Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Stadium Bucketlist

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
During lockdown I spent an evening or 2 adding up the grounds I have been to.

I reckon I have seen games at 130 grounds, >50 of them being overseas including most of the big European grounds. Being a big cricket and rugby fan too, you can add another 70 to that for other sports of which half are again overseas.

To complete the inner-anorak in me, if I am somewhere that has a famous old stadium but there is no game on, I will still try and visit it or do a tour, and that covers more than 100 more grounds on top!

That’s more than 300 in total but still haven’t been to grounds like Hampden, Celtic, the Etihad or even the newer Crawley Town ground!

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Went to the San Siro in September for Milan v Atletico. Fabulous ground, and brilliant atmosphere. San Siro, La Bombonera and Dortmund's ground were the main three in my bucket list, and I've now done them. Boca probably had the best atmosphere, but they were al good.

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
One I ticked off earlier this season. Alfred-Kunz-Stadion, Home of BSG Chemie Leipzig. Grungy and gritty, but oozing in atmosphere. Next tick off is hopefully a visit to the Bruno-Plache-Stadion, home of Lok Leipzig. Two traditional Leipzig stadiums and clubs compared to the sugary drink franchise in the Bundesliga.

Chemie

chemie3.jpg

Lokomotive Leipzig

Lok.Stadion.jpg

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
One I ticked off earlier this season. Alfred-Kunz-Stadion, Home of BSG Chemie Leipzig. Grungy and gritty, but oozing in atmosphere. Next tick off is hopefully a visit to the Bruno-Plache-Stadion, home of Lok Leipzig. Two traditional Leipzig stadiums and clubs compared to the sugary drink franchise in the Bundesliga.

Chemie

View attachment 142369

Lokomotive Leipzig

View attachment 142370

Those are great! The first ground I visited outside the U.K. was Dynamo Dresden in the late 70s (yes, before the wall came down). It was famous for its European nights under the ‘giraffe’ floodlight towers. I went back again recently but of course the old ground has long since gone but they did sell some nice souvenirs with the old ground on them, and I am now the proud owner of a beer tankard and coffee mug featuring the ground as it was then.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here