Reid Hammond Fruitos
Carole(Playing in the hole more) CKR

Subs:
Henderson/Robinson
Gatting
El Abd
Chippie
Mayo

As and when we bring in another centre forward, option to play flatter 4-4-2, think we the squad we have be a good formation focusing on our strengths. Get Carole running at players, he can cause damage in League One. I am hopeful we will be playing slick, quick counter attacking type football next year...

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Looks good, but I would rather have Henderson in than Kuipers, to start off with.

We can play some good counter attacking football and I am sure we can use the Frenchmens pace to wreak havoc (now and then), so I would be tempted to have Wayne in for that reason.

Oct 17, 2003
Hove, East Sussex
Good point BOF, Henderson distribution alot better....

Joel has been watched but cant see him going yet! unproven at any level so needs more time....

like to see Reid used more next season. maybe even centre mid with Hammond or instead of

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Gary Stevens Neighbour said:
Good point BOF, Henderson distribution alot better....

Joel has been watched but cant see him going yet! unproven at any level so needs more time....

like to see Reid used more next season. maybe even centre mid with Hammond or instead of

Yes, certainly share out the midfield duties. We have looked a slightly better attacing side with Reid in the middle.

I am confident our side at the moment is good enough to be midtable, so a few decent signings could be just the ticket.

I am not adverse to having FDM back in the team, but I think the money could be spent elsewhere. Henderson was bound to make a few mistakes. The backline/goalkeeper were under a lot of pressure in most games and he did well overall.

Henderson can keep the rythmn going and give us a more attacking outlook. (I hope)

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Henderson
Dodd El-Abd Hinshelwood Lynch
Reid Fraser Hammond
Carole CKR Frutos

Strikers play fairly deep, get the passing movement going. Back ups would be,

Martin
Hart Elphick Butters Rents
Chamberlain Mayo Loft
Jake Gatting Jarrett

Also like to see mini Hinsh (who I rate a lot, very solid and intelligent RB), Cox, Sullivan and Fogden get a run out..

We do need a target man but imo this formation utalises best our current squad.

Last edited:

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Dodd... interesting! would give us some penetration from the back.. (ooo errr!)

Not sure about El Abd at CB, not the most gifted with his positioning and reading of the game.

I think El-Abd actually looks more comfortable at centre half, I really like him there. The only thing as people have said is him and Hinsh aren't the tallest but I think they are both still good in the air. I would play them two against most defences as they are both strong, quick and mobile but against any team with a masive lump of a forward I'd wheel out the tank.

Dodd's class should really shine next year. The team I have picked should work well with a passing mentality.

Last edited:

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005

As and when we bring in another centre forward, option to play flatter 4-4-2, think we the squad we have be a good formation focusing on our strengths. I am hopeful we will be playing slick, quick counter attacking type football next year...

I think that is definately the way to go, would work well in yous or my formation. Hopefully we wil see some tactical and ability improvements with Wilko, I'm not saying he's our saviour but his promotion suggests these are the areas they will be working on.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
the few games he did play (QPR away sticks in mind) he did look class on the ball. looking for channels etc etc, something our full backs dont really do!

how do you think Loft will do?

Needs to build himself up a bit but could seriously see him challenging Hammond. Not sure if we have seen enough to know completely but he is lightening kick, likes to get in the box and very keen. I will be very interested to see how he does next year.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
massive season for Hammond, needs to step up and take the ownership of that midfield! he will benefit from the likes of Wilkins in movement, runs etc etc.. maybe some finishing coaching too :)

I'm still not sure he is that kind of player who stamps his mark on midfield, I really think he should almost have a free role and be allowed to make runs into the box. His offensive movement is good but he hasn't got the speed of thought on the ball when required to pick out a lengthy pass and his tackling is woeful. I think his short link up play is decent as long as he plays it simple. I would rather see Fraser get an opportunity to be the midfield engine (now that Nicolas has gone) with Reid concentrating on passing and getting forward. He needs to also step it up if he is going to start having a real impact from midfield.

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
Hendo

Dodd Hinsh Butters Lynch

Reid Oatway Chippy Mayo

GNW/Or Other Signing CKR

Subs

Martin
El-Abd
Hammond
Gatting / Hart