Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

SSN Special Report on Racism

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Absolutely this. I saw the report on SSN last night and quell surprise it was the block on the right hand side with 40-50 year morons that came under scrutiny. Every time we go there you see behaviour which WOULD NOT be tolerated at any other stadium go unpunished. Sadly the people who run Millwall have a thankless task trying to rid themselves of this element of their support. I agree with those who say that Millwall have done a terrific job thus far in trying to cure themselves, but sadly even more stringent measures are needed if they are to rid themselves of this unsavoury element. What was on our screens last night was disgusting and indefensible.

I'm sad to say that whenever i have encountered large groups of Millwall fans either at the Den (old and new) or when they have been the visitors they have done nothing to rid themselves of their violent, racist and homophobic stereotype. A large element of the support behave like knuckle dragging scum, and if they don't like being called out on it then, then they should man up and start cleaning themselves up. The sad thing, the "reputation" is all they have at that club, maintaining that seems to be as important for some Millwall fans as the football.

Of course not all Millwall fans are like this, in fact many are indeed decent footy fans who display the cheerfully weary cycniscism of following a small/medium sized club and I truly feel for them having their name dragged through the mud by those who fail to get to grips with the 21st Century. On the field I think Kenny jacket has done a great job with limited resources MFC are always decent to watch and our games against them are always entertaining. It's just a shame that they are continually let down by a minority (albeit a significant one) of their support.
Really ? So how come there was photographic evidence of chelsea and swansea fans making monkey gestures at black players recently ? Why, on a programme about racism at football was this left out , wouldn't be to protect the premier league "brand" by any chance ?

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Not by stewards or anyone to do with the club he wasnt

- - - Updated - - -

or how about the sunderland fan seen doing monkey gestures here :

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2012/12/03/sunderland-fan-arrested-racist-monkey-chicken-dance_n_2230489.html

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
my nigerian neighbour goes to millwall week in week out and he hates white people.
So your neighbour is a Millwall fan, and he's racist.

When you ook around the Amex next week and see a sea of white faces think of Millwall which is far more diverse and accommodating.
The fact that more black people live near the Den than the Amex doesn't mean they're accommodated better there.

i admit that some black people locally are wary of millwall but plenty go
Isn't that what they're saying?
millwall are phenomenal in the local community, even in schools where there are no white kids.
So the club itself isn't being racist, they are working to attract new supporters from all backgrounds - that doesn't mean none of the fans are racist, and being racist at games does it.

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Out of interest, why are you not a Millwall fan having been born/bred locally?

My dad was born in Sydenham, even though it is in the Lewisham borough it is next to Crystal Palace and closer to Selhurst than the Den.

The reason Millwall do not have many black fans is because when their parents/mums/dads came here they automatically supported teams like Arsenal, Spurs, Liverpool and Man U. As is normally the case you normally follow the team your dad did.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
The worrying thing, and I am just going on the video evidence here (and allowing for how its edited so please shut up about that), is that even if it was just that one odious old 'wall scrote shouting racial abuse that either no-one in earshot reported it - making pretty much that entire block complicit in racial abuse - or that no action was taken on any report - making the stewarding and policing operation complicit in racism too.

Whatever Millwall do in the community, and no matter how many wonderful things the non-racist majority may be involved in it is stupid, short-sighted and counter-productive to pretend there is not a serious problem which needs addressing.

For further clarification nowhere in this post am I proclaiming there are not problems of greater or lesser extent at other football clubs.

Gullys Cats

Sausage by the sea!!!
Nov 27, 2010
NSC
I live in South East London and have done virtually all my life, I was also born in Lewisham hospital. My immediate circle of friends are either black or mixed race and lets be fair its fair to assume that I know and mix with more black people than both of you combined(maybe a generalisation but im pretty sure of my assumption). And after reading this thread I can honestly say hand on heart I have never ever met a black/mixed race person who supports Millwall. Some may say im lying to support one side of the argument but I have been racking my brains trying to think of one and I honestly cannot.

Their are loads of black Millwall fans.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Not by stewards or anyone to do with the club he wasnt

"From the time of that report, within 10 minutes the stewards obtained the CCTV footage, went through it and identified the alleged person in question. Also within the 10-minute period a male spectator was arrested for a racially aggravated public order offence. As a club, Swansea City abhor racism and have worked hard to keep it out of what is a family club."

That was from the statement released by Swansea City at 6.15pm on the day of the game.

Not really sure they could have acted much more swiftly.

Gullys Cats

Sausage by the sea!!!
Nov 27, 2010
NSC
Just watching this now. Surprise Surprise it is Millwall that have turned out to be the worst. SSN visited Millwall under cover and quite frankly they are a bloody disgrace some their fans.

Millwall (Chief Exec?) coming out with the same old drivel they have done for years.

Why is it Millwall more than most seem to get away with more than most. When I was there earlier in the season, there was a group of thugs near the away dug out kicking off exactly where SSN visited under cover over 3/4 games.

How bad will it get before Millwall get found out and punished properly

Right, I am not going to defend the undefendable, Millwall has by far the worst problem when it comes to fans behaving badly, there are some horrible Millwall fans, but when you talk about Millwall as a whole, then you will meet some lovely people, law abiding fans, black Millwall fans, Millwall fans love the club and as for racism, there are a small minority of racists at Millwall, I can tell you that first had, but I still don't like taking my kids to Millwall, Millwall as a club have a long long way to go.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Millwall are the only fans that have scared me so far this season, ready to fight anyone about anything and they love the fact people hate them.

Not scary, just intimidating in numbers. However, when fronted up they turn out to be typical bully boys living off the image of Millwall's past.

martyn20

Unwell but still smiling
Aug 4, 2012
Burgess Hill
Not scary, just intimidating in numbers. However, when fronted up they turn out to be typical bully boys living off the image of Millwall's past.

One very large Millwall fan jumped the railings at the railways station to get to a BHA who complained about the homophobic chanting, he must have been 20 stone and he went down 6 feet and it took 2 policemen to stop him getting to the BHA fan, he was scary on his own and with his mates

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I live in South East London and have done virtually all my life, I was also born in Lewisham hospital. My immediate circle of friends are either black or mixed race and lets be fair its fair to assume that I know and mix with more black people than both of you combined(maybe a generalisation but im pretty sure of my assumption). And after reading this thread I can honestly say hand on heart I have never ever met a black/mixed race person who supports Millwall. Some may say im lying to support one side of the argument but I have been racking my brains trying to think of one and I honestly cannot.

Two words: David Haye.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
They have their bully boys smudge , as do all clubs, but there's no denying that they have some very scary people follow them , who can , and will back up all the talk.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here