Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Star Wars - The Force Awakens trailer out at last

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
looks nice - can't wait for the films although it's going to be so much more difficult nowadays to avoid spoilers if you can't get to the first viewings next year.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Even after all this time, no other film gets me as excited as a new Star Wars release.

Cant wait.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I'm not saying I don't want to like it, I'm sure it'll be great, I was just making an observation.
My reply wasn't meant to be directed solely at you, it was more a reaction to the way the majority of fans reacted to the prequel. Yes, Jar Jar was annoying, Hayden Christensen was rubbish, and that force / sliced apple seen was terrible, but so what? C3PO was annoying too and Luke was a bit of a dick in episode IV, but we were just too young to care. Sand people didn't attack the sandcrawler, the blast points were too accurate - only stormtroopers are so precise. Precise my arse, they never hit a ****ing thing in the films. I was 6 when Star Wars came out, and it was completely different to anything any of us had ever seen. We didn't critique the films, we just enjoyed them. Looking back I agree the first films were better, but they weren't perfect, and I still loved the prequels. After 20 years of waiting I got to see Yoda fighting with a ****ing lightsaber! What's not to like? Palpatine was back and he was brilliant, and we got dozens of Jedi fighting hundreds of clones. It could have been a lot better, but some fans are just too precious.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
absolutly Trig... there are sooo many problems with the first films, but they still engage us in a great yarn and adventure far away.

still dont like crossguards on lightsabres, as generally things in the Star wars world have purpose and this has none.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Totally Benedict Cumberbatch doing the VoiceOver. He's in it but what will he be?

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
actually, no it isnt. its the kind of flourish that's just unnecessary. it fills me with fear that the final product will be full of effects guff to gloss over lack of substance.

Of course it's good. It'll serve exactly the same purpose a cross guard does on a solid sword.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I've rarely been more GUTTED at the demise of a villain as I was when Darth Maul met his end in Ep I.

Now here was an evil Sith lord who could have spanned that entire prequel trilogy, and joined forces with Anakin / Vader when he turned, for one EPIC battle with Obi-Wun and Yoda at the climax of Ep III. That was one evil mutha with some FLAIR moves (the double-lightsaber??) who was tragically cut off in his prime WAAAYYYY too early. What did we end up with ? A spindly, bland CGI bucket of bolts in General Grevious, and an 80-year-old Lord Dooku trying to give it large from behind a zimmer-frame.

I'm sorry, but Lucas is clueless and I hope he is nowhere NEAR this latest incarnation.

I am also chronically aware that this is probably the geekiest post on NSC since Kev the Ape was asking for Zelda save codes in 2003.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
I've rarely been more GUTTED at the demise of a villain as I was when Darth Maul met his end in Ep I.

Now here was an evil Sith lord who could have spanned that entire prequel trilogy, and joined forces with Anakin / Vader when he turned, for one EPIC battle with Obi-Wun and Yoda at the climax of Ep III. That was one evil mutha with some FLAIR moves (the double-lightsaber??) who was tragically cut off in his prime WAAAYYYY too early. What did we end up with ? A spindly, bland CGI bucket of bolts in General Grevious, and an 80-year-old Lord Dooku trying to give it large from behind a zimmer-frame.

I'm sorry, but Lucas is clueless and I hope he is nowhere NEAR this latest incarnation.

I am also chronically aware that this is probably the geekiest post on NSC since Kev the Ape was asking for Zelda save codes in 2003.
I've not watched the cartoons but fair play to them, they brought Maul back!

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
My reply wasn't meant to be directed solely at you, it was more a reaction to the way the majority of fans reacted to the prequel. Yes, Jar Jar was annoying, Hayden Christensen was rubbish, and that force / sliced apple seen was terrible, but so what? C3PO was annoying too and Luke was a bit of a dick in episode IV, but we were just too young to care. Sand people didn't attack the sandcrawler, the blast points were too accurate - only stormtroopers are so precise. Precise my arse, they never hit a ****ing thing in the films. I was 6 when Star Wars came out, and it was completely different to anything any of us had ever seen. We didn't critique the films, we just enjoyed them. Looking back I agree the first films were better, but they weren't perfect, and I still loved the prequels. After 20 years of waiting I got to see Yoda fighting with a ****ing lightsaber! What's not to like? Palpatine was back and he was brilliant, and we got dozens of Jedi fighting hundreds of clones. It could have been a lot better, but some fans are just too precious.

Nail. Head. On. Nothing to add here... Move along.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Darth Maul was gutted too.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
WOW...Storm troopers looking like they are about to go into battle.......X-wings flying at low level

:clap2: :clap2:

If your heart didn't jump and you didn't punch the air when the Falcon soared into view with the theme playing, then you're probably dead inside.

I've watched this trailer far too many times already..... my sons keep asking me what's wrong :)

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
Cannot.Wait.Want.It.Now.

If there was one thing I would like to be able to do, is to be able to fly the Millennium Falcon in real life. Oh sorry, wrong thread.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Of course it's good. It'll serve exactly the same purpose a cross guard does on a solid sword.

which is to protect the hand from the opponent blade slideing down the blade. this would cut through the solid half of the crossguard. the lightsabre extension parts serve no purpose. its pure peacockery.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
which is to protect the hand from the opponent blade slideing down the blade. this would cut through the solid half of the crossguard. the lightsabre extension parts serve no purpose. its pure peacockery.

That's one of it's purposes, it also has offensive uses. Anyway, it's Star Wars, I'm not looking for gritty realism.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here