Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Spurs - Sat 5th Feb 8pm

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Lot of people on this thread who seem to know the inner workings of the Albion ticket office and the negotiations between the two clubs.

Has anyone considered it might have been Spurs who changed their mind ?

Just as likely as any of the Anti-barber conspiracies on here.

The club could have worded the original info better … as in have taken an initial allocation of 5,700 but COULD get up to 9k dependent on home supporter demand or something.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I was astonished how few tickets were available when I bought my albion+ ticket this morning. There was so much complaining on here, on twitter and the like about the kick off time and how people 'were going to have to watch on TV instead' that I assumed the attendance would be way down.

Surely Barber and the team will have seen the same. Quite honestly there was so much whinging about the kick off time meaning people couldn't go, how could they not react to that and take a lower allocation?

I bought some this morning (I almost didn’t as was waiting on an answer from someone as to whether they were able to go) but I wasn’t surprised at the limited numbers….I just assumed further blocks would be released as they’d been doing since Friday (and for virtually every other away game)……….

Last edited:

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Maybe PB was not keen on 1000s tickets becoming available to Albion + members and guests of season ticket holders?

I will just use personal contacts in future to get tickets from afar, and not bother paying for Albion + membership as there seems to be no discernible benefit.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Have the club acknowledged and apologised for the dismal communication on this?

This will have affected hundreds of fans, at a minimum.

Paul Barber has been writing to fans saying that because people weren't buying tickets when they are normally asleep he thinks they got the demand spot on. After all, he's never wrong.

Sometimes - despite his undoubted good work that he does do - he can be the ultimate corporate bell cheese

[TWEET]1483095411678224386[/TWEET]

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Oh well, just another nail in the coffin for my Albion support. This club is almost going out of its way to drive away fans with 40+ years support! Don’t remember them doing this 1997-2011…

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
Well maybe but not the dozens of fans from NSC on this very thread! who posted for days last week pooh poohing the idea of anyone bothering with an 8pm kick off, and coping with rail replacement buses etc. and predicting poor take up.

We'll never know if we'd have got close to 9k though now is there. :shrug:

Plenty seemed to say we'd take 5 or 6k of that, but that is only 2/3rds of the potential we could have had.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Paul Barber has been writing to fans saying that because people weren't buying tickets when they are normally asleep he thinks they got the demand spot on. After all, he's never wrong.

Sometimes - despite his undoubted good work that he does do - he can be the ultimate corporate bell cheese

‘in the past few hours we have sold very few tickets…….(I’m correct again, as I always am etc)

- possibly because people were waiting and needed twos, threes and more, and there were none left :facepalm:

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
‘in the past few hours we have sold very few tickets…….(I’m correct again, as I always am etc)

- possibly because people were waiting and needed twos, threes and more, and there were none left :facepalm:

Yep. Ridiculous statement.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
We'll never know if we'd have got close to 9k though now is there. :shrug:
Plenty seemed to say we'd take 5 or 6k of that, but that is only 2/3rds of the potential we could have had.

Well they missed out tickets from me at least cos i hadn't got round to getting mine convinced that more blocks would be released - as sales were going so briskly - and i'd wait until then and sit higher up.
I think the comms on this was very confusing.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
But that's not what has irked most. That is a side show. The issue is that the Club suggested that there would be plenty of tickets for everyone by highlighting all the prioritisation process and how a much wider fanbase could access tickets. Additionally, the ticketing website showed what appeared to be unreleased blocks, reinforcing the notion that there were plenty of seats likely to be available, They haven't done it on purpose, but that suggestion has led to many in what would have been a priority segment, missing out..

There are twice as many tickets available than normal. As a myAlbion+ member I have never got close to being able to get a ticket for a Brighton premier league game in London, but I've got one for Spurs in the Cup. So I think he was right. Obviously the take up being even higher than expected has come as a surprise to everyone, and in general I agree that this is yet another kick to myalbion+ members by taking a reduced allocation, there were no pairs left when I bought my single ticket

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
I would’ve been buying 5 tickets, but was waiting for Wednesday as two of them were for non-STH who are not MyAlbionFleece members. I am sure there will be many others in the same boat as me.

Barber (and the ticket team) have called this wrong.

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
I just don't understand why they even mentioned 9,000, when from what they are saying today, they never even thought about taking all 9k.

Expect they were in PL away game mode where they could request further blocks after assessing demand.

However FAC has different ticketing and revenue rules, combined with the short time until the fixture will have also meant Spurs may have started selling the additional after our initial non-commitment.

The club has been understandably cautious but failed to notify anyone which is the real issue here.

Last edited:

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Sake :rolleyes:

Been at work all day, to then come home and find out that it’s sold out.

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
I was planning on buying 6 tickets, 3 of whom were non season ticket holders but who go regularly to games. We wanted 6 seats together. Oh well. Watching ITV4 in a Saturday night it is.

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
Well they missed out tickets from me at least cos i hadn't got round to getting mine convinced that more blocks would be released - as sales were going so briskly - and i'd wait until then and sit higher up.
I think the comms on this was very confusing.

They weren't confusing, they were insufficient.

What would have been wrong with:

"Unless demand is high when the tickets initially go on sale, we'll only be taking 5700 of our allocation so we suggest supporters act fast to secure their tickets"

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Well I've missed out, the same as I did for Norwich, waiting for general sale to go with mates BUT
doesn't anyone remember the Wolves home game & Boxing Day?

Boxing day 8 O'clock kick off, Transport problems, shown live on TV etc. How many turned up? 15000? people were angry at the kick off time and even calling for it to be boycotted.

Spurs 5/2/22, 8 O'clock kick off, Transport problems, Shown live on TV etc. People now complaining that we haven't enough tickets.

We probably could have sold a lot more but how can you expect the club to think we could sell 9000? When we only just got a few thousand more for 2 home matches.

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
Virtual Fans Forum a week tomorrow, 25th Jan could be interesting.

I remember us completely underestimating our away allocation at Norwich, unless they gave us a max of well short of the 10% capacity.

As has been said many times, the club should have communicated better and no excuses or reasons could argue against that.

Sent from my SM-A226B using Tapatalk

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I wonder if because it's the upper tier whether Spurs said you either take the whole 9k or 5.7k - i.e. if you take the upper tier you have to take all of it or none of it.

I don't think we'd sell 9k, maybe 7k or something given how well tickets have sold.

There you go, 5700 or 9000, from the horses mouth. :moo:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Well I've missed out, the same as I did for Norwich, waiting for general sale to go with mates BUT

Boxing day 8 O'clock kick off, Transport problems, shown live on TV etc. How many turned up? 15000? people were angry at the kick off time and even calling for it to be boycotted.

Spurs 5/2/22, 8 O'clock kick off, Transport problems, Shown live on TV etc. People now complaining that we haven't enough tickets.

We probably could have sold a lot more but how can you expect the club to think we could sell 9000? When we only just got a few thousand more for 2 home matches.

Wolves game seems like ages ago.

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX

Indeed, completely agree but they could have confirmed the actual allocation taken. I've got 3 but wanted more for other non-ST holders which has now presented an awkward situation where wives were supposed to be coming with hotel in town booked but we are short 2 tickets.

I thought we would have gone for 9k but at the same time I'm not surprised we have been cautious.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here