Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stalked by a fox

SittingbourneSeagull

Dec 27, 2007
Sittingbourne
This morning whilst walking my dog at about 5:30 we encountered a fox coming out of a neighbour's drive. Stupidly I thought it would run as soon as it saw us, but no, it proceeded to follow us up the road (on the other side) just a safe distance away.

After a few hundred yards I was getting fed up with being tailed so stopped to stare it out (Big mistake) . The fox looked at us for a few moments and then started across the road straight towards us. My dog was growling by this time and to be honest I could have done with a change of pants. In a moment of panic I started waving my arms around and shouting loudly at it, and the fox went back across to the other path, but did not retreat any further. I started back for home having been completely thrown by this, only to find the fox following me again.

After a couple more sessions of arm waving and shouting the fox finally gave up but I must admit I was quite shaken by the whole episode.

Tomorrow I am taking a stick with me on my walk (not instead of the dog before some smart-arse pipes up).

Has anyone else had a similar encounter?

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
This morning whilst walking my dog at about 5:30 we encountered a fox coming out of a neighbour's drive. Stupidly I thought it would run as soon as it saw us, but no, it proceeded to follow us up the road (on the other side) just a safe distance away.

After a few hundred yards I was getting fed up with being tailed so stopped to stare it out (Big mistake) . The fox looked at us for a few moments and then started across the road straight towards us. My dog was growling by this time and to be honest I could have done with a change of pants. In a moment of panic I started waving my arms around and shouting loudly at it, and the fox went back across to the other path, but did not retreat any further. I started back for home having been completely thrown by this, only to find the fox following me again.

After a couple more sessions of arm waving and shouting the fox finally gave up but I must admit I was quite shaken by the whole episode.

Tomorrow I am taking a stick with me on my walk (not instead of the dog before some smart-arse pipes up).

Has anyone else had a similar encounter?

Sounds like it was a Fox or a Vixen protecting their litter.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I remember a Fox getting into my garden over a year ago, during the day. Our 4 rabbits were bouncing around and he must have thought, here we go. But our mother bunny, a BIG albino with evil red eyes just sat there and stared at it. After a minute or so, it bolted. In the meantime, my mum was hurriedly running around to the back garden to attack it with an umbrella! Classic, the things you see when looking out the window.

My cat regularly sleeps alongside a fox at my mums new place, I have no digital pics sadly but it's quite odd apparently. He also sleeps in the kennel with the dog next door. Gets about a bit.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Get a a pet Crocodile. (PS: Snapper Turtles are just defensive.)

brighton_girl87

Jul 18, 2006
Yes! It happened to me a couple of years ago. I'd had a few drinks in town and had got the last bus home, I was walking up my road and a fox jumped out in front of me, I crossed the road and ran and it did the same! I ended up crossing the road six times and each time it followed me. I was actually quite hysterical and didn't know what to do, luckily after about five minutes it disappeared. I must have looked a sight if anyone looked out their window, a drunk girl with her shoes in her hands (took them off so I could run faster) sobbing while running away from a fox!

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
I saw what i thought was a cat running towards me in the pedestrian part of Hounslow high street.. realised it was a fox and the thing came right up to me and was trying to smell my feet i think.. kept it at bay with my foot..but you start thinking rabies and it freaks you out a bit.
Indian bloke appeared behind me and said...what sort of animal is that?
Its a fox mate....he just said..my god...and ran haha...but thing was making a weird sound rather than growling or anything..more of squeeling sound.

Last edited:

cornish seagull

cornish seagull
Feb 25, 2011
cornwall
I saw what i thought was a cat running towards me in the pedestrian part of Hounslow high street.. realised it was a fox and the thing came right up to me and was trying to smell my feet i think.. kept it at bay with my foot..but you start thinking rabies and it freaks you out a bit.
Indian bloke appeared behind me and said...what sort of animal is that?
Its a fox mate....he just said..my god...and ran haha...but thing was making a weird sound rather than growling or anything..more of squeeling sound.[/QUOTE
Foxes! get a life, its the bears you have to worry about in Cornwall!

NickBHAFC18

Feb 24, 2012
Brighton
Hahaha, foxes scare the shit out of me! We have quite a few in our area and especially in our back garden. The cat gets on fine with them as he is a big old bruiser and near enough the same size. But they have followed me in the past and it can be scary.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Oohhh a big scary Fox !!!!!!!
He probably wanted some food !
Take a packet of dog biscuits next time and
feed him FFS !!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here