Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Star Wars VII

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
It just all seems a bit ham fisted. Normally peoples first jobs are a gentle transition to see if they are any good. Sending him to the temple was a bit OTT.

Overall, they could have done his charactor better. Off the top of my head, murdering a jedi on the council to create a position for himself, murdering a random bloke for flirting with his missus, getting the blow torches ala Pulp fiction out on Boba fete or something would have taken him further down that path - The transition hasn't run its course for me which is bizarre as the 3 films are essentially about that moment and they all drag on at times (good knows I've been subjected to them enough)

At the end of the day someone nailed it earlier. Keep Lucas away from the script or acting for 7-9. The fact Empire was the best of the bunch which he didn't direct says it all.

To be fair, the emperor stakes everything on Anakin turning, his life, his lifetimes work all hinges on that moment. He's hardly going to worry about sending him into to do a big job. The plot hole there is that it should have been more implicit that they couldn't have taken the temple without Anakin. I suppose Obi Wan and Yoda later show, clones are no match for a couple of Jedi, and so you are led to believe it couldn't have been taken without Anakin - but you have to make that leap.

The biggest plot hole for me in Episode 3 is why Yoda and Obi Wan split up to tackle Anakin and the Emperor separately at the end. I can't work that out or find justification for it. They should have gone to the Emperor together, then sorted Anakin out together. It made no sense for them to split up. They're together right then, just nip round and see Palpatine together, get that job done first. I can justify and fill in a lot, but that leaves me completely blank.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here