Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

SSN Special Report on Racism

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Just watching this now. Surprise Surprise it is Millwall that have turned out to be the worst. SSN visited Millwall under cover and quite frankly they are a bloody disgrace some their fans.

Millwall (Chief Exec?) coming out with the same old drivel they have done for years.

Why is it Millwall more than most seem to get away with more than most. When I was there earlier in the season, there was a group of thugs near the away dug out kicking off exactly where SSN visited under cover over 3/4 games.

How bad will it get before Millwall get found out and punished properly

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Interesting the only two factions in this film that did not or have not witnessed any form of racism at Millwall are the FA and the Police , with that in mind its no wonder Black players have been conditioned by their clubs to try and ignore it . Mental

- - - Updated - - -

Interesting the only two factions in this film that did not or have not witnessed any form of racism at Millwall are the FA and the Police , with that in mind its no wonder Black players have been conditioned by their clubs to try and ignore it . Mental

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010

- - - Updated - - -

Yes. The Stewards conveniently heard nothing at these games too.

Awful state of affairs and like you say, it's no wonder so much goes ignored, especially at The Den

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P

Awful state of affairs and like you say, it's no wonder so much goes ignored, especially at The Den

the vast majority of millwall stewards are black. congratulations on getting sucked into the news international rubbish. any racist abuse isnt nice but this is the same firm that gets murdered girls text accounts. it happens at grounds up and down the country but you are buying the red top version. think for yourself. millwall have a far more diverse fan base than most clubs in the south east especially compared to the albion.

- - - Updated - - -

the vast majority of millwall stewards are black. congratulations on getting sucked into the news international rubbish. any racist abuse isnt nice but this is the same firm that gets murdered girls text accounts. it happens at grounds up and down the country but you are buying the red top version. think for yourself. millwall have a far more diverse fan base than most clubs in the south east especially compared to the albion.

AlbionRob

Dec 25, 2011

- - - Updated - - -

Did you see the program?

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Did you see the program?

programme. yeah just watched it - and was at the sordell game myself. there is no point discussing it on here it all gets very daily mail and knee jerk just because a silly telly programme has pointed you in a direction. total media sucker for everyone. its frightening how much people will believe heavily edited and agenda-d news international product just because a telly programme uses a known media demon, and people line up behind it. i know many mixed race and black people who go to millwall, whereas i know very few who watch the albion.

- - - Updated - - -

Did you see the program?

programme. yeah just watched it - and was at the sordell game myself. there is no point discussing it on here it all gets very daily mail and knee jerk just because a silly telly programme has pointed you in a direction. total media sucker for everyone. its frightening how much people will believe heavily edited and agenda-d news international product just because a telly programme uses a known media demon, and people line up behind it. i know many mixed race and black people who go to millwall, whereas i know very few who watch the albion.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010

- - - Updated - - -

Oh right? So the video footage they showed with a hidden cam was made up was it. Stop talking out of your arse.

Secondly, you clearly did not watch the programme so to slam it in the way you have had just made you look silly tbh

Edit: you have just claimed you have seen it. Well amazing how you are slagging off the "heavily edited" article but what have you seem at Millwall first hand then?

Last edited:

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Oh right? So the video footage they showed with a hidden cam was made up was it. Stop talking out of your arse.

Secondly, you clearly did not watch the programme so to slam it in the way you have had just made you look silly tbh

so i would be on the thread 5 minutes after it finished if i hadnt watched it??? yet more madness. i couldnt count on more than two hands how many black and mixed race millwall fans i know. who wouldnt have that, if it was next to them. cant say the same about the albion. my nigerian neighbour goes to millwall week in week out and he hates white people.

Last edited:

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
so i would be on the thread 5 minutes after it finished if i hadnt watched it??? yet more madness. i couldnt count on two hands how many black and mixed race millwall fans i know. who wuldnt have that if it was next to them. cant say the same about the albion. my nigerian neighbour goes to millwall week in week out and he hates white people.

See my edited reply. However, amazing you conveniently know so many black & Asian people that go to Millwall yet SSN produce video evidence and and all you have is a kind of "edited" opinion of the truth with nothing what so ever to back it up.

You hate Sky Sports. Wow. Well where is your proof then? Also, Millwall are re-opening that initial investigation that is apparently propaganda according to you.

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
I live in South East London and have done virtually all my life, I was also born in Lewisham hospital. My immediate circle of friends are either black or mixed race and lets be fair its fair to assume that I know and mix with more black people than both of you combined(maybe a generalisation but im pretty sure of my assumption). And after reading this thread I can honestly say hand on heart I have never ever met a black/mixed race person who supports Millwall. Some may say im lying to support one side of the argument but I have been racking my brains trying to think of one and I honestly cannot.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Forgot this was on, but can pretty much guess what happened.

Did they actually tell us anything we didn't already know or was it just regurgitating stories from when it was rife in 80s followed by a few incidents at the clubs that havent yet stamped out a historical problem? (let me guess, Milwall is obvious -also Leeds, Everton, West Ham - if they managed to get any footage at the others - no point in going to chelsea as they've been priced out)

I'm not trying to say it's all rosey, but it does annoy me that football gets the blame for society's problems. If football didn't exist these people would still be racist and they would probably be spouting their views around pubs in bermondsy/new cross/eltham on a saturday afternoon. At clubs that have relatively poor catchment areas and historically have had racist groups attaching themselves to the general support there is going to be more racism.

The Spanish is right when he says it's designed and edited to shock you and produce a knee jerk reaction. Educate everyone in the population and get rid of relative poverty and you will get rid of racism in society. Until we do that you'll be able to find racist behaviour where people don't realise they're being recorded on a camera.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
See my edited reply. However, amazing you conveniently know so many black & Asian people that go to Millwall yet SSN produce video evidence and and all you have is a kind of "edited" opinion of the truth with nothing what so ever to back it up.

You hate Sky Sports. Wow. Well where is your proof then? Also, Millwall are re-opening that initial investigation that is apparently propaganda according to you.

i know andy ambler, not well admittedly but have met him a number of times and i know how hamstrung he is on this media assault backed up by divvy responses like this. also my sister in law has been involved in community projects at millwall including anti homophobia initiatives at millwall. really, leave it mate, this is the TV equivilent of the Sun, you want to believe it knock yourself out. When you ook around the Amex next week and see a sea of white faces think of Millwall which is far more diverse and accommodating. i really promise you that.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Forgot this was on, but can pretty much guess what happened.

Did they actually tell us anything we didn't already know or was it just regurgitating stories from when it was rife in 80s followed by a few incidents at the clubs that havent yet stamped out a historical problem? (let me guess, Milwall is obvious -also Leeds, Everton, West Ham - if they managed to get any footage at the others)

I'm not trying to say it's all rosey, but it does annoy me that football gets the blame for society's problems. If football didn't exist these people would still be racist and they would probably be spouting their views around pubs in bermondsy/new cross/eltham on a saturday afternoon. At clubs that have relatively poor catchment areas and historically have had racist groups attaching themselves to the general support there is going to be more racism.

The Spanish is right when he says it's designed and edited to shock you and produce a knee jerk reaction. Educate everyone in the population and get rid of relative poverty and you will get rid of racism in society. Until we do that you'll be able to find racist behaviour where people don't realise they're being recorded on a camera.

SSN went to all the grounds around the country where players have recently claimed they were racially abused. This was not anything based on a historical witch hunt at all. Only that of the clubs they visited, Millwall came out worse.

You can claim you smell a rat all you like but my first hand experience backs up SSN

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
I live in South East London and have done virtually all my life, I was also born in Lewisham hospital. My immediate circle of friends are either black or mixed race and lets be fair its fair to assume that I know and mix with more black people than both of you combined(maybe a generalisation but im pretty sure of my assumption). And after reading this thread I can honestly say hand on heart I have never ever met a black/mixed race person who supports Millwall. Some may say im lying to support one side of the argument but I have been racking my brains trying to think of one and I honestly cannot.

thats bollocks mate sorry. i admit that some black people locally are wary of millwall but plenty go, including kids. millwall are phenomenal in the local community, even in schools where there are no white kids.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
i know andy ambler, not well admittedly but have met him a number of times and i know how hamstrung he is on this media assault backed up by divvy responses like this. also my sister in law has been involved in community projects at millwall including anti homophobia initiatives at millwall. really, leave it mate, this is the TV equivilent of the Sun, you want to believe it knock yourself out. When you ook around the Amex next week and see a sea of white faces think of Millwall which is far more diverse and accommodating. i really promise you that.

Sorry. But still nothing to back it up. Do you think you are the only one in this conversation that has 1st hand experience of The New Den?

Why are you comparing the crowd demographic of Millwall & Albion anyway? What has that got to do with anything? A bit like do you have to be black to be offended by Racism?

So no. I won't leave it because I have seen and heard it for myself.

I am Millwall have to work extra extra hard to make it a better club but it does not help having a group of fans turn up week in week out that have not been dealt with

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Sorry. But still nothing to back it up. Do you think you are the only one in this conversation that has 1st hand experience of The New Den?

Why are you comparing the crowd demographic of Millwall & Albion anyway? What has that got to do with anything? A bit like do you have to be black to be offended by Racism?

So no. I won't leave it because I have seen and heard it for myself.

well perhaps you should hear it for yourself. i was at Tiny's funeral recently (admittedly as an onlooker), perhaps if you had been there you would have a different view.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Well it wouldn't make very profitable reading or coverage for Sky if they said Burnley had the worst problem amongst their fans, especially the strong BNP support there and the stone they always throw at Blackburn about having a large Asian community.

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
thats bollocks mate sorry. i admit that some black people locally are wary of millwall but plenty go, including kids. millwall are phenomenal in the local community, even in schools where there are no white kids.

Your telling me its bollocks, I was born in Lewisham and have lived in that borough virtually all my life and only a few years ago moved three miles down the road to Bromley. I also have a flat in Bermondsey.
Millwall are excellent in the work they do for schools, my son was trained by Millwall coaches and now my youngest is also trained by them and yes they are marvellous with the kids and the man who ran them was my next door neighbour! really he was. Coincidentally I only ever saw one black coach from Millwall and I have probably met twenty.
I am simply saying that I have never ever met a black/mixed race Millwall fan. Its not because they are scared to go Millwall but because that is not how the footballing allegiance worked for immigrants and that has been passed onto their offspring(my friends).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here