etc etc and name almost any player. Fact is SSN have released info about it and you have said that negotiations failed an hour before. How are any of us supposed to know that you know anything at all. It just sounds like you're spouting bullshit.
You've got a 50/50 chance of being right.
But to really have us believe you, how much did Dobbie want and how short was BHAFC in their offer?
SSN have given us a 1m figure, now you give us some info, if you know anything. If you don't, f*** off!

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
O.K, let me explain this to you. I do know a person who has connections with the board, and they told me not to expect a striker today. It is possible that one more player is coming in, but I do not expect it to be a striker.

Yet a couple of hours ago you were suggesting Becchio and Goodwillie, which is it?

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
That's too sensible Captain!

I'm with you though
I'd be delighted if we could focus our attacking play around CMS and buy a further forward who isn't a 'big lump'...just seems as if this is a change of tact and if we have been after Boothroyd then it seems strange that a reasonable next option is Dobbie who certainly isn't a target man. Just don't want us to have got so far down the 'wanted list' that we go for just anyone, who won't fit in.

Forkbeard

Aug 30, 2012
If there is some truth to this, I'd be pleased to bring you happier tidings than I did in the Orlandi thread yesterday. :thumbsup:

The Dobster is a good player. A bit too ponderous on the ball for the Prem, but he's a very, very effective AM in the Championship.

Slot him in behind your frontman and watch the goals/assists flood in.

twowheelsbest

Nov 1, 2009
Brighton
To be fair to Yorkshire-Gull, boothroyd and tuncay haven't signed...
Don't need to sign Tuncay today - he's a free agent I understand. Love to see him in the stripes!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here