Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stephane Sessegnon

MF'84

A load of Bolanos
Jul 26, 2012
Derbyshire
With the 25 man squads to be announced soon there may be a glut of new players released on a free now that there's no loan window to fall back on.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
With the 25 man squads to be announced soon there may be a glut of new players released on a free now that there's no loan window to fall back on.
The trouble is that unless the release paperwork was completed yesterday they cannot be signed until January 1st.

MF'84

A load of Bolanos
Jul 26, 2012
Derbyshire
The trouble is that unless the release paperwork was completed yesterday they cannot be signed until January 1st.

Well that's just a ridiculous ruling... Loads of players basically 'trapped' if they're not in the 25 then, not playing but costing clubs in wages. Nice one FA.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Well that's just a ridiculous ruling... Loads of players basically 'trapped' if they're not in the 25 then, not playing but costing clubs in wages. Nice one FA.
No it's the only ruling possible otherwise transfer windows would be meaningless with clubs cancelling player contracts in order to transfer players at any time between windows.

I suspect a few players have already been released and we'll find out who they are over the next day or so.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
I expect somewhere in the world he can earn 40k a week easy. We will only offer half that I'm sure even on a free transfer. Doubtful but never know

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Sessegnon's in a good bargaining position. Not only is he arguably the best of the available players, but for us at least, he's one of the few that can play in the position that we have a space for. Not going to be cheap for whoever gets him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here