Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Stadium Access Cards 23/24

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Thanks im.not suggesting anyone should but i understand club want stop ticket sharing illegally and touts so i wonder how can they and if touters have tried this.
Touts are punting out burner phones with tickets on? Doubt it.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
There are loads of examples on this thread of elderly fans who do have mobile phones as well as those who don't. There is no discrimination going on anywhere except in your head. All fans of all ages, genders, sexual preference etc etc are being treated equally.
My folks just about to turn 80 and on their phones more than my teenage kids are!

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
Im genuinely learning about mobile phones here but i struggle with size of
Touts are punting out burner phones with tickets on? Doubt it.
If you mean burner is money given away surely thats added to deal cost you arm and a leg and i throw a free phone in for ya...sorted guv!

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
And you’ve never once connected any of them to a wifi network or wondered what the wifi options in the settings were?

Try joining your home wifi, putting phone in aeroplane mode then turning on wifi. Pretty much everything will work apart from calls and SMS. Even iMessage will work on iPhones
I’m not sure what you are getting at. We aren’t talking about me. I have a smart phone so of course I connect it to Wi-Fi. The conversation is about people without smart phones isn’t it ?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I can understand if you said his age and condition meant he was unable to use a mobile but why you would declare it is 'admirably' is a bit weird almost like you see it as a badge of honour. What exactly do you or he have against being able to communicate with others?
Simple - we all waste way too much times on these poxy things! I definitely see it as admirably 100%. Plus I also mean he won’t cave to society suggesting he should have one!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Do you live in a religious community ?

It is personal choice, yes. That’s fine. But the club doesn’t have to cater for every personal choice.
No they don’t. But they can and are and always have. A free of charge piece of plastic as part of your season ticket if required 🤷🏻‍♂️

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Fair enough, but the club is geared up for mobile ticketing now. So if you refuse to use it you can still attend but an extra charge applies. Don't see the issue with that myself.
£20 for something that he has already and will cost £0 to activate as always? Nah, piss take for me.

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
£20 for something that he has already and will cost £0 to activate as always? Nah, piss take for me.
Do you think it devalues how he feels about club kinda takes something away or is he able to seperate out do you think?

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Must admit never realised you can put ticket on an old phone without a sim card. Of course would never consider doing it but presume that would mean you can just have a phone for Albion and share with friends

Surely if you shared your 10 year old phone with just Google wallet loaded and shared that with other folk they would then have access to your credit cards etc. loaded in the wallet?

edit:
probably should have quoted @BNthree

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
Surely if you shared your 10 year old phone with just Google wallet loaded and shared that with other folk they would then have access to your credit cards etc. loaded in the wallet?
Yes but i think thought here was a cheap phone used only for Albion digit tickets nothing else.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I’m the same age as your Dad and had a mobile for over 20 years.
My ex is younger than thou (i guess) and has a mobile but never sent a text or answered a voice mail on her DORO phone let alone worry about 4g ..wallets etc ..luckily she’s not a football supporter (note ex)

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003

edit:
probably should have quoted @BNthree
You’d be stupid to have credit card stored on a phone you were planning on passing to someone else.

If it was me I’d have set the old phone up using a separate account so nothing synced across from my main phone, then just login to the ticketing site and download the tickets to that device. Not that I’d ever do that cause it’s against the T&Cs etc.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
The cost is zero, are you certain of that?
No but I imagine it’s clicking a button to put the whole season into the card. Same as the digital wallet - so nothing / next to nothing / part of the service… can’t believe so many are picking apart a clear money grabbing unfair ploy personally. The Internet - where everyone loves to argue something that is nothing really to do with them and not affecting them - had this exact conversation with someone today after reading out some of the posts on here 🤷🏻‍♂️

Ps - the ‘cost’ would be the same as the smart phone option I’m pretty sure - the card may cost a quid or whatever but already has that and can be used for many seasons like we used to. Does it really matter?

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
No but I imagine it’s clicking a button to put the whole season into the card. Same as the digital wallet - so nothing / next to nothing / part of the service… can’t believe so many are picking apart a clear money grabbing unfair ploy personally. The Internet - where everyone loves to argue something that is nothing really to do with them and not affecting them - had this exact conversation with someone today after reading out some of the posts on here 🤷🏻‍♂️

Ps - the ‘cost’ would be the same as the smart phone option I’m pretty sure - the card may cost a quid or whatever but already has that and can be used for many seasons like we used to. Does it really matter?
I think that’s a bit unfair. We can all express an opinion on the direction of travel of the club. There will be technological things the current elderly generation do that their parents wouldn’t have countenanced. The world only stops if you get off.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here