Stan Mortensen statue removed from outside Blackpool ground by the Oystons

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
DIRECTORY
CONTACT

FANS UNITED IN BLACKPOOL, SATURDAY MAY 2nd 2015
F.A.N on 28th Apr 2015
Saturday May 2nd 2015 is Judgement Day at Blackpool FC where fans from all over stage a massive fans united protest with the message “Football first, Oyston out”. Join them.
2 min read
When Blackpool fans expressed concern about the state of our club at the beginning of the 2014/15 campaign, Karl Oyston famously said, “Judge me at the end of the season.” Well, judgement day arrives on Saturday 2nd May and it will be high time to let the Oystons and the nation know that we have reached a unanimous verdict!

Saturday 2nd May is an opportunity not just for Blackpool supporters but for football fans from all over the UK to come together to deliver our collective verdict on the Oystons’ ‘custodianship ‘ of Blackpool FC and to voice our demands for better governance of football and greater supporter involvement in how our clubs are run.

The Tangerine Knights and Blackpool Supporters’ Trust are pleased to confirm the following events have been agreed as part of our day of judgement. Come to sunny Blackpool on Saturday May 2nd and join us as Fans United. We hope thousands will march in protest.

The provisional schedule is as follows:
10:30 a.m. Meet at Bloomfield Pub, Bloomfield Road for a coordinated march to the stadium.

10:45 a.m. Fan groups from Blackpool FC and other participating clubs lead the Fans United march along Bloomfield Road past the South Stand and into Seasiders Way, along the full length of the West Stand to a congregation point close to Stan Mortensen’s statue behind the North Stand. Fans are invited to bring banners, flags, whistle, placards to supplement those of TK and BST as we all demonstrate to Karl, Owen and the watching media what we think of the way Blackpool FC is being run.

11:05 a.m. Ceremonial laying of scarves/shirts/memorabilia at Mortensen’s statue. Fans are encouraged to lay their items with their own personal messages pinned or endorsed to create a collage of discontent. Speeches from TK and BST spokespersons.

11:10 a.m. Release of balloons by young fans both Seasiders and from other clubs (subject to change)

11:15 a.m. Protest outside the West Stand with a musical backdrop.

12:15 p.m. Kick-off, the plan is for those who refuse to step foot inside Bloomfield Road to continue their protests outside the stadium

All the above is being arranged in consultation with the appropriate authorities and the march will be marshalled by stewards from BST. Neither TK not BST will be organising any protest inside the stadium. Those who choose to watch the match are of course urged to make their feelings known.

For those coming from outside the Fylde coast, there will be staging posts to greet you. Bring your club scarves, wear your club shirts, you will be made very welcome!

WE ARE BLACKPOOL FC
‪#‎JudgementDay ‪#‎FansUnited ‪#‎FootballFirst ‪#‎ExpectUs

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I would urge people to be careful with they say on this thread, wish I had the money to support Blackpool on their Fans United day and I hope their Club sees a brighter future soon.

Last edited:

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
I'm pretty sure that those of us who cannot get to Bloomfield Road on Saturday will be there in spirit with the Blackpool fans.

We know all about what they're going through at the moment. Let's hope the fans win through in the end.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Whilst they continue to attend matches and pay for season tickets will anything change?.
Surely if you want a protest then no one should enter the ground on Saturday.
A large crowd will give a bumper income to the club, how is that a protest?
Blackpool fans should consider a long term option of non support through non attendance and spend on club tickets & merchandise.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Here's something I've just read on WIki:

Owen John Oyston (born 3 January 1934 in County Durham) is an English businessman who is the majority owner of Blackpool Football Club. He was convicted of rape and indecent assault in 1996, which he has always denied. He served three years and six months of a six-year sentence in prison. He was released after a judicial review of the Parole Board's refusal to grant parole.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Owen_Oyston

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Here's something I've just read on WIki:

Owen John Oyston (born 3 January 1934 in County Durham) is an English businessman who is the majority owner of Blackpool Football Club. He was convicted of rape and indecent assault in 1996, which he has always denied. He served three years and six months of a six-year sentence in prison. He was released after a judicial review of the Parole Board's refusal to grant parole.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Owen_Oyston

Thankfully the Football League have a fit and proper test........

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
I'm on the coach from Brighton to go to Middlesbrough - maybe we should have a vote en route and divert to Blackpool instead if there's enough interest!

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
This has just been posted by the Tangerine Knights on Facebook:

Additional Comment on the removal of the Morty Statue:
We have been informed that yesterday morning a group of men wearing hi-visibility BFC jackets were seen removing the Stan Mortensen statue.
Our witness believes that during the removal the statue may have been damaged.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
I haven't got £20k to line the Oyston pockets, therefore unfortunately I can't say what I'm thinking. Needless to say though, I think we all have nothing but sympathy for the supporters and wish them well. They will come through the other end and have the great community club they deserve, just hope it's soon.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Now, I know this isn't our fight but Mortensen wasn't just a Blackpool legend, he was a great England footballer and whichever way you look at it, this is completely disrespectful, unnecessary and extremely provocative. Mortensen once auctioned his winners medals to help out Blackpool. He was player, manager and vice-president with over 50 years service to the club. He's even buried nearby and those Oystons have taken down his statue. That's low, I mean really low.

http://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/sport/blackpool-fc/mystery-over-morty-statue-removal-1-7233939

2251225010.jpg

Wouldn't it be just GRAND if one of those 'living statue' wallahs could strike the pose at the appointed place at the appointed time? The disgusting Oystons will probably have a cordon up to illegally prevent lawful assembly of the supporters. But if they don't...

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
That's incredible. Almost seems like a joke, I mean can they really be THAT disrespectful.

On the other hand though, it does give me a very tenuous reason to post this picture again.

50bates.452024.full.jpg

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
The Oysten's seem to be men of similar ilk to Bill Archer. Except even more provocative. I hope the Blackpool fans can run them out of town sooner rather than later.

Last edited:

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I don't suppose there's been anything from the club explaining why the statue has been removed?

Whilst a lot of us are already committed to being in Middlesbrough on Saturday so can't consider joining the protests, it would be good if there was some sort of recognition of Blackpool's plight at all the games being played at the same time. Do we know which are on TV yet? They would be the games to really try for a loud and coordinated protest like Derby managed a few weeks ago.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
I don't suppose there's been anything from the club explaining why the statue has been removed?

Whilst a lot of us are already committed to being in Middlesbrough on Saturday so can't consider joining the protests, it would be good if there was some sort of recognition of Blackpool's plight at all the games being played at the same time. Do we know which are on TV yet? They would be the games to really try for a loud and coordinated protest like Derby managed a few weeks ago.

sky.JPG

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here