Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Status Quo - are you a fan?

Are you a Status Quo fan?

• Total voters

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
I guaranty all of the people who have who have said No will be going bonkers when the guy at Wembley plays Rocking all over the world should we get to and win the play off final!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I guaranty all of the people who have who have said No will be going bonkers when the guy at Wembley plays Rocking all over the world should we get to and win the play off final!

I'd go bonkers if they played the Birdie Song in that scenario

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Liked them a lot until Rockin' All Over the World; after that, they were boring, bland. sing-a-long stadium rock - absolutely awful.

Their early-mid 1970s stuff was good though: three successive albums were excellent - Piledriver ('Big Fat Mama' is brilliant), Quo (Love 'Backwater'),and Hello (the single 'Caroline' is an all-time classic, and 'Blue Eyed Lady' rocked). I also liked their cover of 'Wild Side of Life'.

After that, they went rapidly downhill - and I discovered punk and Indie-rock.

I knew a guy who used to go down the Hungry Years, who was such an obsessive Status Quo fan that he changed his name by deed poll to Michael Francis Rossi !

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
There is nothing incidental that occurs three times........

As I recall, one time they were supporting The Who (Wembley Stadium), one time Phil Lynotts band (Yellow Pearl ?) sssh - at Sehlhust Pk, and the other time, I forget but was at the Brighton centre supporting somebody.

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
It's a no from me. Pale blue denim, long sweaty hair, same old chords. I liked them a bit more when I was 11, but only a bit more. They'd have more credibility if they'd packed in in 1982. But only a bit more.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Probably the truth is they are a good introduction to youngsters (pre teen) to rock music but you very quickly move on to much better things.

Bognor Bystander

Looking for a new job
Oct 7, 2010
Bognor Regis
What's not to like ? As many of the No voters have said Quo have a large catalogue of songs and there are a few 'classics' in there ... saw them Live at Gateshead stadium with Joe Cocker and Rod Stewart many years ago - great gig :)

slimes

Aug 23, 2011
cheltenham
Radio 2 must put on quo 5 times a day! It's probably in there written contract..everytime they put on a quo song,I turn radio 2 off

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012

Rocking All Over the World was written by John Fogerty of Creedence Clearwater Revival fame, and he did it much better. Status Quo are middle of the road and boring - a (very) poor man's ZZTop

slimes

Aug 23, 2011
cheltenham
Radio 2 must put on quo 5 times a day! It's probably in there written contract..everytime they put on a quo song,I turn radio 2 off

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Later tonight, around 11pm after 8 cans of Stella put the stereo up to 10 & play the 17 minute live version of fourty-five hundred times. You haven't lived until you've done this

Windows

Feb 8, 2013
Hove
I've loved Status Quo for at least the past 15 years and have often seen them play at The Brighton Centre (usually around Xmas time)

Burning Bridges, Rockin' All Over The World & Anniversary Waltz are my favs.

Perfect for the car when on a long journey, so you can turn up the volume and sing along. :rock:

getreal1

Aug 13, 2008
Liked them a lot until Rockin' All Over the World; after that, they were boring, bland. sing-a-long stadium rock - absolutely awful.

Their early-mid 1970s stuff was good though: three successive albums were excellent - Piledriver ('Big Fat Mama' is brilliant), Quo (Love 'Backwater'),and Hello (the single 'Caroline' is an all-time classic, and 'Blue Eyed Lady' rocked). I also liked their cover of 'Wild Side of Life'.

After that, they went rapidly downhill - and I discovered punk and Indie-rock.

I knew a guy who used to go down the Hungry Years, who was such an obsessive Status Quo fan that he changed his name by deed poll to Michael Francis Rossi !

He freaked out to every Quo track when it came on. Sad demise though as he committed suicide over a break up with a girl.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here