Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Star Wars 7 - don't feck it up, Disney..

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
A cyborg, with an organic heart and eyes, who appeared to be on 40 Full Strength Death Sticks a day.

Ha ha, yes, he must have been short of funds to be able to fork out for the artificial lungs after he spunked his budget on 4 extra arms, and full spider-mode when needed.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
In the wider Star Wars universe Darth Maul is alive in a cave somewhere with mechanical legs and gone insane after his Sith Witch mother fixed him up.

*I have a nephew who is mad keen. I don't like sci fi that much, though I liked the first new Star Trek one.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
the problem with episode 1-3 is that you know the end, but you don't know the journey, and they get lost along the way. they have to get you from finding the messiah to him being a very, very naughty boy, in a believable manner. and largely fail. its not actually all bad, i mean the whole pining for his lost mother is a reasonable justification for the beginning of his descent, except that no other jedi can see or rather sense that he's going dark. trying to fit the story to 3 films is all just too restrictive and the pace and side plots required to fill out make it a bit ridiculous.

with free reign to take each film and a series to its conclusion (and then start another if they want), they cant really balls it up.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
All seems like it will be good except for the eternally annoying, not that funny, ever so chuffed with himself, Simon Pegg turning up. You don't see it on that, but Daniel Craig is a Stormtrooper in there somewhere too.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Agree. Well, the final half of it anyway, wrapping the originals with the prequel. The other two and a half films are a total bag of shite though, Attack of the Clones in particular is a total disgrace

the 2nd half of RoTS is good because it's all the bits they'd been working up to over the whole 3 movies, so although it was good it was also predictable to a degree. And the unveiling of Darth Vader in costume was cr@p/

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
the 2nd half of RoTS is good because it's all the bits they'd been working up to over the whole 3 movies, so although it was good it was also predictable to a degree. And the unveiling of Darth Vader in costume was cr@p/

I did actually like the Darth Vader / 1940's Frankenstein's Monster creation reference in a weird way.

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
Outside of Trainspotting and Shallow Grave, in both of which he is excellent, Ewan McGregor just cannot act and he leaves a disgraceful celluloid legacy trailing in his wake involving various ill-advised wigs.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
In the wider Star Wars universe Darth Maul is alive in a cave somewhere with mechanical legs and gone insane after his Sith Witch mother fixed him up.

That's pretty much my theory about what actually happened to Bin Laden.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Seems like they're doing everything right this time round. Can't see wait to see it come Christmas-time.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle

*I have a nephew who is mad keen. I don't like sci fi that much, though I liked the first new Star Trek one.

Lets not bring the lore cluster **** that is the Clone Wars cartoon up. They rode roughshod over an awful lot of time lines and established 'facts' in that show. I am sure this Disney reboot will do likewise, but that Maul is still alive as a spider thing story line was truly awful.

The only Clone Wars cartoon worth paying attention to is the original one by Tartakovsky of Samurai Jack fame, that was excellent.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
I think they'll do a good job but , as good news as it is for stunts and Special Action trade ,I think they'll overkill the franchise with all the films they've got planned . They'll kill the appetite for it. 7 films planned so far I think.

Conversely, its been 30 odd years since the first film came out and there's still enough, more than enough, of a fan base to warrant 7 films and associated comics, books, games, action figures etc etc.

desprateseagull

Jul 20, 2003
brighton, actually
Is this the one where Mickey Mouse gets lost in the Dagobah System and has to find his way home and Goofy realises that Pluto was actually his dad?

Wha?? Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
I feel that was in part their downfall - the fact that we knew where they had to end limited GL's room for creativity, and as has been shown he's not the best story teller out there, and can't write dialogue for toffee. There was (IMHO) a sense of inevitability about the story line - especially as we hit film 3, as we all knew how things start in A New Hope. It was a waste of 3 films.

It was a story that never really needed to be told in the first place. All this 'It was my grand plan all along' talk from Lucas is nonsense.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
All seems like it will be good except for the eternally annoying, not that funny, ever so chuffed with himself, Simon Pegg turning up. You don't see it on that, but Daniel Craig is a Stormtrooper in there somewhere too.

Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz were superb. Lots of Spaced fans on here as well though I can't say I've seen it myself.

I'm pleased for him in all honesty, a nerdy kid who grew up to appear in Doctor Who, Star Trek and now Star Wars, he's living the dream!

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz were superb. Lots of Spaced fans on here as well though I can't say I've seen it myself.

I'm pleased for him in all honesty, a nerdy kid who grew up to appear in Doctor Who, Star Trek and now Star Wars, he's living the dream!

I was thinking the same. Although he's certainly produced a lot of duff stuff, he has done Spaced, Sean of the Dead and been in Alan Partridge. A lot more good stuff than many others produce. Glad he's living the nerd dream.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Disney seem to be getting the hang of sci-fi.

John Carter and Tomorrowland were both fairly good. Just pleased Lucas isn't writing the scripts.

Indeed in fact don't forget that Disney now owns the Marvel franchise aswell and films like Avengers, Iron Man, Captain America and Guardians of the Galaxy aren't too shabby either!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here