Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Statues

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Was there talk of Liverpool having a statue of Jan Molby outside Anfield ? Or, were they going to do irony and just have Molby himself stood on a plinth ?

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Oh alright then.

A massive statue of Boley with his trousers down by his ankles. Its not as if the silly kunnt hasn't paid enough for it is it?

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
owusu cox.JPG.gallery.jpg

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
I think statues are over-rated, in fact any item that harks back to bygone eras. They make an era synonymous with one manager or one player when in truth it is a team sport. Isn't that exactly what the Albion is about? Community, values, fans, togetherness - the collective, not the individual?

And it's not going to help Chelsea having all those banners around Stamford Bridge listing former legends, as it is a permanent reminder of just how badly the current crop are under-performing.
Yes,this!
I think it would be nice to have large presentation screens on the outside of the Amex, showing photos of key people (maybe including some fans) in our history - just have it rotating through the faces on match days. Easily updated/ added to as the club evolves (cos we are not at the end of history!).
Statues?... not for me Clive, but I get why some people would want them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here