Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Star Wars 7 - don't feck it up, Disney..

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
It's awful, the worst of 3 abysmal prequels. As someone mentioned earlier they don't exist.

Agree to disagree. Except to say that its so obviously not the worst of the prequels. If anyone doesn't think that TPM is the worst film ever made (let alone the worst of those three) then they're clinically insane.

BrianWade4

Aug 17, 2010
A nice bit of South London
I am still so angry about the recent 3, that I wish with every last sinew in my body that the new ones are the testament they should be ... In Abrahams I trust

As an aside, I am off to the secret cinema showing of Empire, anyone else going / been ?

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Agree to disagree. Except to say that its so obviously not the worst of the prequels. If anyone doesn't think that TPM is the worst film ever made (let alone the worst of those three) then they're clinically insane.

TPM is probably the best of 3 exceedingly shit films. The 3 way light sabre scene was good and Liam Neeson played his part well. The biggest issue is obviously Jar Jar and for that reason alone I'll never watch it again or any of the others.

ROTS should have been so good but the ending is laughably weak and the turn to the dark side is hugely under whelming, the last 30 is a huge rush job putting everything in place for episode IV

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Agree with that - particularly the 'kill the younglings' guff.

Well, they had to showe that Vader helped hunt down and kill the Jedi as Obi Wan says in episode 4. I'm sure most of us imagined him roaming the Universe, using the force to uncover hiding Jedi and then fighting and killing them one by one. Not marching into the Jedi temple, whilst all the adults were out, and killing all the kids. :(

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
I am still so angry about the recent 3, that I wish with every last sinew in my body that the new ones are the testament they should be ... In Abrahams I trust

As an aside, I am off to the secret cinema showing of Empire, anyone else going / been ?

My Mrs went on Friday. She said it was fantastic. You will have a great time, enjoy.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Well, they had to showe that Vader helped hunt down and kill the Jedi as Obi Wan says in episode 4. I'm sure most of us imagined him roaming the Universe, using the force to uncover hiding Jedi and then fighting and killing them one by one. Not marching into the Jedi temple, whilst all the adults were out, and killing all the kids. :(

It should have been a fascinating engaging journey following this young kid into full blown dark side evil, but swallowed up by so many other things. I bet a talented editor and writing team could take all the material that Lucas shot for the 3 prequels, and make one very good film out of it.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I bet a talented editor and writing team could take all the material that Lucas shot for the 3 prequels, and make one very good film out of it.

Or just bin it all and start again?

Aug 21, 2011
I also cannot watch the special additions of the original trilogy, so many changes that make me walk out the room in shame. My lad watches them but I cant. I feel so strongly about them that last week I ordered the 2006 DVD releases which came with the original theatrical versions.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

definatly not the worst film, and if you remove Jar Jar and the dryness of the trade dispute (replace with what though?), its not a bad film in its own right. the middle one is the worse of the series, with a horribly conceived pedo love story - think of the age gap! - and a whiny Anakin that seems to have all the traits of a Kevin the teenager rather than warrior monk. even then parts are OK, as said above, put together the important plot points in one, maybe two films and it would have been alot better.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
The age gap is only five years, in AotC, Ani is 19 and Padmé is 24.

Yep - they were very clear that Padame was only 13 or something when she was Queen of Naboo.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Yep - they were very clear that Padame was only 13 or something when she was Queen of Naboo.

elected ruler at 13? to contrived to fit in with the second film for me. one thing i've learnt from Lucas is there is a lot of revisionism, with us being told something is planned when clearly it wasn't, and was fudged later. this would seem to be down to casting and probably a re-write of the plot to AotC, because its doesn't work

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Palpatine is EXCELLENT in RotS though. Like a slightly camp pantomime villain, but getting progressively scarier as the movie goes on.

"No no NO NO NO"
"Not from a jedi"

and of course

"POWERRR... UN...LIMITED...POWER"

Brilliant stuff.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
elected ruler at 13? to contrived to fit in with the second film for me. one thing i've learnt from Lucas is there is a lot of revisionism, with us being told something is planned when clearly it wasn't, and was fudged later. this would seem to be down to casting and probably a re-write of the plot to AotC, because its doesn't work

13 seems a ridiculous age to rule a planet (did the Naboo rule the surface of the entire planet (other than the Gungans)?), but without such a naive ruler, there'd be no need for wise old Senator Palpy to look after her.

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
I was a kid when the original films were released so was the perfect age and I have grown-up with Star Wars, hence my love for it. I know people bash George Lucas for introducing the Ewoks in Return Of The Jedi but I do not care, I think Episodes IV, V & VI are ace.

As for the prequal trilogy, I think Revenge Of The Sith is decent enough but as for the other 2, save for a few rare bright moments they are toilet. Also, they try so hard to make Episode III tie in with Episode IV they make some glaring errors which make the whole thing ridiculous within the Star Wars canon.

But (a new) hope springs eternal as I believe the franchise is in safe hands with JJ Abrahams and he should do Star Wars justice. My only reservation comes from when I saw the trailer which was released a few months back. It did seem that they realised Episodes I, II & III were not well recieved so they are going back to using tried and tested elements and to appease the hardcore fans. By this I mean, in the trailer I saw the iconic look of stormtroopers and the cool sound of a tie-fighter. I just sincerely hope they are not going to just re-hash what has been popular in the past...In other words, do "Star Wars by numbers".

That said I am looking forward to the release of The Force Awakens and hoepfully this kicks-off an excellent trilogy of films.

Albion, England & Star Wars forever.

Thimble Keegan
Rustington BHA

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
I was a kid when the original films were released so was the perfect age and I have grown-up with Star Wars, hence my love for it. I know people bash George Lucas for introducing the Ewoks in Return Of The Jedi but I do not care, I think Episodes IV, V & VI are ace.

As for the prequal trilogy, I think Revenge Of The Sith is decent enough but as for the other 2, save for a few rare bright moments they are toilet. Also, they try so hard to make Episode III tie in with Episode IV they make some glaring errors which make the whole thing ridiculous within the Star Wars canon.

But (a new) hope springs eternal as I believe the franchise is in safe hands with JJ Abrahams and he should do Star Wars justice. My only reservation comes from when I saw the trailer which was released a few months back. It did seem that they realised Episodes I, II & III were not well recieved so they are going back to using tried and tested elements and to appease the hardcore fans. By this I mean, in the trailer I saw the iconic look of stormtroopers and the cool sound of a tie-fighter. I just sincerely hope they are not going to just re-hash what has been popular in the past...In other words, do "Star Wars by numbers".

That said I am looking forward to the release of The Force Awakens and hoepfully this kicks-off an excellent trilogy of films.

Albion, England & Star Wars forever.

Thimble Keegan
Rustington BHA

I agree with virtually all of that although it did not appear to me 3 was crammed to fit 4, seemed to move smoothly enough. The only gripe I had with 3 was the turn to the dark side moment was underwhelming although it was a process. Still better than 1 and 2 though.

Hope 7 starts with Ja rjars tragic decapitation, and thats the last of him!

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I agree with virtually all of that although it did not appear to me 3 was crammed to fit 4, seemed to move smoothly enough. The only gripe I had with 3 was the turn to the dark side moment was underwhelming although it was a process. Still better than 1 and 2 though.

Hope 7 starts with Ja rjars tragic decapitation, and thats the last of him!

JJ Abrams has jokingly mentioned that they may include a pile of bones in one scene that apparently represents the dead Jar Jar 😀

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here