Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Stadium Bucketlist

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
I love the old grounds in the north like Macclesfield and Rochdale and all the ones that no longer exist like the original Rotherham Utd, Hull City, Bolton and York City grounds. Used to love going to those places following Brighton, pre sat nav days and just looking for fooodlight pylons as I arrived in town and hoping I didn’t end up at a railway yard by mistake.

Not so fussed about the newer grounds as they all seem a bit identikit but I’d love to visit the new Spurs ground.

My pre-SatNav away game trick was drive to the town, and pull into the first garage I came across.

Pop into the shop bit, and they were bound to have a local street-map guide on the shelves.

Spend a couple of minutes perusing that to get an idea of where to head for the football ground, buy a packet of crisps or something as ‘cover’, and then head on.

Simpler days.

Soon, your ‘car’ will automatically know your preferred football team and their fixture list, and will ‘driverlessly’ take you directly to the ground without even been asked, while you zzz in the back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
67 of the current 92. That’s clubs rather than grounds.
11 of mine in addition are now marooned in the National League, 4 in the National League North and 1 in the National League South.
It’s going to be quite difficult seeing many new grounds even when fans are back in stadiums as the only PL clubs I have yet to visit are Manchester City and Southampton.

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
I love the old grounds in the north like Macclesfield and Rochdale and all the ones that no longer exist like the original Rotherham Utd, Hull City, Bolton and York City grounds. Used to love going to those places following Brighton, pre sat nav days and just looking for fooodlight pylons as I arrived in town and hoping I didn’t end up at a railway yard by mistake.

Not so fussed about the newer grounds as they all seem a bit identikit but I’d love to visit the new Spurs ground.

Despite leaving Millmoor in 2008, it’s actually still (mostly) there. Had to get a slow train to Sheffield last season that went right past it. Spent my journey home watching urban explorer type videos about it, which weren’t that interesting to be honest. So there you go.

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
I would like to go to any football stadium at the moment.

Just the Amex will do me fine.

The Marseille Velodrome and the Braga one in the mountain will have to wait for another year

Went with England vs. Russia, no backs on the chairs. When Dier scored, goodness me, went about twelve rows.

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
The San Siro without doubt. As an 8 year old, the 1990 world cup was what really got me into football and that stadium has will always seem like a magical place to me. Desperate to get there before it's demolished.

Best stadium I've ever been to. Right in the middle of the Milan ultras. Unbelievable atmosphere.

GREASED WEASEL

Dec 10, 2017
Definitely a bit of ground hopper nerd, went to a couple of different stadium in Brittany just before lockdown, sad really but I DON'T CARE :lolol:

Not at all,which one's?

Although I live in southern France I always look out for the breton and Normandy teams

There's quite a few of them,but they never seem to win anything

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I would like to see a few more non league grounds when thing finally get back to normal.
I’ve not been to Hastings United, Burgess Hill Town, Worthing or Eastbourne Town.

Yes Chef

Apr 11, 2016
In the kitchen
Not at all,which one's?

Although I live in southern France I always look out for the breton and Normandy teams

There's quite a few of them,but they never seem to win anything

I went to Lorient v Le Mans in ligue2, Lorient won easily (4-0 I think) and were awarded promotion when the league was abandoned. Tickets were only €5 but there was only a few thousand there.

A day or two later I went to Brest v Bordeaux in the top flight, cracking atmosphere, a 1-1 draw. Brest missed a pen with not long to go I recall.

I've been to Le Havre and Caen on previous trips, I sort of wanted to adopt Caen as my French team but the red and blue kit put me off! I'll try and get to Stade Rennes at some point, I really like the city, and probably the best of a bad bunch...

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
3d90f2-20160919-vikings-packers04.jpg

Hands down the best and most spectacular stadium I have ever visited.

As for my bucketlist...The Santiago Bernabeu, San Siro and Arizona Cardinals Glendale stadium.

I watched the Super Bowl there a few years ago. What a stadium. Even their sound system is amazing!

I'd love to go to the Bernebau, the Nou Camp and the Rungrado May Day Stadium at full capacity to watch Blighton Hove Arrubian beat the Kim Jong Eleven.

sweetmods

Jan 31, 2004
Shoreham Beach
I did that in 1998... it was rained off!

But we Dean Headley bowled them out in a session to win - probably the best sporting event I’ve been to

Same here......I was so disappointed after the first day washout but the rest of the match more than made up for it - absolute carnage in Bay 13. It is the most memorable sporting occasion I've attended........followed closely by Goughie's hat-trick at the SCG a few weeks later.

GREASED WEASEL

Dec 10, 2017
I went to Lorient v Le Mans in ligue2, Lorient won easily (4-0 I think) and were awarded promotion when the league was abandoned. Tickets were only €5 but there was only a few thousand there.

A day or two later I went to Brest v Bordeaux in the top flight, cracking atmosphere, a 1-1 draw. Brest missed a pen with not long to go I recall.

I've been to Le Havre and Caen on previous trips, I sort of wanted to adopt Caen as my French team but the red and blue kit put me off! I'll try and get to Stade Rennes at some point, I really like the city, and probably the best of a bad bunch...

Good stuff :thumbsup:

I'm really hoping FC Rouen can get back to at least Ligue 2

You've actually put me off Caen now too :lolol:

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

I went to a Caen match, I honestly didn’t know their colours until getting to the stadium, I was going to buy something from the club shop but the red and blue put me off.
I wasn’t impressed they didn’t sell beer in the stadium but smoking was allowed.

Yes Chef

Apr 11, 2016
In the kitchen
I went to a Caen match, I honestly didn’t know their colours until getting to the stadium, I was going to buy something from the club shop but the red and blue put me off.
I wasn’t impressed they didn’t sell beer in the stadium but smoking was allowed.

At the Lorient game I mentioned previously, the only place to get an alcoholic beer was in the bar, in the main stand. I was supposed to be in the cheap seats but literally nobody checked or stopped me, so I ended up watching the second half there!

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
At the Lorient game I mentioned previously, the only place to get an alcoholic beer was in the bar, in the main stand. I was supposed to be in the cheap seats but literally nobody checked or stopped me, so I ended up watching the second half there!

I did enjoy the fries and mayonnaise sold from a market stall outside the stadium.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here